Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,366 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice!
with a bigger account, you can really rake just scalping small wins. Keep it up!
Bnels1323
AG
Hey guys, I have a question. I am too young to remember how 2008 and the previous infamous crashes commenced. If we run into what seems to be an inevitable market downturn, do y'all envision a consistently gradual negative market or do y'all see a day of historic losses? thanks
BrokeAssAggie
Well done. I was up, then acted like a dumb ass and chased the ask, now down for the day. I need to stick to my rules. Kills me every time. I'm the the dog that comes back to his vomit.
BaylorSpineGuy
Bob, you referenced max pain yesterday at 384? How do you calculate this? Where do u see a total sum of all options premium/delta, etc? Curious how you came up with that number.
Brewmaster
AG
since about 10:50 central... bullish, if this holds up. Yes I know, 1 minute chart, meh. but sometimes it helps me something I don't see otherwise (scalping)

irish pete ag06
AG
I've used this website.

https://maximum-pain.com/options

BrokeAssAggie
VIX bounces off $24.50 here we will get another leg up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If UPRO can hit $37 I'll hit my next limit and finish a hell of a day.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Bob, you referenced max pain yesterday at 384? How do you calculate this? Where do u see a total sum of all options premium/delta, etc? Curious how you came up with that number.

The link Pete posted seems to be the best. There's also a max pain calculator on sw****stocks.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The range on the intraday 5-min BB for SPX is almost down to $10. That's tight! I think we need Prog to loosen it up for us?
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Well done. I was up, then acted like a dumb ass and chased the ask, now down for the day. I need to stick to my rules. Kills me every time. I'm the the dog that comes back to his vomit.

How I picture Brokeass during market hours.
ProgN
Bnels1323 said:

Hey guys, I have a question. I am too young to remember how 2008 and the previous infamous crashes commenced. If we run into what seems to be an inevitable market downturn, do y'all envision a consistently gradual negative market or do y'all see a day of historic losses? thanks
We've been in a gradual negative market since 11/21. I think we're close to a bottom and most of the pain is over.
BrokeAssAggie
It's true. My wife always tells me I'm too impulsive..
zebros_95
AG
Prog...quick we need some rally ass!
Bonfire1996
AG
ProgN said:

Bnels1323 said:

We've been in a gradual negative market since 11/21. I think we're close to a bottom and most of the pain is over.

Bottom is either in or it hits around Labor Day. Buying now is good.
59 South
AG
Y'all think 3850 is a big level?!?
ProgN
zebros_95 said:

Prog...quick we need some rally ass!

irish pete ag06
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Bro I feel ya. The day I got "squirreled" away from my computer. It was the last Friday seniors had to be at school plus I was leaving the industry so I had a big group come by and want to say farewell and hug it out, etc…

Came back to my computer and was down like 20% on too big of a position size… so what did I do… literally doubled down and it cracked further. Bam. Account nearly cut in half in about 30 min. This was also 0 DTE.
59 South
AG
Mercy Prog
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

5 kids and a map to track your taps, I can't see how anyone would assume that you're impulsive.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AAPL and TSLA, the two mega caps I identified as above max pain, are both down from their opening prices while SPX and QQQ are above. I still see a chance that we were propped up to burn shorts for OPEX and will drop for the inflation and potential rate hike increases. If so I think that starts in the next 15-30 minutes.
Brewmaster
AG
wow, those are gaps that need filling!

lol
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

wow, those are gaps that need filling!

lol
Right click, save.
BrokeAssAggie
VIX LOD. We going to rip the last 30 minutes?
Heineken-Ashi
Red finish today?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something I've been wondering about -- does the cost basis method affect good faith violations?

Example -- if I owned 200 shares of TQQQ and purchased 200 more yesterday, can I use the LIFO method (aka selling the shares I just purchased) to sell 200 shares today, as long as the other 200 shares remain in the account until the settlement date?

Or would I have to actually switch to FIFO so that only the original 200 shares get sold?
Txducker
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Something I've been wondering about -- does the cost basis method affect good faith violations?

Example -- if I owned 200 shares of TQQQ and purchased 200 more yesterday, can I use the LIFO method (aka selling the shares I just purchased) to sell 200 shares today, as long as the other 200 shares remain in the account until the settlement date?

Or would I have to actually switch to FIFO so that only the original 200 shares get sold?
No. Settlement dates are based on when the shares are sold. One day for options and two days for stocks. Your account balance should show your settled cash position and that is the amount you can trade. I learned that lesson the hard way two years ago. My account got restricted for a couple of months (I think I had 3 violations). Cash account and no margin.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Rally ass engaged! We be ripping.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Negative ghost rider. The pattern is full.
Txducker
AG
volume and action getting crazy on qqq
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought a few TSLA puts for next Friday.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I got out of those. We are ripping after all.
BrokeAssAggie
pretty bullish close..
ProgN
Bob Knights Liver said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Negative ghost rider. The pattern is full.

You doubted the power of the "Rally Ass Women"?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

July:

Getting a little better at taking quicker and smaller profits. Had to re-train my brain from my standard long-term investing.

Couple more filled at the close.

Let go of a huge chunk of TQQQ on my Roth that had been red for a while and finally went green.

Still got my cheapest 200 shares in from yesterday's dip. (Currently +9.6%)

And started skimming UPRO in my Brokerage.
First Page Last Page
Page 5559 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.