Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,085 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Official bear market now..

sts7049
AG
have you looked at the rest of the market?
texagbeliever
my gut is thinking reverse here. No real reason why. If we can hold 284 that would be nice.
TecRecAg
AG
SPY $350 lets get it over with already.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Well now I'm getting interested again….
Another fifty to go…
Standing by for a Friday flush….
Tumble Weed
Bought some SARK. Inverse of ARK.
Premium
AG
sts7049 said:

have you looked at the rest of the market?

But Tesla specifically, today. Most of these things below should be priced in already.

Is it the $250K payoff for "sexual harassment"
Is it China? Sold 98% less in China because their extreme lockdowns.
Is it Chip shortage?
Is it the biggest bull on Tesla downgraded to $1,000 target from $1,400?
texagbeliever
Is it political based on Musk's attacks on twitter & progressives? Most likely yes.
J.P. 03
AG
Confession time: it's because I decided to make TSLA calls my Friday lotto play. See those green candles right before 9:30? I thought we were on our way to reclaiming 690 so I chose to front-run a trade instead of waiting for confirmation, and you can see what happened after that. I wish I had enough money in my account to make it up to you.
sts7049
AG
explain how you think this is a specific cause when SPX is down about 100 points today. about the only thing green is VIX
texagbeliever
sts7049 said:

explain how you think this is a specific cause when SPX is down about 100 points today. about the only thing green is VIX
Well TSLA sell off would also bring the market down. So explain how TSLA going down isn't bringing everything else down.

It is all speculation. Since the TSLA stock price is directly tied to Musk's ability to purchase TWTR it very well could be institutional financial warfare. Absent another economic factor related to the business that is the most rational explanation. Again maybe the street knows something else.

Also further proof of economic war being played is how TSLA was removed from ESG list while EXXON is in the top 10.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
7 down weeks in a row. I believe 8 is the record.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
texagbeliever
Calm before the next move. Let's see if 384 holds as the launch pad. Nope bleeding continues. 381.5 i guess is next
Tumble Weed
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Joe likes setting records
Ag CPA
AG
texagbeliever said:

sts7049 said:

Well TSLA sell off would also bring the market down. So explain how TSLA going down isn't bringing everything else down.

It is all speculation. Since the TSLA stock price is directly tied to Musk's ability to purchase TWTR it very well could be institutional financial warfare. Absent another economic factor related to the business that is the most rational explanation. Again maybe the street knows something else.

Also further proof of economic war being played is how TSLA was removed from ESG list while EXXON is in the top 10.
Tesla's ridiculous multiple probably has something to do with it.
Brewmaster
AG

bear market incoming
BaylorSpineGuy
38% gainer on those JPM puts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I tend to think they won't want to pay all these puts and will bounce some.
irish pete ag06
AG
I debated on posting this one of course haha. Like I said. Full disclosure. Now like I also said this is plankton sized so I'm not gaining or losing life changing $ here (thankfully).

5 steps forward 10 steps back.

Had puts that would have went 1000% but I got stopped out. Flipped to calls. Averaged down. Real job pulled me away suddenly. Came back down pretty bad. Should have cut but didn't. Averaged down. Ended up cutting for a huge loss. Basically broke about 50% of my rules on position size and averaging down. This was QQQ 0DTE.

Dumbest **** I've done in a long time.

Anyways, I'm not out. I will keep trading. And once again this is why I keep my trading account plankton sized.
StonewallAggieDEFENSE
I might start nibbling at 3360.
texagbeliever
Careful, AAPL is showing 0 strength. Want to see 135 before maybe think reversal.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BrokeAssAggie said:

Official bear market now..

I'm not Walter Bloomberg, but I'll say it's a big "Nope". We'll agree to disagree.
aggiedaniel06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

We have been building something really cool and will share it with y'all pretty soon.

The last few years has shown that an increasing amount of retail prefer to self manage their portfolios as opposed to handing it over to a professional money manager. (Blame the easy monetary policy ) However, they use mostly TA or some Fundamental Analysis as their guide.

So, we have built this platform that gives you access to various tools regarding moneyflows, sector rotation, volatility metrics & options positioning, that would typically only be available to an institution, which would help you generate alpha. Along with these tools, the vision is to provide a guided process by on how to use them to generate alpha and self manage your portfolio as a professional money manager would.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

We are almost ready to unveil this service and are planning to demo it on Sunday, May 22 at 2pm CST.

So far I have 4 folks who responded to my post and stated that they are interested, but there were a lot more that have starred it. If you would like to attend the demo, you'll have to DM me as each user will receive a unique invitation link.

Once again, it is discord based and you can download the free app on your PC or mobile.

Hello, I have sent an invite out to everyone that reached out to me. In case I missed someone or if anyone else is interested, please DM me, and I'll get you one.
texagbeliever
Would it be possible to see some sample screen shots of the information?
spud1910
AG
Thank you.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I really do think this will recover some intra-day. the selling has been too controlled.
Jet Black
Vix going to $40?
sts7049
AG
sts7049 said:

in three trades today of NIO i made up for an awful week and am back in the black for the year.

17P .19 to .37 (+6300)
17P .19 to .36 (+800)
16P .05 to .06 (+500)

i think i'm done for today
if i had held onto these longer, i would have made almost 10x the amount here
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Have to leave. I went long more XOM at $90.55. Give it hell boys, it's your only chance on earth.
LMCane
texagbeliever said:

NVDA is one to keep an eye on. Earnings next week. Semiconductor. recent low close was 160. High of 289 back 3/29.

Wait as it looks like AAPL & MSFT are seeing if they hold a squeeze break down.
my NVDA is down like 28% from my cost basis over the last 6 months
jwhitlock3
irish pete ag06 said:

I debated on posting this one of course haha. Like I said. Full disclosure. Now like I also said this is plankton sized so I'm not gaining or losing life changing $ here (thankfully).

5 steps forward 10 steps back.

Had puts that would have went 1000% but I got stopped out. Flipped to calls. Averaged down. Real job pulled me away suddenly. Came back down pretty bad. Should have cut but didn't. Averaged down. Ended up cutting for a huge loss. Basically broke about 50% of my rules on position size and averaging down. This was QQQ 0DTE.

Dumbest **** I've done in a long time.

Anyways, I'm not out. I will keep trading. And once again this is why I keep my trading account plankton sized.

Here's an exercise I've found to be helpful. Go back and look at the same strike but instead of a 5/20 expiration, look at 5/25 (if it's an index) or 5/27 and you'll see that it would have cost you more money to buy, but likely resulted in a smaller loss still plus been more stable.

I've learned that playing the 0dte you're just begging to be burned and going out a week sets you up much better for success. If you're going to play the 0dte you need to be willing to cut very fast. I normally set a stop using 1 or 2 five minute candles back, otherwise they turn against you insanely fast.

I've been 5 steps forward and 10 back as well but the key is to make less stupid trades day to day and you'll improve. You got this.
HoustonAg2014
AG
I just bought $3 Fubo calls for June 10th @0.39.

Probably a loser but if we get any kind of rally maybe they pay…
BrokeAssAggie
really could use some rally ass. $378 my next level on SPY
LMCane
BREwmaster said:

bear market incoming
I'm pretty positive 7 straight down weeks is the record since 2001.

Dow is on pace for longest weekly losing streak since 1923
BrokeAssAggie
First Page Last Page
Page 5445 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.