Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,615 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Happygilmore20
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
59 South commented a few weeks ago that none of his friends in Britain felt like the lockdown in Shanghai was legit….he said they did it to crush oil demand.

Wouldn't that make sense?! Buy it on the cheap and let it run to crazy high levels before invading. I had that thought a few days ago but maybe it's coming true!
BaylorSpineGuy
If this follows through, find charts with gaps below and load puts. Those gaps will close!!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Since China bought Smithfield Farms (largest pork producer) I always wondered what would happen if they had a famine or we (China vs US) went to war, where would that pork go. Some have told me in wartime it would be classed as "critical" to national security and we would take it over. That was years ago. Today, these nitwits in office just might say, "Hey you can't China's pork as a national security issue because China owns the company". I can see a Democrat siding with China. Further, I don't know who the brain trust is that has declared China as hoarding/storing a huge percentage of the world's grain,....hell, we/U.S. has never had a good read on China regarding what they have or don't have. Don't trust China and never did.
XXXVII
Ragoo said:

We probably rally next week then dump in June when QT starts back up. I think we will capitulate through September then rally. By then the fed is fully ramped on QT so all of the fed info will be known.

Can you explain QT to me and why it would cause a dump?

Ragoo
AG
Reduce the money supply
BaylorSpineGuy
Just spoke to a friend of mine. Chinese physician at my hospital.

He says he doesn't believe China will invade this year. He says 2025. He says this is election year in China and they are now very worried about how the situation is unfolding in Ukraine.

He says they use many Russian weapons and are concerned about how they have performed in Ukraine.

No idea if he's right but figure it's worth hearing two sides when some Twitter rando comes out and says China is preparing for war and no one else is discussing it (not in news media or Bloomberg).

Have a good weekend everyone!
OKC~Ag
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Just spoke to a friend of mine. Chinese physician at my hospital.

He says he doesn't believe China will invade this year. He says 2025. He says this is election year in China and they are now very worried about how the situation is unfolding in Ukraine.

He says they use many Russian weapons and are concerned about how they have performed in Ukraine.

No idea if he's right but figure it's worth hearing two sides when some Twitter rando comes out and says China is preparing for war and no one else is discussing it (not in news media or Bloomberg).

Have a good weekend everyone!
your Chinese friend is off

China wants Taiwan, the land, and the people for sure but what they really lust after is the TMSC...TMSC bakes the most state of art chips.

China knows that you just can't invade Taiwan and hopes to keep TMSC...If there is any disturbance in Taiwan,
tech talent that runs the TMSC will just disappear from Taiwan and reappear likely in the USA.

Repercussion from the Invasion of Taiwan will be severe and swift likey worldwide and certainly ruin their export-oriented economy.

This is a conundrum China can't solve-How to grab Taiwan and keep functional TMSC and keep their economy.

PS, if China really did invade Taiwan, the biggest winner will be...intel
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What a day. I bought an xsp 389c a bit after 10 this morning for 1.15 then didn't pay attention most of the day until almost close. It settled at 1.14 lol
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hit my final buy order for TQQQ ($27). Out of all cash and pretty much just have my long positions now.

And now we wait...

So i guess you ended the day green?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
China has zero interest in fighting us. They play the long game.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
irish pete ag06
AG
Thanks. Yeah working on my trading rules this weekend. 0DTE are out.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I trade 0 DTE, but carefully. I don't recommend it.
BaylorSpineGuy
Just a word on monkey pox. Spoke to an ID colleague yesterday morning. He says at this time not too much to concern.

This does not appear to have significant airborne or droplet spread. Mostly xfer'd by bodily fluids.

This headline may be buried but he told me that all cases in western world so far are all men. Appears to be all homosexual men or possibly with IV drug use.

He thinks it's likely to behave like Ebola or HIV.

That being said, I'm sure MRNA stock will rocket when they front run this one too.
gougler08
AG
Thanks for confirming…seems CDC is just trying to drive fear again
BaylorSpineGuy
Yeah but let's all keep our eye on options chains….perhaps someone can look up the attractive monkey pox biopharm companies.

Also, can someone please keep eye on options chain/vol/OI for a company CAE? This one could move sometime in next few months and may be a good, profitable opportunity.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ragoo said:

Weird week. Up, down, up, down, the took a big swing on the QQQ 285c for Monday. Bought 25 contracts at $2.06. Sold 10 at $3.19, 5 at $3.69, and final 10 at $4.14. Didn't hit the top but made back plus some for the week. Also I didn't want to hold over the weekend.

Dude, great trade(s)!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
If we open big green Monday I'll grab some spy put spreads down to 375ish. This "recovery" ending green on the daily is a great way to lure retail fomo money in for another crush
gougler08
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Yeah but let's all keep our eye on options chains….perhaps someone can look up the attractive monkey pox biopharm companies.

Also, can someone please keep eye on options chain/vol/OI for a company CAE? This one could move sometime in next few months and may be a good, profitable opportunity.

My portfolio got too bio slanted last year and has suffered so I'll let you guys chase monkeypox
irish pete ag06
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I trade 0 DTE, but carefully. I don't recommend it.
I had had a lot of success with 0 DTE lately. I have a rule not to average down on them. Cut them and re-enter is the way I'm supposed to handle it. I heartily broke that rule of mine and that's why my plankton ass got smoked.
ProgN

Who else is going to the movies next weekend?
Ragoo
AG
The movie theatre is my least favorite place anywhere. Next to theme parks - and I have a week at Disney beginning next Sunday.
JCRiley09
AG
I had zero interest in that movie until I saw a preview before Dr Strange. Hard not to be hyped about jets, murica, and nostalgia on the big screen.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Counterpoint: Tom Cruise.
irish pete ag06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Counterpoint: Tom Cruise.
Premium
AG
ProgN said:

Who else is going to the movies next weekend?

Had not known this was coming out - I'll defiantly watch. Looks amazing on several different levels.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I was hyped until the whole fiasco with removing the Taiwan flag. Not going to pay to see it out of protest.

If you're gonna make an American military movie, don't bend the knee and edit out a Pacific ally so it can be aired in the CCP.
XXXVII
PWestAg18 said:

I was hyped until the whole fiasco with removing the Taiwan flag. Not going to pay to see it out of protest.

If you're gonna make an American military movie, don't bend the knee and edit out a Pacific ally so it can be aired in the CCP.

I will be shorting Paramount.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
XXXVII said:

PWestAg18 said:

Warren Buffet just took a position in Paramount. Not that I care what Warren does, but some do. He has more money and fame than I do, but I'm just mentioning this for informational purposes only. I own WBD,...so eff him.
irish pete ag06
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

XXXVII said:

PWestAg18 said:

Warren Buffet just took a position in Paramount. Not that I care what Warren does, but some do. He has more money and fame than I do, but I'm just mentioning this for informational purposes only. I own WBD,...so eff him.

They are going all in on soccer. Makes me think that's the reason Buffet may have invested.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Story for you guys, re: Tom Cruise. In a prior job, I ended up working with a venture capitalist that was the same religion as Tom and knew him personally because he was a big donor to the cause. I'm intentionally not writing down what it is because those people can be psychos. Anyway, I asked the VC what Tom was like. He described him as an intense, obsessive creep, a primadonna, and as a stupid person that also made occasionally brilliant decisions. He described these antics like having a full blown melt down if someone got the wrong brand of bottled water and having an incredibly fragile ego that anything could set off.

As for people of that persuasion, they have a belief that anyone of their belief set is smarter than anyone who is not. Literally to the point that you're an uncultured savage. I avoid them at all costs now.
XXXVII
You gotta watch out for them scientologists man.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I've known and worked with other scientologist that I got along with just fine. So it's not even that. I just think Tom comes off as a snarky elitist with major LMS.
JCRiley09
AG
Damn y'all immediately name dropped the religion after 30k clearly avoided it
FJ43
I want to see the movie because I loved the original. Classic that will always be something to rewatch. However I've had a very hard time supporting Hollywood for a few years now seeing any movie. Torn whether I'll see it or not.

I get to vote two ways. Ballot box and safety deposit box.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

No hiking today.

Blackhorse Brewery
Maryville, TN

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 5449 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.