Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,098 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I also am in here too. Loved the relative strength it showed on the bloody Tuesday. Have been trying to add on dips to my shares.
Philip J Fry
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Guys struggling - hang in there. Trade smaller.
I feel sick watching my 401k while my day trading account is up 30% on the year. I haven't learned to stomach doing large trades yet. I don't know how you manage.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Dan Scott said:

I feel like an absolute POS right now. My account after taxes is now back to pre-pandemic. 6 trillion printed and I have nothing to show for it.

But think of all you've learned. Start minimizing losses going forward and work your way back. Decide what you do well and what has bitten you and create a plan. Maybe slow down on the trading a bit while the learning continues.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I know the market will be higher in ten years. I couldn't do what Zuckerberg does. Losing billions in a day.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
A couple pages back today there were a couple posts made about energy and some comments about associated transportation costs, i.e. pipeline, trucking, rail, etc. .... Tonight I was talking to a buddy of mine and we got around to freight costs and he enlightened me about the grain hopper shuttle freight market today. A shuttle is normally a 100+ railcar unit. It has a dedicated crew for a 2 point move (start/end/return). He told me the bid/offer on a shuttle today is $5,000/$10,000, $5,000 bid and $10,000 offer over the Tariff for each railcar. So, if you need to secure a 100 car shuttle to move from say, Red Oak, Iowa to Houston, Texas that's 100 railcars X $10,000 = $1,000,000 plus the Tariff Rate (the actual freight charge) between those 2 points. A grain hopper railcar holds approximately 3,500 bushels of 56lb/bu corn or a net weight of 196,000 lbs. Easier math is 100 railcars X 3,500 bu.s/railcar = 350,000 bushels. $1,000,000 shuttle freight / 350,000 bushels = $2.85/bu freight plus the Tariff....it's well over a total freight cost of $3.25/bu. and I didn't look up the Tariff to give the exact penny cost. This is crazy high freight cost.....and shuttles are scarce. During the pandemic, railroads terminated crews and offered early retirement as shipments were slowed due to C19. Those rail crews normally stay with the train until it returns (sorta like an airline pilot). Toward the end of my career (5 years ago), I remember bid/ask would range from $150 to $250 on the bid side and $150 to $400 on the offer side when things were good. I have no idea what petro shuttles or coal shuttles cost today, but I suspect it's just as crazy high. I would think the railroads are going to prioritize train movements based on highest revenue haul. Railroads will pick winners and losers. I think this thing is going to get worse/crazy. Petro products not flowing through a pipeline is nuts and trying to haul it on trucks or railcars is insanity.
bmks270
AG
I am long streaming, Netflix and Roku have wiped out all of my gains over the last 3 years. Really not ideal, but in the grand scheme of things it's a blip. That's the risk that comes along with not being diversified. Diversification reduces volatility a lot but also brings possible gains (and losses) closer to the market average.
JbKing45
$job is slowly crushing it.
BrokeAssAggie
Big gap up if futures hold
FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

Diggity said:

ryanhnc10 said:

What on earth happened to TDOC? Yikes
anyone checked on Cathie Wood. She's had a tough few days.
Speaking of... have yal heard of $SARK?

ETF short innovation. Basically the inverse of ARKK
SARK = Short on innovation......I see what you did there.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Big gap up if futures hold
Calm down, you already have enough kids.
BrokeAssAggie
I get excited easily
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

I get excited easily
BrokeAssAggie
FB slowly fading back below $200
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03
AG
Fade the rumor?

jj9000
AG
GDP looks strong.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I dislike these gap up days for SPX. It always makes me feel if I'm chasing or already missed the move. I'll play small and be cautious.

TSLA is close to the premarket levels from yesterday. If the macros stay green, this one could really run with its earnings beat and with it being near the bottom of the BB. Right now it's sitting just under the 200-ema.
McKinney Ag69
AG
I would be curious to know this board's thoughts on $BBIG. I like where it is sitting on the chart. Looks like there is good support around 2.00 and can see it popping to 3.00 pretty quickly.

BrokeAssAggie
Not much pull back on the GDP miss..
Spoony Love
AG
Is anyone else seeing a long wick down to 417.27 overnight on SPY? I will maintain previous thoughts that when this happens it feels like a target or direction for the day.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

Now it's coming down a bit. It will be interesting to see where we're headed over the next week or so. We traded at 4500 just 5 trading days ago. Will we get back in that range or continue down further?

I'll add that SKEW is back up to 138. That may signal that we are primed for a bit of a run up day into AAPL and AMZN earnings and we may get that little run here as long as earnings are good.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Spoony Love said:

Is anyone else seeing a long wick down to 417.27 overnight on SPY? I will maintain previous thoughts that when this happens it feels like a target or direction for the day.

It could be. It does happen to be yesterday closing price, so maybe that was an oops moment for someone early this morning?
McInnis 03
AG
Both ES and NQ are now back inside yesterday's range. Above value area, but inside the range...no-mans-land for now.
BrokeAssAggie
AMZN earnings today . GDP any indication I would think they miss
GreasenUSA
AG
Still not planning to take any long positions until the market proves it can be strong for more than 2 days in a row.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Spoony Love said:

It could be. It does happen to be yesterday closing price, so maybe that was an oops moment for someone early this morning?

Yes, the same thing happened on QQQ. Someone sold at yesterday closing price at exactly the same time as on SPY. Probably an oops moment.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'll probably buy TSLA 900C or 900P this morning. This close to the 200-day it's almost a binary decision. I'm waiting to see if I'm in and which way. Right now TSLA looks like it wants to tag yesterday closing price and then make a decision.
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA tanking. up 100% on some $860 puts a bought at the open. Long way down to next pivot
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Be careful here. It might do a big reversal.
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

Went net free. Got a stop above my entry, so it's gravy train.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this moved too fast to post, but killed TSLA.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Nope. It looks like this is going down. I'm waiting a few more minutes.
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire said:

this moved too fast to post, but killed TSLA.
same. my puts a 3x right now. Think we see $840 today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I got in on the pullback. 870P. I probably missed most of the fun already.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BrokeAssAggie said:

Shocker,...Fed can't be as aggressive now, or can they?
First Page Last Page
Page 5350 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.