Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,000 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
owning people on the internet... serious business
ProgN
Does anyone have a link that tracks how many trillions of wealth that has been wiped our since Jan 1 of this year?
sts7049
AG
TecRecAg
AG
I can just send you some links to some government officials twitter pages. Same thing, right?
Spoony Love
AG
Bulls having a hard time breaking 3775 at the moment but we are only 30 min in.
texagbeliever
O&G reversed in the past 5 minutes. That might have been propping SPX above 3775.
ProgN

ProgN
TecRecAg said:

I can just send you some links to some government officials twitter pages. Same thing, right?
Perfect, thank you.

I'd like that info for a friend of mine.
texagbeliever
GOOG looks like it has room to run up. AAPL looks like it had trouble and might be rejected at 145.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm looking for SPY 374. That's the top of a down trend I've been watching. SPY has broken above it just this once since 6/8. If this gets back in that channel, we have lower lows coming.
wanderer
ProgN said:

Does anyone have a link that tracks how many trillions of wealth that has been wiped our since Jan 1 of this year?
I keep hearing people refer to values of wealth being wiped away but I don't really get that. For every dollar lost (by someone going long) in the market there is a dollar gained (by shorts) and vise versa. Where is the wealth being lost?

If you want to refer to market caps of companies being lost I get that, but I'm not understanding where the wealth is being lost.
ProgN
Yeah, it's really just a huge wealth transfer from small investors (IRAs, 401Ks, mutual funds) from the middle class to the Blackrocks of the world. I'm looking at it from the that perspective.
BaylorSpineGuy
The only irony is that most of the last 15 yrs have been that. With 0% interest rates. It's only created more inequality. Not the Fed's problem but it will be the government's!
texagbeliever
JPM is close to a new LOD and with that a new low for the past 3 months easily. They have earnings before market opens on Thursday.
jj9000
AG
Really surprised we're hovering around -1% on S&P. Logic suggests tanking. 9.1% wasn't priced in. I'm not buying it.
texagbeliever
jj9000 said:

Really surprised we're hovering around -1% on S&P. Logic suggests tanking. 9.1% wasn't priced in. I'm not buying it.
I have a trendline from 3/29 & 4/19 close on SPX. SPX rejected on the 3 min that line (it was around 3790). I think it is setup for a fall.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I hope you covered your shorts, everyone. I made a bit cycling TSLA calls. 3 winners and 1 loser. Enough to call it a day for now. The loser was one I shouldn't have gotten into in the first place after looking at my 5-minute chart. Oh well, live and learn.
Spoony Love
AG
jj9000 said:

Here's you're problem, it's mine as well. Everything points to a flush, but still hovering around the premarket gap down.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

jj9000 said:

Here's you're problem, it's mine as well. Everything points to a flush, but still hovering around the premarket gap down.
yep, may rip first and bury all the shorts, then when least expected they'll rug pull.
TecRecAg
AG
Is anyone still following MTTR? Down at this $3.75 level I'm thinking about taking a big chunk. Would be a long term hold of course.
Jet Black
Amazing manipulation
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't quite hit my big orders but glad I made some smaller buys in pre-market.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Spoony Love said:

I'm looking for SPY 374. That's the top of a down trend I've been watching. SPY has broken above it just this once since 6/8. If this gets back in that channel, we have lower lows coming.

Looks like she served as support
sts7049
AG
yeah i made a nice 70% on some calls riding TSLA from 680 to 705ish
Jet Black
Nasdaq green. Makes sense.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

damn son!

Brewmaster
AG
AAPL, if it can hold this trendline, could get back near yesterday's highs.

edit: bounced nicely so far

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sold today's UPRO for a quick 4% profit in Roth. Ready to jump back in if it poops again.
mc_shipman
Sold my $Spy puts this morning on the CPI news dump fully expecting to leave some money on the table, but, apparently, I should have bought some calls.
BaylorSpineGuy
Apparently people don't think the fun is done yet for the day. SPX 3700P expiring this afternoon has 25K vol 6.5K OI.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I got popped going in big on TSLA calls for a scalp. It looked bullish AF and QQQ did as well. The SPX chart looked like it would support another move up through the top of the channel, but then we pushed down pretty quickly. Still green for the day, but that one stung.
Golf1
AG
I think my new trading strategy will be anytime Tesla is in the $600s then you buy every dip possible.
BDJ_AG
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

9%

BrokeAssAggie
sts7049
AG
i'm going in on some TSLA 750Cs. ready for an afternoon scalp
First Page Last Page
Page 5553 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.