Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,000,774 Views | 231606 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by giddings_ag_06
Ranger222
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
a criminal probe is another hit piece???

This goes way beyond SAVA now --

https://www.science.org/content/article/potential-fabrication-research-images-threatens-key-theory-alzheimers-disease
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
In case you missed this.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/biden-redefines-recession
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

SAVA at $15 right now. Down 30%.

This is about the investigation that started August 2021, after the complaints of two doctors working with shorts. It's still a very risky investment, but they've allowed Ph2 & 3 trials to continue while this investigation has officially been open. This feels like another hit piece to me.
exactly what I was thinking when reading up on it
Dr. Alister MacKenzie
Ranger222 said:

https://www.science.org/content/article/potential-fabrication-research-images-threatens-key-theory-alzheimers-disease
This. If you like SAVA at $14 you'll love it even more at $4.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My $27 TQQQ limit order missed yesterday by 5 cents.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ranger222 said:

Thanks, I'll have to read through this. What is saw still focused on the investigation that started last August.
Saltyag15
AG
Soooo...did MSFT and GOOG temporarily save the market? At least until the fed decides to speak!
texagbeliever
See if MSFT lost its steam. Waiting for QQQ to either use 300.75 as support or break below to have an opinion on direction until fed announcement.
Triple_Bagger
Dr. Alister MacKenzie said:

Ranger222 said:

This. If you like SAVA at $14 you'll love it even more at $4.
If you believe it's going to $4, you should short sell as much as you can at $16 today
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Seems jpow's language has gotten less ambiguous as this has dragged on, so the most likely scenario is rip into close then pain thurs/fri?
Ranger222 said:

Do you believe/think/feel/whatever, that SAVA is manipulating data? I'm curious what your stance is.

As for me, I read the article. ...... I'm not a doctor. From what I read, Schrag is trying hard, but are his efforts to preserve science or eliminate competition? There are disputes over the same data where one party claims it's legit and the other party claims it's not legit. I think this play under review in the booth will rule in favor of SAVA because of indisputable proof not being present. The "proof" of images being manipulated or not-manipulated has support from both party's meaning it's disputable. And, since it's not indisputable to overturn the call (on-going FDA Phase Tests) on the field, SAVA continues. Yeah, mixed in some football, because lots of offense and defense going on in this medical investigation. My simple mind..

Bonfire1996
AG
VLO reports tomorrow. Rip starts now
BaylorSpineGuy
The question at hand stems back to data from the mid 2000s possibly being altered that has sent the medical community in the wrong direction for nearly 20 yrs. A complex condition like AD is not likely to be unwound by a single drug with a simple mechanism.

If the allegations that the study from 2005-6 were altered, that will literally equate to the NIH being sent on a literal rat race for nearly a generation. I have a good friend who is retired Neurologist, and he has felt for decades that the amyloid theory is not sufficient.

I'd be careful speculating on this one.
FTAG 2000
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Ranger222 said:

Do you believe/think/feel/whatever, that SAVA is manipulating data? I'm curious what your stance is.

As for me, I read the article. ...... I'm not a doctor. From what I read, Schrag is trying hard, but are his efforts to preserve science or eliminate competition? There are disputes over the same data where one party claims it's legit and the other party claims it's not legit. I think this play under review in the booth will rule in favor of SAVA because of indisputable proof not being present. The "proof" of images being manipulated or not-manipulated has support from both party's meaning it's disputable. And, since it's not indisputable to overturn the call (on-going FDA Phase Tests) on the field, SAVA continues. Yeah, mixed in some football, because lots of offense and defense going on in this medical investigation. My simple mind..

I don't read the article as SAVA has done anything wrong.

If the allegations are proven true, they are saying the entire premise of the protein causing Alzheimer's is illegitimate.

Given that's what SAVA has targeted and put all their work into, that would be a problem for them if found credible.

Now, their drug could still work, but if this theory is thrown in the trash by the NIH then it's absolutely going to have a negative impact on Cassava.
Triple_Bagger
FTAG 2000 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Ranger222 said:

If the allegations are proven true, they are saying the entire premise of the protein causing Alzheimer's is illegitimate.

Given that's what SAVA has targeted and put all their work into, that would be a problem for them if found credible.

Now, their drug could still work, but if this theory is thrown in the trash by the NIH then it's absolutely going to have a negative impact on Cassava.
SAVAs drug doesn't target plaques directly like other AD drugs on the market. SAVA claims their drug corrects for a misfolded protein in the brain, which they believe causes AD.
BaylorSpineGuy
The last SPY gap is at 401.44. Perhaps with some fireworks this afternoon, that gap will close today or tomorrow.

Looks like the last two FOMC meetings ended in doji's or spinning tops, so possible to close in the 394-395 range.

I've got clinical duties around that time so will likely sit it out but will be watching as much as I can.
Brewmaster
AG
whoohoo! rippy time
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't worry, there will be sell today.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
texagbeliever
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Don't worry, there will be sell today.
Called that nicely. AAPL looking to challenge 154 potentially here.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
30k do you still love ostk?
Lake08
I think we see a nice overall rally rest of week.
topher06
Maybe shouldn't have sold those calls on the AMZN shares I bought. Oh well, still a nice 7% scalp in 3 days if they get called out at $120.
Lake08
topher06 said:

Maybe shouldn't have sold those calls on the AMZN shares I bought. Oh well, still a nice 7% scalp in 3 days if they get called out at $120.

I am waiting to sell my calls after the fed. Even for two days before expiration, the premium is very juicy.
topher06
Lake08 said:

topher06 said:

I am waiting to sell my calls after the fed. Even for two days before expiration, the premium is very juicy.
Yeah in hindsight I definitely should have done this, but obviously that's an easy call in hindsight. Still it was just cash I would have otherwise had lying around so a 7% return on it is helpful and much better than 0% (or 0.02% or whatever pathetically low interest banks pay now).

Glad for you and others who haven't sold CC yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Took my $200 UPRO profits (+3.5%) off the table. First trade of the week, nice and quick.
Lake08
topher06 said:

Lake08 said:

topher06 said:

Yeah in hindsight I definitely should have done this, but obviously that's an easy call in hindsight. Still it was just cash I would have otherwise had lying around so a 7% return on it is helpful and much better than 0% (or 0.02% or whatever pathetically low interest banks pay now).

Glad for you and others who haven't sold CC yet.

Or the fed sheats the bed and I am mad I didn't do what you did. Profits are always good
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$URA up 5% from my post yesterday. Hope you guys bought as well. I sold 3/4
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes, I believe in it.
LMCane
Bonfire1996 said:

I predicted a 50 bp inversion by Thanksgiving, the most in 40 years. I'm going to feel pretty good about myself if that hits.
I have been following this issue as well.

what would be the significance if it hits the largest inversion spread in 4 decades?

the "experts" barely even discuss bond rates anymore or the inversion of the curve on treasuries
BaylorSpineGuy
Enjoy

Got any bad news?
BaylorSpineGuy
All roses over here, Farmer! :-)
docaggie
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Agree with SAVA not having done anything wrong, and a probe would likely show that.

But if it's shown that the researchers falsified data in the initial Science article from 2006 - and it looks like that's the case - it is devastating to all of the pharmaceutical research done since then.
It could have ripple effects on not just SAVA, but any pharma currently doing amyloid protein work.

If Science comes out and retracts papers, there'll be a big drop in a number of stocks but especially SAVA, I think.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hit my UPRO stop loss at $40 on my brokerage.

Set a buy for $39.

Kinda banking on a flash dip with the Fed and a rally into the finish. Seems to be the pattern this year.
Senate passes Chip Bill and Pelosi got a pay day..
First Page Last Page
Page 5577 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.