Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,117 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by El_duderino
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still battling here, but certainly does seem like bears in control
irish pete ag06
AG
309.52 is the 23% fib from the uptrend over the last few days on QQQ
Txducker
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Still battling here, but certainly does seem like bears in control
agree, today's model t is 312.2. All kinds of fighting there.
Irish 2.0
****ing 5min BB needs to turn it's ass down so this sell can continue
Txducker
AG
bounced perfectly off the daily 100 sma at 311.95. Next level to clear. 61.8 fib is at 311.66. qqq
Irish 2.0
I do so love me some technical analysis...
Irish 2.0
For what it is worth, I believe that the IWM is more overbought then the rest of the ETFs. That is what I've been trading lately
Txducker
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

100%. I used to enjoy video games as a kid. TA is way better!!!!
Diggity
AG
LMCane said:

so the market is just going to blithely ignore 1) a literal recession entered into yesterday concurrent with 2) the highest inflation in 41 years now?

Inflation figure that the Fed follows closely hits highest level since January 1982
FRI, JUL 29 20228:36 AM EDTUPDATED 27 MIN AGO

The personal consumption expenditures price index rose 6.8% in June, the biggest 12-month move since the 6.9% increase in January 1982.

Excluding food and energy, so-called core PCE increased 4.8% from a year ago, up one-tenth of a percentage point from May.
The employment cost index, another figure Fed policymakers follow closely, rose 1.3% in the second quarter.

The index climbed 5.1% on a 12-month basis, a record for data series that goes back to 2002.
you really like to repeat yourself don't you? I think one time in a couple hours is plenty to get your message across.

Philip J Fry
AG
So PED is doing what I thought it was going to do. I'm up 13% this past week. Am I the only one in on this stock? Todays candle is crossing the 50ema for the 6 month. Best I can tell, every time it does this, it makes it to 1.75.
Txducker
AG
Txducker said:

bounced perfectly off the daily 100 sma at 311.95. Next level to clear. 61.8 fib is at 311.66. qqq
I bought 0722p313 after my sqq for 1.42. Out of my puts, 3@2.42 and 2@2.12. Made some eat out money. It's taking a breather and it may go retake the high. better take profits while I can. I am using the hourly 5 ema as my sqqq stop loss 312.65. I was in at 313.87.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Made some money shorting. We are probably going to 4140 today on SPX.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Txducker
AG
Txducker said:

Txducker said:

I bought 0722p313 after my sqq for 1.42. Out of my puts, 3@2.42 and 2@2.12. Made some eat out money. It's taking a breather and it may go retake the high. better take profits while I can. I am using the hourly 5 ema as my sqqq stop loss 312.65. I was in at 313.87.
stopped out of my sqqq for a profit. . max profit was around qqq 310.96 (about 75% fib level) on today high to the 10:30 low. I think the 61.8 fib of 313.12 or the hourly 10 ema 312.94 would have been better stops for a retest to the downside or areas to look for retry to the downside if those levels hold. If not, then go to retest today's high again. First test of 61.8 fib rejected. My mistake was not taking sqqq profits at the 75% fib like I did with my puts.
ProgN
Txducker said:

Irish 2.0 said:

100%. I used to enjoy video games as a kid. T & A is way better!!!!
FIFY
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I'm not brave enough to buy any TQQQ at these levels. Put in one more buy for SQQQ at $40 as a hail Mary in case it rips into the close, but i just don't see this being the actual end of the bear market quite yet.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
In honor of ProgN

Rally ass edition for the bag holder investments I hold.

Oh, it's there, 32 second mark if you don't have time for the entire video.

Yeah, yeah,...I know,...2/10 WNB,...yeah, whatever..

Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

QQQ coming into an area for a potential triple top.

5/6 - 315.09
6/2 - 314.56
SPY on deck for a potential double top as well here

6/9 - 411.74
Today HOD (so far) - 410.99
Order

Sell to open AAPL Calls - 2024 Jan 19 - $200 - $13.25
Txducker
AG
qqq bulls have had an impressive recovery today. July has officially beat the June high. It will be interesting to see what this means going forward.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Txducker said:

qqq bulls have had an impressive recovery today. July has officially beat the June high. It will be interesting to see what this means going forward.

I think there can be no other answer than we are in a rally until we aren't, right? I expect consolidation and I have no clue if this rally will last and lead us into a sustained bull market, but we've made it through FOMC and earnings, prices are well above the 50-ema, and almost all momentum indicators point to up.

I don't know how and I still feel bearish, but the price answered all of our questions at least for now, didn't it?

I'm asking here. I did not intend any snark or to be argumentative with this post.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

In honor of ProgN

Rally ass edition for the bag holder investments I hold.

Oh, it's there, 32 second mark if you don't have time for the entire video.

Yeah, yeah,...I know,...2/10 WNB,...yeah, whatever..

Thanks brother, she's definitely my type so 9/10 WDB.
gig em 02
gig em 02 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Yes very true! SPY also put up a hanging man type candle after a gap up. Again, wait for confirmation but this could be a means to retest recent lows.

Plus, coupling this knowledge with Cramer ringing the bell, look out below!

You sure that's not a hammer?
In hindsight, I think it was a hammer
That's how you start a weekend!
irish pete ag06
AG
Screwed up shorting today. Played too far OTM early and held them too long. Entered again and timed entry great. Missed my exit when got distracted with some camping activities... held a little for potentially a bounce back down off model T but didn't happen so ended up 0 for 2 today. Around minus 5% on the account total, so ended up basically flat for the week.

Definitely could have done better today. Not a great performance. Biggest thing is, I didn't do some of my bad habits I've had in the past like trying to turn these losses into a swing.
sts7049
AG
Diggity said:

LMCane said:

so the market is just going to blithely ignore 1) a literal recession entered into yesterday concurrent with 2) the highest inflation in 41 years now?

Inflation figure that the Fed follows closely hits highest level since January 1982
FRI, JUL 29 20228:36 AM EDTUPDATED 27 MIN AGO

The personal consumption expenditures price index rose 6.8% in June, the biggest 12-month move since the 6.9% increase in January 1982.

Excluding food and energy, so-called core PCE increased 4.8% from a year ago, up one-tenth of a percentage point from May.
The employment cost index, another figure Fed policymakers follow closely, rose 1.3% in the second quarter.

The index climbed 5.1% on a 12-month basis, a record for data series that goes back to 2002.
you really like to repeat yourself don't you? I think one time in a couple hours is plenty to get your message across.

pretty easy for Barnes to lose track of his socks
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Yep
bmoochie
AG
Philip J Fry said:

So PED is doing what I thought it was going to do. I'm up 13% this past week. Am I the only one in on this stock? Todays candle is crossing the 50ema for the 6 month. Best I can tell, every time it does this, it makes it to 1.75.
I was and dumbly got out 3 days ago
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I like the topping candle the market just made.

Here's how I want to play the rest of the day: size lightly because it's 2:00 on OPEX Friday.

• Basing over SPX 4128, want to be long, but need to push through 4131 in very short order or it's invalid
  • Below 4128, want to be short biased and you want to see some momentum down start, otherwise it's just consolidation chop
  • machines will take over sometime between 2:30 and 2:45, you want to be out while the machines are squaring up positions.
  • 0 DTE is highly risky, use something more forgiving or use UPRO, UDOW, TQQQ
Txducker
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Txducker said:

I think there can be no other answer than we are in a rally until we aren't, right? I expect consolidation and I have no clue if this rally will last and lead us into a sustained bull market, but we've made it through FOMC and earnings, prices are well above the 50-ema, and almost all momentum indicators point to up.

I don't know how and I still feel bearish, but the price answered all of our questions at least for now, didn't it?

I'm asking here. I did not intend any snark or to be argumentative with this post.
I see it as a rally also. qqq made a higher high on the weekly and monthly chart. March is the only other month this year that finished the month higher than the previous month. April said "who cares" and then sold off setting new lows. Lots of evidence for bad economy and more pain coming in the fall, however the market is not ready to price that in for the whole market. I don't know what to think big picture, long term for the market so I am just playing weekly and intraday trends. Monday starts a new week and month, so a new trend can start. I just don't feel good about picking a direction. I will be long biased because it is the current trend.
Carlo4
AG
Thanks all for the help. Went ahead and closed positions on the following. My dad only knows how to go long on stocks, so didn't want to confuse him with anything more complicated. Still way too much in tech, but this clears out ALOT of them. He only has apple, arista networks, microsoft, google, amazon, and nvidia in the tech sector.

He also had no cash for any trading, so freed him up with enough to have fun in a few months.

APPN
CRWD
SQ
TWLO
ZS
NFLX
TTD
T
SIVB
ROKU
MDB
ESTC
COIN
SHOP
20% APPL long position (apple alone was 40% of his entire portfolio)
Philip J Fry
AG
bmoochie said:

Philip J Fry said:

I was and dumbly got out 3 days ago
We'll see what happens if it actually breaks through the 50ema for the day. Still might have a small window of opportunity.
Philip J Fry
AG
Looks like we've formed one inverted shoulder and one inverted head on UPRO.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Does your dad lurk here?!
Irish 2.0
Oh my!
gig em 02

Yep
How did you know this?
First Page Last Page
Page 5585 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.