Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,385 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
J.P. 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to go...
here she goes..
Any chance we can get an ETF that trades at ~10% of TSLA's price like SPY does for SPX so poor people like me can afford to play options on days like today?
Spoony Love
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Spoony Love said:

Are we about to accelerate down the last hour of the day?

Since noon it has looked pretty methodical in selling on the SPY 5 min chart

My best is the other way, but let's see what price tells us.
Ccutamu
Man it sucks when you realize your 150% XSP trade is now a 6 bagger.

I know, profit is profit, but that stings.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hope you guys made money. Hard day today.

Reminder - not gonna be active much this week.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
bmoochie
AG

Hope you guys made money. Hard day today.

Reminder - not gonna be active much this week.
I don't want to brag but I made $32 today.
BrokeAssAggie
J.P. 03 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to go...
here she goes..
Any chance we can get an ETF that trades at ~10% of TSLA's price like SPY does for SPX so poor people like me can afford to play options on days like today?
I picked up three 5/6 $950 TSLA calls right before I posted it wants to go. My entry was $6.25 a call. It can be done on smaller accounts you just have to go further OTM. Just sold all but one at $9.50.
jet99
30k, if you wouldn't mind sharing. What did you see that made you confident enough to go so deep in the 4145C?
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

J.P. 03 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to go...
here she goes..
I picked up three 5/6 $950 TSLA calls right before I posted it wants to go. My entry was $6.25 a call. It can be done on smaller accounts you just have to go further OTM. Just sold all but one at $9.50.
up over a 100% now.
Ccutamu

Spoony Love said:

30K... What specifically did you see that made you think it was reversing at 1:45ish? 3 and 5 minute charts didn't look anything special. Looking at the 10 minute, you could see a reversal with the long wick down to 405 and recovery. Or, were you looking back to last May where there was some support around 404/405? Am I on the right track?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm unloading some of my Roku shares both to harvest losses, and to buy the QQQ dip. That, and I've kinda given up on it getting back to anywhere near its ATH. But, I'm still gonna hold on to some shares since I still think it's way oversold.

I also just want to rotate more into ETFs again in this environment.
J.P. 03
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

J.P. 03 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA wants to go...
here she goes..
up over a 100% now.
Awesome trade! That runner might even be ITM if this keeps up tomorrow.
BrokeAssAggie
sts7049
AG
TecRecAg said:

TecRecAg said:

Chances NVDA sees $200 this week? 11k calls. Seems to be leader in the clubhouse.
Took a risk on these. Small number of contracts. In at $3.20.
i bought some next week 215Cs after you posted and closed them today for 30%
utah, get me two
Hell of a bounce what happened ?
texagbeliever
sts7049 said:

TecRecAg said:

TecRecAg said:

Chances NVDA sees $200 this week? 11k calls. Seems to be leader in the clubhouse.
Took a risk on these. Small number of contracts. In at $3.20.
i bought some next week 215Cs after you posted and closed them today for 30%
Thanks for the tip on these, i closed out before EOD for close to 100% gain. Looking at the daily NVDA has been rejected at the 8 day VMA/EMA. Closed just below the 8 day EMA.

I did look over at AMD and switched into those $95 C May06 exp. AMD closed slightly above its 8 day EMA/VMA which like NVDA, it had struggled to break over.
Brewmaster
AG
utah, get me two said:

Hell of a bounce what happened ?
just a short squeeze for now. Tomorrow need continuation up or it was just a relief bounce/ squeeze
TecRecAg
AG
You made the right call to close them out. No telling what can happen overnight right now. Scalp scalp scalp
cptthunder

No one except our resident agr poster
Hat tip to Mr Johnsongrass
McInnis 03
AG
$MOS misses on EPS and Rev. Howzers?!
sts7049
AG
yeah. I'm playing super conservative
utah, get me two
Still long on TQQQ, stomaching it but I'm hurting
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thoughts on rotating ROKU into ARKK?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I wouldn't until you've seen some confirmation above the 50-day EMA.

To expound - if you think ROKU has a good business model and that's why you want to continue to hold while we're in higher risk of prices on growth and tech stocks decreasing, I can see that reasoning. I don't get buying ARKK right now with so much downside to most or all of their stocks. You might miss a little upside, but I'd be fine with waiting in order to avoid larger downsides.
cageybee77
AG
wow, that never happens. I bought NVDA when it was low today and then I set a stop that I thought was reasonable and went to the gym. Finally get around to see "what happened" and I notice the price got within 50 cents of the stop, turned around and rocketed up the rest of the day.

never

happened

before

ever.

I feel so dirty.

Ag13
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The correlation between ROKU and ARKK is extremely high. ROKU remains ARKK's #3 holding. It sounds like from your previous post, you are looking to diversify a little bit by re-deploying into ETF's and that you are seeking the tax benefit from selling your ROKU shares.

ARKK is NOT a diversifying ETF at all. Essentially all the stocks it holds have many of the same risk factors and many are in similar industries. These risk factors seem to be at extremely high levels right now (hence the gigantic downturn in ARKK and it's underlying stocks).

I would personally continue to underweight tech at the moment. ARKK is tech with gasoline on it. Rates are going to keep rising and the majority of ARKK's holdings are going to continue to be unprofitable.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
jet99 said:

30k, if you wouldn't mind sharing. What did you see that made you confident enough to go so deep in the 4145C?
I'm on my tablet so apologies for this not being brief. When we had a 5 minute close above the 8 EMA and we went above the opening price, I thought the move would be good for at least 5-10 points. I was right. Normally when you have R/G movement like that, it doesn't stop at 0.0% and then turn back. Like everything else, this is playing probabilities and watching this setup lots of times.

It died quickly, so my inclination on a day like today to take profits quickly was also smart. Ordinarily I would have tried to hang onto half

Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

what Ag13 said! I'd avoid tech and growth like the plague in this market. If we continue this trend, tech and growth have just begun to get bloody. and basically what Mancini said today -- today's action was very much bear market type action, sell off, squeeze, rinse and repeat.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
This is from a friend of a friend. It's legit, as I participated. Ukraine guy has wheat in storage that he owns - a lot, a huge lot. He can ship the wheat via railcar through other countries port system's for export. He'll lose $125 to $145 per metric ton if he ships this method. His alternative is to hold until Ukraine port system opens up for export and save the extra freight cost. I was asked, what would you do? I said, sell it & ship it, take the extra freight lose and get paid; otherwise, the storage facilities and the grain could be destroyed/bombed, or the grain could be sabotaged while in storage, or if the stored grain needs air pushed/pulled through the pile to keep it cool, it could heat up (spontaneous combustion) or rot with no electricity available to propel the fans for cooling. There's a lot of stored wheat in Ukraine that needs to move export. This owner is holding. Thinks the port system will become available. If there's no harvest in a couple of months, the stored wheat could be utilized as a food supply for Ukraine. If harvest occurs, they'll need the storage space to hold this years harvest. Hell of a predicament.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My thought/hope was that it gets me a bit more diversity, but still enough exposure to Roku that I'll be able to ride it up if/when it eventually rebounds.

But I think based on your post that I'm better off leaving a bit in ROKU and sticking to the major indexes instead.
BlueTaze
utah, get me two said:

Still long on TQQQ, stomaching it but I'm hurting

This may relieve a bit of pain. I'm seeing lots of double bottoms at longterm support. Took a decent sized swing trade position in SKLZ.
PLTR is another
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Great question. .... I wonder if MOS took the same approach as XOM, using a "kitchen sink quarter" to throw everything in and not look so profitable. Next quarter publicity will be July/August. Congress will be on vacation the month of July. August, September and October will be a focus on re-election campaigns. I think the media will be so clouded with politics that XOM and likely MOS will report booming Q2's and politicians will be too busy for pointing fingers and legislation for a "windfall tax". I'm still holding my MOS position at $77.15 (ugh) but it'll turn around.

Side Note on XOM...they went from a 28% tax rate in Q4 to a 40% tax rate in Q1 and didn't say why. Food for thought...
Jet Black
LABU had a reverse split on 3/24/16. Shouldn't the price have increased by a multiple of 4? Also, this seems to be trading at an historical low.

GreasenUSA
AG
It did. On 3/23/16, LABU closed at 6.19. Then opened 3/24/16 at 23.59.

You're looking at the split adjusted price to allow for normalization based on current share structure.
Jet Black
GreasenUSA said:

It did. On 3/23/16, LABU closed at 6.19. Then opened 3/24/16 at 23.59.

You're looking at the split adjusted price to allow for normalization based on current share structure.

Makes sense. Got it. Thanks!

Post split in 2016 it looks likes it it trading now at low for that timeframe, or close to it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Ccutamu said:

Spoony Love said:

30K... What specifically did you see that made you think it was reversing at 1:45ish? 3 and 5 minute charts didn't look anything special. Looking at the 10 minute, you could see a reversal with the long wick down to 405 and recovery. Or, were you looking back to last May where there was some support around 404/405? Am I on the right track?

It's actually what I didn't see. Continued pressure on the downside.
First Page Last Page
Page 5365 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.