Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,016,853 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by ProgN
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching for the test of the 10DMA may come in to play for me today if we can't get beyond 410. If below that until after lunch hour, I would think we see a dive toward testing the 10dma. You're right, supply is low.
irish pete ag06
AG
Pelosi's plane landing safely caused VIX to drop 1.2 points so far.
Irish 2.0
irish pete ag06 said:

Pelosi's plane landing safely caused VIX to drop 1.2 points so far.
Maybe they'll blow it up on the tarmac...
Irish 2.0
This market has every reason to go lower, but the ****ng Fed keeps propping it. This is only delaying the inevitable and the 'soft landing' rhetoric is going to **** a lot of people
Spoony Love
AG
Time for a sleeper cell in Taiwan to activate
McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

Time for a sleeper cell in Taiwan to activate
I really thought one of those scrambled SU's was gonna lay waste to that runway.
Buck Compton
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

This market has every reason to go lower, but the ****ng Fed keeps propping it. This is only delaying the inevitable and the 'soft landing' rhetoric is going to **** a lot of people
I don't even see how the Fed is propping up the market. I know QT isn't happening very quickly like it should, but the interest rate hikes have only just begun if you ask me.

WIRP is basically saying the market doesn't believe the Fed has the stones to get inflation under hold and force a recession. Only 3 hikes priced into Treasury markets right now. There will be no soft landing here--we were so propped up for so long, that the fall is inevitably going to be hard.
irish pete ag06
AG
HOWDY! GOOD TO SEE YA IN HERE AGAIN!
irish pete ag06
AG
This is just a bear market rally, and it has a long way to go to not be one. If you zoom out on the weekly, still not even close to showing a full reversal yet.

Philip J Fry
AG
McInnis 03
AG
Howdy. I lurk from time to time, just sooooooooooooo busy.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hard spot here. I think SPX probably gets up to 4140 area today. When sell comes, it will be fast and unexpected. This is boring / dull market territory. You don't want to be short a dull market.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Buck Compton
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

This is just a bear market rally, and it has a long way to go to not be one. If you zoom out on the weekly, still not even close to showing a full reversal yet.

Agreed. I was just saying I don't agree that it's the Fed "propping it up". The market is propping itself up until the Fed kicks the other crutch away and it drops again.
Spoony Love
AG
Mathematical potential is certainly there for the scenario presented but PE has been staying above 15 since the 90's, and what I would consider a modern market. I think PE stays above that long term barring any intentional destruction of our economy (although this admin is certainly trying)

More investors today then ever before and that usually keeps PE high because everyone is sharing risk and now willing to take on a little more. Just my opinion of course.
WestTexAg12
AG
+90% return on ROKU weekly $79 calls bought on pullback this morning.
austinAG90
AG
Fed's Daly Reset the Tone on Fed Hawkishness... 2.71 10 Years Back in the Mix

We knew that the Powell dovishness of last week was misplaced... We said as much yesterday as inflation numbers are much too high for where the revised "after Powell" market was thinking... Daly reset that tone this morning with an Uber Hawkish speech... 10 Years, which had gotten down through our 2.55 resistance, to 2.51 are now back to above 2.70... A 19 basis point move... So much for 2.375 10 years... She also crushed the curve where 2/10 got to minus 34.6... Now that is back to just above 30....Equities are still working off a different narrative... Question is where do we go from here?... Lots of new longs have gotten smoked after the shorts got smoked in the post Fed trading days... But jolts numbers are showing some small weakness... And we think the employment number could be a market mover on Friday... The Pelosi trade has lost some legs but the Chinese response has gone from immediate to stepping up Military exercises... 2.71 should have a magnet effect on where legacy longs and shorts have some room to move... But for now Daly has reset the narrative
ProgN
Yuge volume spike on $U
Irish 2.0
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Close enough to 4140. I'm exiting some runners I had and waiting for a reset
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
bmoochie
AG
Can someone smarter than me explain that ticker HKD that Baylor mentioned yesterday? I am not in it but I am very confused how a stock can run from $12 to now $1,455 in a few weeks on basically no volume. Today's volume alone is barely over 200k shares traded and its up over $700 as of this post. I just don't understand how that is possible.
Irish 2.0
bmoochie said:

Can someone smarter than me explain that ticker HKD that Baylor mentioned yesterday? I am not in it but I am very confused how a stock can run from $12 to now $1,455 in a few weeks on basically no volume. Today's volume alone is barely over 200k shares traded and its up over $700 as of this post. I just don't understand how that is possible.
No idea, but I'd never touch a stock with a $250 spread on the Bid/Ask.

Edit:
It halted right as I typed this

It'll be interesting when this rug gets pulled
Irish 2.0
This is fine and normal!

Halted again
bmoochie
AG
It is one of the strangest things I have seen!
irish pete ag06
AG
Is this the start of small cap short squeezes like we had in early 2021?
Decay
AG
EVERYONE BUY GME BEFORE IT GOES OFF AGAIN
Ag CPA
AG
Chinese company, would not be surprised if laundering is going on here.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Hard spot here. I think SPX probably gets up to 4140 area today. When sell comes, it will be fast and unexpected. This is boring / dull market territory. You don't want to be short a dull market.
spot on
AgCPA95
AG
Decay said:

EVERYONE BUY GME BEFORE IT GOES OFF AGAIN
Don't forget AMC
Irish 2.0
Ag CPA said:

Chinese company, would not be surprised if laundering is going on here.
That's exactly what it is. This is my tinfoil hat on it.

Money is being laundered through the stock from China back to U.S. Banks and Hedge Funds so they can meet collateral.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

****ing FINALLY!! Mester is who was needed to blow the whistle I guess. Give us a nice inverted hammer and lets have a repeat of June. RIP OFF THE ****ING BANDAID!!!!
irish pete ag06
AG
Plankton account problems, was out of buying power right before that knife... wanted to load puts so bad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Things finally looking up for my inverted plays. Had one more set of trailing stop buys for SQQQ and SPXU that hit right as the downturn started. A little more here and I'll be at break even and ready to see some green.

Unfortunately I also bought some UPRO in my Roth as a hedge, but whatever. Feel much better with my UPRO bleeding than my SPXU.
EngrAg14
AG
Down to 390 again over next two weeks?
Chef Elko
AG
I wanna play HKD musical chairs
Triple_Bagger
Triple_Bagger said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Triple_Bagger said:

SAVA Degenerates; there's some unusual volume on this weeks C20. They're supposed to announce Q2 earnings this week so they might give an update on the clinical trials. Might just be shorts hedging, but it's a cheap lotto ($30).

I've mentioned before that I opened a bunch of GTC SAVA 1/2024 call credit spreads at various stokes, that would Mac out at 100:1 payout. The five $120/$150 spreads executed this morning. There's something going on with SAVA. It may simply be earnings anticipation, but something is up.
Most of those weekly C20s were day trades yesterday. Over 3,000 in volume and only 800 OI today. I sold mine for $52 this morning (+73%). Still holding shares and 1/2024 C120/150 spreads.
Those C20s are $124 now (+300%)
First Page Last Page
Page 5589 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.