Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,780 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
push up coming, IMO
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You can use imgur.com
Change your phone browser settings to "use desktop site", upload your picture then click on the picture to open it in a new tab. The url should end in .jpg. copy that url and paste in your post here. Boom
BrokeAssAggie
TecRecAg
AG
Going to be away for a few days fellas. Found out one of my customers passed away on Saturday that I was close with. If any of you work for Halliburton, you probably know who I'm talking about.

Happy trading.
Carioca Corredor
AG
FJ43 said:

Carioca Corredor said:

The aviation industry is placing a new company on NYSE via SPAC through Zanite corp.
EVE is mostly backed by Brasilian company Embraer amongst others. Eve is an upward mobility people transporter. Heard last year customers could be the Ubers of the world. Has some solid board members.

https://eveairmobility.com/eve-an-embraer-company-to-list-on-nyse-through-business-combination-with-zanite-acquisition-corp/

I'll keep an ear out on this one. Had my BD group do a deep dive into this sector in 2019-2020. There are a few well known names not named Embraer that are pretty far along in the space.
Had to get stars to respond.

It'll be interesting to see who gets to market first with all regulatory approvals. Globally, that's a big hurdle. IMO, that's why the Board makeup is critical for these companies in this stage of dev.. They have to guide and maneuver through govt's, reg agencies, etc in multiple countries in addition to ops.
BrokeAssAggie
bouncing off the LOD
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

bouncing off the LOD
just blew past it..
FTAG 2000
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

It's all Trump and Putin's fault.

Mean GOP won't do anything to help you all even though the Dems control Congress and the WH, they are too focused on abortion and destruction of women's rights to worry about economy.

We've got a great new build back better bill with trillions to help the poor working people of America that will totally solve inflation if they'd just let us pass it.
McInnis 03
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

McInnis 03 said:

This market is humbling many these past several weeks. What's gone low will likely go lower. I don't think inflation is done by any measure. I work in the pump industry and every single major manufacturer is STILL rolling out price increases, some next week at 11%. This affects every product that is made or handled. PERIOD.

If you're not playing the short side you're trying to catch razors IMO. On we go.

This is specifically about retirement accounts. I'm going to play dumb for a moment, humor me.

I'm fully in the camp that we have much lower to go for all the same headwinds we've all discussed.

The question is, sell out, take the L, and go cash, or wait and average down somewhere down the line?

Holding strong companies (GOOG, OXY, AMD, NVDA, MSFT, K, etc.) plus a few home run spec plays (SAVA, NNOX).

Retirement accounts should probably not be playing a short side, they should incrementally be buying quality every 2 weeks or so and if they're not taken by the Gov't before you're 85 (our future retirement age) you'll be fine. *mind the sig
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
LMCane
McInnis 03 said:

This market is humbling many these past several weeks. What's gone low will likely go lower. I don't think inflation is done by any measure. I work in the pump industry and every single major manufacturer is STILL rolling out price increases, some next week at 11%. This affects every product that is made or handled. PERIOD.

If you're not playing the short side you're trying to catch razors IMO. On we go.

I agree with you

but most of the "analysts" are claiming the opposite, that we hit peak inflation last month and now it's time for a soft landing.

saw the numbers for tomorrows projected CPI at .2 and 8.2% (both declines from last month) so that supports the case of those claiming the top for inflation has been in.

we will see in 24 hours.
Chef Elko
AG
CPI isn't actual inflation when they keep moving the goalposts.
LMCane
McInnis 03 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

McInnis 03 said:

This is specifically about retirement accounts. I'm going to play dumb for a moment, humor me.

I'm fully in the camp that we have much lower to go for all the same headwinds we've all discussed.

The question is, sell out, take the L, and go cash, or wait and average down somewhere down the line?

Holding strong companies (GOOG, OXY, AMD, NVDA, MSFT, K, etc.) plus a few home run spec plays (SAVA, NNOX).

Retirement accounts should probably not be playing a short side, they should incrementally be buying quality every 2 weeks or so and if they're not taken by the Gov't before you're 85 (our future retirement age) you'll be fine.

Agree 100%.

Corporate 401K should be about as conservative as possible in bonds, target date retirement funds and mutual funds.

but what's the deal about 85 years of age for retiring?! the average american male's life expectancy has been dropping the last two years since Covid.

"In 2021 for males, the life expectancy at birth was 75.1 a decline of 1.2 years from 2019"
planoaggie123
AG
Just set a stop loss on TTD...about to bow out....only couple hundred loss but i just don't know when it stops dropping...
Ags2013
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Just set a stop loss on TTD...about to bow out....only couple hundred loss but i just don't know when it stops dropping...
FWIW - I'm thinking of switching our digitial media buying from an agency to in-house using The Trade Desk. It's an incredible tool that allows for better read of frequency and reach and helps reduce fragmentation of media buys. My only gripe is that they removed Google properties.

With all that said, I think they are going to have a sustainable advantage moving forward.
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

push up coming, IMO
planoaggie123
AG
I do like the company after reading their financials and some articles...i just am not sure where the bottom is....set a number to stop my 'bleeding' and will consider re-buying lower....should have had a higher stop loss but refuse to take much more loss...
BrokeAssAggie
And we are red
TecRecAg
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Shares or options? If shares.. selling is the only way you are guaranteed to lose money.
Whirligigs
Dump a roonies
Spoony Love
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Pre-Covid levels were under $30. Seems like a lot is headed toward those levels.
planoaggie123
AG
TecRecAg said:

planoaggie123 said:

Shares or options? If shares.. selling is the only way you are guaranteed to lose money.

Shares. Small loss and can offset a few gains I have this year. May look to re-enter lower....
planoaggie123
AG
That is what I am thinking...it could hit low $30s or high $20s the way its going....i can re-enter there...if it doesnt, i just move along. Only had a couple shares...not a big loss but shocking and just a situation to learn from.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
LMCane said:

Corporate 401K should be about as conservative as possible in bonds, target date retirement funds and mutual funds.

This sounds like a great way to make sure you have to work to 85
wanderer
I shudder to think how much worse the indices would look recently if AAPL was puking like all other tech
M4 Benelli
Can The Scourge of Scranton hurry up and mumble already?
FTAG 2000
AG
Ags2013 said:

planoaggie123 said:

FWIW - I'm thinking of switching our digitial media buying from an agency to in-house using The Trade Desk. It's an incredible tool that allows for better read of frequency and reach and helps reduce fragmentation of media buys. My only gripe is that they removed Google properties.

With all that said, I think they are going to have a sustainable advantage moving forward.
Long range (3 year) significant support lines: $40.60 (welp, just touched), then down to $32.70ish, then 29ish. Think we get to all of those.

TecRecAg
AG
I suck at lines but this looks ominous.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Boys i feel like next time we lose 397 will be prime time for selling puts.
The only way i can make 360 work is a 2011-2019 trend line on the weekly. Ignoring covid i have a support line connecting dec 18 and oct 20 that we are tiptoeing around right now but i think it's about to go down. Then on the daily i have a support drawn connecting lows on 6/3/19, 8/5,8,16,26/19, 10/3/19, and 10/30/20 that puts us about 377. I'm going to feel pretty good about buying there

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU freefall...
Spoony Love
AG
Is that some bear flagging on SPY?
irish pete ag06
AG
QQQ is getting walked down in 5 point increments. Must be the FED's limit sell getting moved down.
wanderer
Look at that pretty (or not so pretty) downward channel on SPY this morn.
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
texagbeliever
wanderer said:

Look at that pretty (or not so pretty) downward channel on SPY this morn.

Maybe a breakout of the channel here looking at the 3 mins?
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I think Elon has war gamed this out fully, but I don't doubt for a minute that how to stop him purchasing Twitter is at the top or maybe second as far as priorities for the Biden Admin. And given how little they care about the law and how much they care about absolute power, it's still the big risk to Elon pulling this off.

I know the SEC and FCC have both said they can't stop this, but I'm sure that POS AG has his DOJ true believers working on something.
First Page Last Page
Page 5393 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.