Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,844 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Happygilmore20
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been with Chariot Energy for years and happy.
BrokeAssAggie
I actually interviewed with them when I was out of work during a downtown in the oil patch. It was for a Landman position for a wind farm they were putting together in Oklahoma. They made me an offer but the pay was pretty bad so I passed. I got a free trip to Jupiter Florida l, so that was nice. That was over 6 years ago.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also I can't seem to find any data that goes back farther than 2016, yet the article claims the fund started in 1997.
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

Just a warning, I will likely be around more. I was put on unpaid leave monday and will be fired saturday due to a vaccine mandate policy. Let's see AMD rocket so I care less about that!

Oh I'm also going to be looking at NVDA OTM lottos for next week depending on how it opens. It looks prime for takeoff and while its earnings isn't till May 25th, i think it may just go before then.

Grab the stapler on your way out and, well you know. That's my advice.
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm not afraid to admit that I'm really proud of this.

Still making some mistakes, but altogether. Trying to cut quick and take base hits often. Still overtrading I think. Gotta be more patient for the best set up.
BrokeAssAggie
Get FJB and FOMC tomorrow

utah, get me two
BrokeAssAggie said:

Brewmaster
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

I'm going to take the over and say moon... just b/c all of fintwit will be buying puts. and this action today and overnight looks really bullish (basing between levels and up against 4200 resistance), but what do I know.

Ag13
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

And somehow half of it will be about Roe being overturned

I'm sure it won't be used as a distraction or anything

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Great job. Don't over risk.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think we can rally tomorrow.
Philip J Fry
AG
Tomorrow seems like a pivotal day.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Tomorrow seems like a pivotal day.
Agreed. I think there will obviously be traps. 4140 - 4160 is a key zone. I'd want to see 4160 defend to be upward biased.
Bonfire1996
AG
texagbeliever said:

Just a warning, I will likely be around more. I was put on unpaid leave monday and will be fired saturday due to a vaccine mandate policy. Let's see AMD rocket so I care less about that!

Oh I'm also going to be looking at NVDA OTM lottos for next week depending on how it opens. It looks prime for takeoff and while its earnings isn't till May 25th, i think it may just go before then.
What company? I have a theory that companies that do this want economic based layoffs but don't want the PR shltstorm.
gougler08
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

texagbeliever said:

What company? I have a theory that companies that do this want economic based layoffs but don't want the PR shltstorm.

It's a good theory, easy way to trim the herd a bit and cover it under COVID risk
gougler08
AG
Futures trending up so far
texagbeliever
gougler08 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

texagbeliever said:

It's a good theory, easy way to trim the herd a bit and cover it under COVID risk
PR cover but a potential culture killer. The last thing a company should want to do is suppress and/or expel the disagreeable people. Creates a system of fear, conformity and uniformity. Not to mention that in Texas at least, overwhelming majority of people think a vaccine mandate is pointless at this point in time.

Also some level of adverse selection will be in play. Employees who are high performing and can find a job elsewhere are more likely to self select to leave. While employees who are under performers will just sign an exemption form that is rubberstamped for approval.
texagbeliever
Back to stocks. Here is what i see in play TSLA today.

TSLA: Looks like nice consolidation past 5 trading days. If it breaks up I'm looking at 930 to be a point of resistance both from 50 day VMA and also the downward channel. (4/4, 4/19, 4/25). A move to 950 would have me considering looking for a next week way OTM call when it consolidates down to 935-940.
texagbeliever
For those looking at AMD, ON might be a good stock to give some indication. ON announced similar good news earnings yesterday before the bell and opened up 6%. A continuation of upward momentum would spell good news for AMD but if ON stalls out flat today it might be a sign to sell and not be greedy hoping for a rocket ship.
LMCane
bullish for stocks?

US Trade Deficit Explodes To Record High In March

BY TYLER DURDEN WEDNESDAY, MAY 04, 2022 - 08:34 AM

The US trade balance with the rest of the world collapsed to its largest deficit ever in March.

The gap in goods and services trade grew 22.3% to $109.8 billion, Commerce Department data showed Wednesday.

This was even worse than the median estimate in a Bloomberg survey of economists which called for a $107.1 billion deficit.
FTAG 2000
AG
LMCane said:

bullish for stocks?

The US trade balance with the rest of the world collapsed to its largest deficit ever in March.

The gap in goods and services trade grew 22.3% to $109.8 billion, Commerce Department data showed Wednesday.

This was even worse than the median estimate in a Bloomberg survey of economists which called for a $107.1 billion deficit.

Looks like we are headed back to the Obama era of record trade deficits. Almost like his same team is running the show again.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
LMCane said:

bullish for stocks?

I know you're new to this but Zero Hedge is not good.
BrokeAssAggie
AMD holding up is a good sign for bull thesis.
Triple_Bagger
planoaggie123
AG
move to cash....lol
Thundergon
texagbeliever said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

Philip J Fry said:

texagbeliever said:

Jet Black said:

texagbeliever said:

World is so f'ed up.
It has been a wonderful learning experience as to how smart people act so dumb. For intelligent people will go to great lengths to conjure up explanations that justify them taking the easy road rather than the right one. Unfortunately their intelligence and ability to be persuasive even in a losing position merely encourages them to continue down the wrong path. With how stubborn i am, I hope i can spot when i am guilty of the same folly.
I hope they go bankrupt.

Can you say the company so we don't support them?

NEE or nextera energy. They are down 20% from date of announcement, which is coincidental with he solar panel issue. If you live in Texas you might do business with their subsidiary Gexa or Frontier.
Guess he wasn't interested.
jj9000
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

LMCane said:

bullish for stocks?

I know you're new to this but Zero Hedge is not good.

You're dealing with the hardest working man in trade deficits here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm looking at the IV for SPX options - nope. not doing it.
FTAG 2000
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Fed minutes must be worst than expected.
FTAG 2000
AG
30K - you still in DRIP?
Jet Black
FTAG 2000 said:

30K - you still in DRIP?

And LABU?
SpeedyAg90
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I'm looking at the IV for SPX options - nope. not doing it.

What about spreads ?
cptthunder
$WMB with nearly a 5% yield looks like its going to try and and break to a 52week high and keep rolling until first resistance at around $37.50 all the way back from 4Q 2015 and first major resistance back to $42

Do levels that far back(5-7 yrs) still play out similarly to more recent levels?
Saltyag15
AG
In my opinion, the expected 50 basis point increase is already baked into the market. Any news on more than that, or more vagueness, and this thing goes to poop. Agree?
Tumble Weed
texagbeliever said:

It is interesting how different companies are forcing compliance.

My wife's company forced her to prove vaccination in order to sign up for health insurance. Sneaky little bassturds.
First Page Last Page
Page 5370 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.