Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,033,122 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Happygilmore20
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bob Knights Liver said:

No, I think we go now.

I still think we get the lower 5-min BB touch on SPX and then we bounce. 4011.85 right now.
TecRecAg
AG
For those in Uber... I'm willing to bet CEO is faced with the opposite reality.

https://www-businessinsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.businessinsider.com/uber-ceo-dara-khosrowshahi-cutting-costs-hiring-privilege-incentive-spend-2022-5?amp
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Getting tight here. Explosion one way or another. Watch out for a fake one way before the big move.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA just touched the lower BB. Maybe it rallies and leads the close green? Sorry for the stream of consciousness posts.

I just bought 2 TSLA 820C.
ProgN
Housing supply is finally improving, as high prices, rising rates weigh on sales

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/10/housing-market-improves-as-rising-mortgage-rates-weigh-on-sales.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

TSLA just touched the lower BB. Maybe it rallies and leads the close green? Sorry for the stream of consciousness posts.

I just bought 2 TSLA 820C.

I switched and bought puts when we hit lower BBs on SPX, QQQ and TSLA and didn't bounce for a couple 5-min candles.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Will we really end SPX and TSLA at yesterday's closes? I'm out of those puts. Had a decent afternoon after a ****ty morning.
La Bamba
AG
Rough last two hours for the old mercado. One nice squeeze after the 394 panic but can't hold crap.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We may still see green fireworks here at the close. I'm out though, just watching.
Triple_Bagger
CPI premarket tomorrow. Will we finally get a month with flat or negative inflation growth?
TecRecAg
AG
MTTR rocket in to earnings.
Philip J Fry
AG
How does SQQQ work? It's at 53.5 today, but if I look at 2010, it was at 400K. No way it was actually at that price back then...
ProgN
$U just got destroyed
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
reloaded TQQQ
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Triple_Bagger
Philip J Fry said:

How does SQQQ work? It's at 53.5 today, but if I look at 2010, it was at 400K. No way it was actually at that price back then...
That price is likely adjusted for the multiple reverse splits it has gone through. These triple leveraged short ETFs all go to zero eventually, so they have to do reverse splits on a regular basis.
gougler08
AG
ProgN said:

$U just got destroyed
UPST and U owner here, might as well just not look at my account for a while
Brewmaster
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

CPI premarket tomorrow. Will we finally get a month with flat or negative inflation growth?
I bet the numbers will be garbage and the market will rip off the news, multi day squeeze rip (relief rally). Then don't be long come next Monday morning!
Triple_Bagger
BREwmaster said:

Triple_Bagger said:

I bet the numbers will be garbage and the market will rip off the news, multi day squeeze rip (relief rally). Then don't be long come next Monday morning!
What's next Monday?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
La Bamba
AG
8.5% seems to be the number to be below for a market rip, which I think was March's reading. A number below that would suggest CPI has potentially topped. We'll see…big number tomorrow.
Brewmaster
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

BREwmaster said:

Triple_Bagger said:

What's next Monday?
nothing I know of, but it'd be the end of a big 3 day relief rally. Mondays are pretty popular for gap downs though if the bears want to ruin the party (assuming we rally tomorrow or soon).
Triple_Bagger
BREwmaster said:

Triple_Bagger said:

BREwmaster said:

Triple_Bagger said:

What's next Monday?
nothing I know of, but it'd be the end of a big 3 day relief rally. Mondays are pretty popular for gap downs though if the bears want to ruin the party (assuming we rally tomorrow or soon).
We'll see. I think it all depends on interest rates. We hit the 2018 highs on Friday and rates have retreated since then. I still have my doubts that the fed with follow through with 50bps rate hikes at the next 2 meetings.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Triple_Bagger said:

I still have my doubts that the fed with follow through with 50bps rate hikes at the next 2 meetings.

I agree with that. I think they hope the hawkish posturing and the first 50bps hike is enough to at least keep inflation from climbing further. I think they'll step back a bit over the summer to help the market bounce before mid term campaigns get into full speed.
Ag CPA
AG
Waller is saying otherwise:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/10/feds-waller-promises-to-tackle-inflation-says-mistakes-of-the-70s-wont-be-repeated.html
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't know what I'm doing, but today seemed weak af, particularly this afternoon's failed attempts to rally. What makes y'all think this wasn't just an inside day before we move lower?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
They might stick to their guns, but it wouldn't surprise me for them to talk big and then relent a little on one or both of the next two planned rate hikes.
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

Is that some bear flagging on SPY?
It's been bear flagging for weeks.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FrioAg 00
AG
Yup, they are trying to walk a fine line : just get inflation to stop rising and yet hold off the valuation crash until after midterms.

Then they'll blame the crash on the markets reaction to the votes. I've seen this show before.
FJ43
Carioca Corredor said:

FJ43 said:

Carioca Corredor said:

The aviation industry is placing a new company on NYSE via SPAC through Zanite corp.
EVE is mostly backed by Brasilian company Embraer amongst others. Eve is an upward mobility people transporter. Heard last year customers could be the Ubers of the world. Has some solid board members.

https://eveairmobility.com/eve-an-embraer-company-to-list-on-nyse-through-business-combination-with-zanite-acquisition-corp/

I'll keep an ear out on this one. Had my BD group do a deep dive into this sector in 2019-2020. There are a few well known names not named Embraer that are pretty far along in the space.
Had to get stars to respond.

It'll be interesting to see who gets to market first with all regulatory approvals. Globally, that's a big hurdle. IMO, that's why the Board makeup is critical for these companies in this stage of dev.. They have to guide and maneuver through govt's, reg agencies, etc in multiple countries in addition to ops.
The likes of Uber, Lyft, etc are behind part of the demand forecast. Boeing, Airbus, etc are ahead of the curve at the moment.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Engine10
AG
$CVNA laying off 12%. Prob more downside to come there. What a wild ride
FTAG 2000
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Yup, they are trying to walk a fine line : just get inflation to stop rising and yet hold off the valuation crash until after midterms.

Then they'll blame the crash on the markets reaction to the votes. I've seen this show before.

That and blame it on GOP in control. When we are in a full blown recession for next two years it will be all GOP's fault all the time.
Engine10
AG
$COIN with… not encouraging news. Yowza

Bob Knights Paper Hands
In fairness they do this both ways, but yes the media will blame a market crash on Republicans if we have a big move down after the elections.
Spoony Love
AG
FJ43 said:

Spoony Love said:

Is that some bear flagging on SPY?
It's been bear flagging for weeks.

So…yes? Lol
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ok - I think we are going to rally off of CPI if it's a good print. We are due a bounce to generate liquidity. I think there will be a super puke sometime soon. I mean 3500 or lower super puke.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 5395 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.