Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,642 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by CC09LawAg
Triple_Bagger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gig em 02 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think we are going to sell into the close for profit taking.

In 2020 I expected the market to go down more and kept thinking that it didn't make sense we were running up, so I kept shorting and losing.

I think the same thing now and it's still going up after 6 green qqq days. What should I look for to know that it's time to throw logic out the window and just ride the wave up?
This is very different from 2020. The fed was propping up the economy back then and you should never fight the fed. The fed is removing support this year and the economy is being supported by consumer debt. This wave up is almost over.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess I should've cut SQQQ losses AH last night. Crap.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We think. We still shouldn't be in the business of predicting, especially with more and more stocks getting above their 50 & 200 ema.
WestTexAg12
AG
WWR at $1.25.
Eliminatus
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I learned and still use PS60 with Dan Shapiro. I think several posters in here are in his webinar or follow his trades on Twitter. I'm still in his daily webinar. His recorded videos of his process are very informative and the process works if have the discipline and stick to the plan.

Nice. Thanks. Exactly type of info I was looking for.
Triple_Bagger
Bob Knights Liver said:

We think. We still shouldn't be in the business of predicting, especially with more and more stocks getting above their 50 & 200 ema.
Agreed. Just a warning for everyone going long here. I'm not shorting yet, but I am selling everything I bought when SPX was 36XX.
planoaggie123
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

WWR at $1.25.

I may get yelled at for asking and should go back and re-read this thread...but...what were the original #s people thought this stock would get to that caused all the frenzy? Are there estimated revenues that were pitched that still seem viable and just has taken a lot longer to get the factory, approvals, etc?
0708aggie
AG
What is going on with $COIN?
Saltyag15
AG
Appears they are going to partner with BlackRock. That's the only big news I can find.
Ags2013
AG
planoaggie123 said:

WestTexAg12 said:

WWR at $1.25.

I may get yelled at for asking and should go back and re-read this thread...but...what were the original #s people thought this stock would get to that caused all the frenzy? Are there estimated revenues that were pitched that still seem viable and just has taken a lot longer to get the factory, approvals, etc?
$15-$20 - I'm just hopeful someone pumps it enough that I recover some of my money
SF2004
AG
Open with a slight sell off on job numbers and then back to our regularly scheduled pump.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Is OA dropping a bunch of cash on WWR this morning to prove a point? Somebody is buying and I'm ok with it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's about all I can bear for now. Out of SQQQ for -11%, -$1146.

Guess I was due a loss after last month.
bmoochie
AG
where does WWR think she is going?!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think the target was $15. I had some doubts that financials could support that based on the graphite prices a year ago. However with inflation, supply issues, China issues, and the continued push for EV and electrification in general, graphite prices may very well be there to support that. The biggest negative, in my mind, was the approval of that massive shelf. That's been a big anchor on the price since. I still kick myself that I didn't immediately sell 75% or more of my shares after that passed.
planoaggie123
AG
Interesting. I am tempted just to dabble a bit. I know it was lower not too long ago and is still very speculative but might be worth grabbing a few hundred shares with play money just to join the fun...thinking...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Got out of my TSLA puts for surprisingly low loss (23%) and made a small profit (~$400) on some TSLA calls. I'm not able to trade the rest of today nor monitor calls, but if TSLA gets to $950 I'll really be kicking myself.
TChaney
planoaggie123 said:

Interesting. I am tempted just to dabble a bit. I know it was lower not too long ago and is still very speculative but might be worth grabbing a few hundred shares with play money just to join the fun...thinking...
Another option is... well Options.

Jan 24 2.50 LEAPS are at .46 right now.
Irish 2.0
TChaney said:

planoaggie123 said:

Another option is... well Options.

Jan 24 2.50 LEAPS are at .46 right now.

Or sell naked puts
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well my almost $13k in profits from leveraged trading last month is now at $11k after stupidly trying to time the dip with inverse plays. Clearly that's not working out, plus the market is just indecipherable right now for me.

Gonna sit on some cash for a while and let my long term holds do their thing for now.
AgCPA95
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

Is OA dropping a bunch of cash on WWR this morning to prove a point? Somebody is buying and I'm ok with it.

Chatter is multiple insiders buyer in the past week.
Boban
bmoochie said:

She's not going anywhere.

- Signed by a longtime bag holder with another attempt at reverse psychology
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Of course the day I give up on SQQQ is the day QQQ starts dipping immediately after.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We got another one, fam! I still think this one will have difficulties moving up substantially until we get speculative money flying around again or unless they begin producing and selling a product.
Spoony Love
AG
Are you even investing if you haven't "dabbled" with WWR?
tailgatetimer10
AG

https://makeagif.com/i/iQp4Vs
irish pete ag06
AG
I went bag cutting like crazy last late spring... CLOV, PLTR, SOFI, etc... just to name a few.

WWR was one of these.

I just started a very small position again.

bmoochie
AG
Cuppa said:

bmoochie said:

Ha! we are holding that bag together don't you worry. I took Mass Accumulation to heart
BenRev09
AG
Me offering a pick is probably the clearest signal for a top, but the chart for IMMR looks to have broken out from consolidation.

ETA: if it does hold, it'll probably take some time to grind through 6.50 - 7.00. Could be a good candidate to sell calls against
Saltyag15
AG
AMD is running today. I'm assuming it's due to the Goldman Sachs price target raise.
carl spacklers hat
Saltyag15 said:

Appears they are going to partner with BlackRock. That's the only big news I can find.
Maybe an attempted short squeeze, too. Something like 22% of open interest is sold short. If the WallStreetBets crowd is pushing it, that might add to the rise in price.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
zag213004
AG
bmoochie said:

Cuppa said:

bmoochie said:

Ha! we are holding that bag together don't you worry. I took Mass Accumulation to heart

I took it to heart at 4.59
59 South
AG
A couple of massively critical stocks especially for tech AMZN and AMD have recaptured and holding above 200 day so far this week.

Market breadth in this rally has been good, don't discount that just because of how you feel.

I entered (and posted) quite a few longer term stocks back in late June and all are green except OSTK. AMZN and SQ have been big winners in a short time. Getting the itchy finger to sell some calls out to September soon.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Horrible chop. Took a couple Ls. Stopping before I make it worse.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
59 South
AG
I'm off this week and back from a nice trip today. Had planned to trade tomorrow but the kids talked us into legoland tomorrow. Priorities… I guess
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
First Page Last Page
Page 5595 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.