Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,810 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brokerage:

Guess I'm technically net free on TQQQ now?

Hit my stop at $29.35 on 250 shares (took a $400 loss), which puts me +$8,635 ytd on TQQQ.

Cost basis on my remaining 200 shares is $6,476, so I guess that counts as net free shares now. Was hoping it would hit $30.50 and I'd be close to net free on 300 shares rather than 200, but hey. Can't complain too much.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. Already bouncing. This is what I get for being too conservative. I upped my stop from $29 to $29.35 this morning and it bit me in the ass.
sts7049
AG
this is where mancini's levels and approach really helps. 3930/40 was a key level and the reaction there showed it holding.

i went short at the level too, but my mistake was going in too quick instead of seeing the reaction first. i should have waited for the level to show failure before buying MES short. i bailed quick for only a small loss.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is what I still need to really work on.

I thought I had set it at just about the point where it would have failed that support, but I guess I put it just a little too high. I can't see the levels as easily as you guys can.

Just 15 cents lower on the stop would have saved me.
Spoony Love
AG
Yo, you're doing great with those moves. Don't get frustrated and keep working levels.
The Pilot
AG
The leveraged play gets dicey, nice job making it work but don't get greedy. I made good money with TVIX (rip) and then lost about 1/3 in a few days bc of stupid moves.
Spoony Love
AG
What do we think of SPY reaching for 396 again? It has rejected those levels several times now.
BrokeAssAggie
did not think we would rip for 3 days straight...
irish pete ag06
AG
Me neither. You can thank me for this with that heavy put bet.

Feels like it may need to fill the gap to 400, then back down we go.
Spoony Love
AG
Yeah, it seems fishy to me. I think we are about to see a fall after these earnings that is going to hurt a lot of folks.

We keep getting economic data indicating a recession coming. Once it's confirmed is when I think we will see a falling due to confidence in the market. These days ripping are the last bits of hope in the market IMO.

Wholesale prices came out today and still increasing, layoffs keep being reported, and just look at the drop in mortgage applications. It's coming, and I'm betting soon. The WH is not smart enough to manipulate the data sufficiently to avoid reporting a recession.

Hitting the gap up to 400 would be a good start to a downward trend.
irish pete ag06
AG
TSLA was smart enough to manipulate their cash.
sts7049
AG
your analysis is too emotional. trying to predict where you think it should go isn't going to work.
sts7049
AG
for example, this is what i see on the daily for MES. between ~4000 and 3800ish is chop, filling out the triangle. these last couple days green still isnt anything that significant.

but this pattern will break one way or another eventually...

Spoony Love
AG
I agree with emotion angle for sure. Trying to keep a clear head and manage expectations.
Brewmaster
AG
this is just July doing July things gents... seasonality don't give a damn about low volume:

I saw the news that Biden has Covid. They pulled it back a bit on that news, loaded up retail shorts, then ripped it. Dirty! We may get 4000 soon.

Jet Black
Brewmaster
AG
yeah I don't disagree with you, but listen to STS. I rarely pay attention to any of the news anymore and outside of yesterday, I'm doing tons better - just playing levels and scalping mostly.

side note, approaching premarket high. edit: broke it hard!

Brewmaster
AG
up yours market makers! made up for yesterday and then some!

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Farmer
Thoughts on T earnings?
Beat, down 7%
Ouch
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man do I wish I had those 250 shares of TQQQ back.

So what would y'all see as a good entry for SQQQ right now? Or is it a bad idea at this point? It looks like QQQ just broke through a channel so the rally might continue...
sts7049
AG
4020ish is a big level, so if we're heading there now i wouldn't do anything until you see how it reacts there. seems likely to have some pullback around there.
59 South
AG
AgEng06 said:

sts7049 said:

who are you?

Right? I thought trading tips and beer ads were 59South's game.

Bullish trend set up, don't fight it. Maybe bear market rally, maybe not. Maybe bottom in, maybe not. Lots to be made either way here with swings and selling premium. No time for this middle aged lad to take advantage.

West Africa's finest this week.

GreasenUSA
AG
Seeing many folks trying to find shorts over the last few days. Friends, we just closed over the 50 day moving average for the first time in 3.5 months earlier this week. I get it, we had to run a long way to get there, so it's natural to think a pullback should occur. But in cases like this (on this side of the 50 day moving average), the easier trades are going to be buying dips instead of trying to time shorts.
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

AgEng06 said:

sts7049 said:

who are you?

Right? I thought trading tips and beer ads were 59South's game.

Bullish trend set up, don't fight it. Maybe bear market rally, maybe not. Maybe bottom in, maybe not. Lots to be made either way here with swings and selling premium. No time for this middle aged lad to take advantage.

West Africa's finest this week.

Is it any good? I wasn't impressed with the Portuguese beers
irish pete ag06
AG
I've started a small position in SQQQ in my Roth. I'm gonna add to 400 on SPY little bits here and there.

If we move hard past 400, I'll cut it loose.
irish pete ag06
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Seeing many folks trying to find shorts over the last few days. Friends, we just closed over the 50 day moving average for the first time in 3.5 months earlier this week. I get it, we had to run a long way to get there, so it's natural to think a pullback should occur. But in cases like this (on this side of the 50 day moving average), the easier trades are going to be buying dips instead of trying to time shorts.
Yeah, that's me.
GreasenUSA
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Yeah, that's me.
Yeah, I get cute and try to outsmart the market all the time. I've paid dearly for it, and I'm sure I will continue to pay for it. But sometimes, it really is that simple.
irish pete ag06
AG
I know my blow up 2 days ago is old news, but that's what was so frustrating after the fact.

Every fiber of my brain was telling me the bulls had control... the movement over the 50 day was a big part of it. But my emotion over ruled it.
ProgN
GreasenUSA said:

No one KNOWS if this is a bear market rally or a definite reversal, but charts are becoming more bullish. Just because you 'believe' it's gone to far, doesn't make it so. Just don't fight a trend, especially if you lost buying calls on the way down because 'it can't go any lower'. JMO
irish pete ag06
AG
Yes it's a 1 minute chart but tyhat was a half a million volume bar testing out the demand zone. Going there again now.

irish pete ag06
AG

demand zone reconfirmed
59 South
AG
Actually pretty decent. Never had a Portuguese beer but the wine is very underrated
Diggity
AG
would have to think it's very similar to Spanish
Heineken-Ashi
Portuguese is a language of romance. We like that.

As long as we avoid Red Stripe in the context of the market, we're a-ok.
BaylorSpineGuy
I highly don't recommend Wadadli. It's the national beer of Antigua (went there in Med school and again for honeymoon). It tastes like Miller Lite.

Had some good beers when I lived in Michigan. I remember a peanut butter and raspberry beer that was just right!
First Page Last Page
Page 5568 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.