Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,994,636 Views | 231575 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by nortex97
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wanderer said:

SPY bouncing right around intraday modelT of 418.50 (H: 422.02 L: 415:01)
15min nosedive right back to that same modelT
Philip J Fry
AG
And exited CEIX with my +10% profit.
Brewmaster
AG
utah, get me two
Ugly day boys, I'm down 15% in my BROKErage
M4 Benelli
maroonbleeder said:

Good call on ZIM today. Up 8% at the time of this post.

Question for you, was the $17 dividend a one time deal? That is a huge amount.

They will have another Rosie O'Donnell sized divy at the end of the year. $17 is representative of 50% of their net income in 2021. They have pledged to give a 30-50% of their net income back as a divy for 2022 as well. No buybacks for the foreseeable as they just recently IPO'd. $2-2.50 is their norm quarterly chum bucket divy. At this current valuation thats a cool 4% to hold a company that is raking in cash and has zero debt. Yes shipping could turn sideways in a nano-second and you'll be holding bags bigger than Mr. Belvedere while knocking on Bob Uecker's door. Streaks on the china, never mattered before...

I dont see the supply chain fixing itself overnight with gimblets in charge. Should be relatively safe for the next two quarters. Ive been in an out for close to a year, and its my go to goose. Large dip recently is a result of $17 divy payout, shipping seasonality (Spring is a down season), and a necessity to refill the bucket fill of chum. Some people dip before the divy because they dont want to fiddle with the squirly Israel tax of 25%. Have to fill out some paperwork if you want the full kielbasa. Either way, fat divies, or a valuation that gives one a crease in their skivvies, this stock is one to watch, hold, and caress. Fair valuation from pirates in the high seas is 75 a share. Could easily get their quick given that scared money always rushes into commodities come times of inflation. Do you want to own companies that rake, or companies that have a PE of 150 and dont have enough spare change in their coffers to buy the marketing team lox with their bagels come Friday? "Heh just charge us."

Several catalysts to watch, Shanghai discontinues their mummer's farce and lets the pigeons loose. iILWU longshoreman contract negotiations go tits up (sounds bad, but as a stock holder, you want congestion, and negative catalysts. Just as long as these catalysts still allow containers to be shipped at a sea snail's pace. Thats where the spot prices match the spot of Dusty Rhodes bellaaay dadddaaaay.

BrokeAssAggie
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

BREwmaster said:

XOM fighting an uphill battle, but they'll be victorious. Slow grind up.
As of 11:03am $85.06 / +$2.77 / +3.36%
you are holding through earnings right? and for the div?
I've got one position with a GTC sell order at $101.83. I've been riding for a long long time and time to exit.

The position I entered a week or two ago at $88.28 (still kicking myself), my plan is to hold pass Ex-Div date; however, if fundamentals appear to suggest a share price decline greater than div adjustment, I'd sell before Ex-Div date. This money goes back into T before T's July Ex-Eff date. (I might be able to play PDI for a month of income in June before heading back to T.)

XOM - I'm thinking exit at low 100's and reload in the high 80's/low 90's before another move up.

I do believe XOM is $120 by year end. I'm so bullish all things oil I can't see straight. Should Russia/Ukraine end tomorrow, I have been thinking oil would dip. Today, I believe if Russia/Ukraine ends, the reputation of doing business with Russia will make a lot of countries hesitant. Exxon declared force majeure on some Russian business today. Russia has a skin disease and no one wants to touch them now. I don't think Russian lowball pricing deals in the future bring folks back quickly.

Side Note: I believe XOM is the largest natgas producer in the U.S. and #2 in the world. $7 to $10 natgas, XOM should be hitting overdrive on the money printing press.

If JB Administration bans petroleum exports from U.S. I'll shift some to refined products manf. like MRO. I doubt there would be a ban on refined products.
The Board of Directors of Exxon Mobil Corporation(XOM) today declared a cash dividend of $0.88 per share on the Common Stock, payable on June 10, 2022 to shareholders of record of Common Stock at the close of business on May 13, 2022.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
chop city
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

yup! chop to pieces. although I couldn't help but think up this meme, lol. I guess I should do some real work.
AgEng06
AG
So you can literally buy shares now and get the dividend on June 10th to the tune of $0.88 per share?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

If we break SPX 4186, I think short into close.

You know what - let's go ahead and do it - buying 3 XSP 418P at 0.45

Stop 0.25
BrokeAssAggie
Think we close red or neutral.
Philip J Fry
AG
NQ 12,500 putting up a fight. Needs to hold.
GreasenUSA
AG
AgEng06 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

SPX with a W just now. TSLA at the top of 5-min BB and relative weakness to SPX and QQQ over last 30 min. I may have to unplug my mouse so I don't get in here somewhere.

Bro, you're using a corded mouse?
Definitely using a wired mouse and keyboard when trading. When fractions of seconds matter, I've had more than 1 time when a wireless mouse lagged or didn't register a click.
maroonbleeder
AG
I have to say, your metaphor game is on point!
AgEng06 said:

So you can literally buy shares now and get the dividend on June 10th to the tune of $0.88 per share?
Yes. You can buy shares between right now and before May 12th (that should be the Ex-Eff date) and you'll receive the dividend. So, last day to buy would be May 11th and receive dividend.

I am guessing the Ex-Eff Date is May 12th as it is usually the day before Ex-Record Date which is May 13th.

BrokeAssAggie
seeing bear flags on all my charts.
AnEng06 - JMO, this Friday before the bell when XOM announces earnings that will likely be quarterly historic, I am expecting a run all the way to Ex-Eff May 12th. I am thinking there is a good chance to see triple digits; however, paper hands are sellers at $90-$91, weak hands at $92 to $95, believers at $96 to triple digits. Expect to see RS at those levels. I'm thinking the momentum of the quarter will generate a wild ride up. And, Q2 is shaping up to perform no less than Q1.
Ag CPA
AG

AgEng06 said:

Yes. You can buy shares between right now and before May 12th (that should be the Ex-Eff date) and you'll receive the dividend. So, last day to buy would be May 11th and receive dividend.

I am guessing the Ex-Eff Date is May 12th as it is usually the day before Ex-Record Date which is May 13th.

Keep in mind that typically the stock drops on the ex-dividend date by the dividend amount, it's not manna from heaven.
BrokeAssAggie
trading TSLA options is almost as fun as sex

irish pete ag06
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

What brokerage is that?
BrokeAssAggie
FB rocket!
Yep. ... You might have missed this in my earlier post.

Quote:

The position I entered a week or two ago at $88.28 (still kicking myself), my plan is to hold pass Ex-Div date; however, if fundamentals appear to suggest a share price decline greater than div adjustment, I'd sell before Ex-Div date. This money goes back into T before T's July Ex-Eff date. (I might be able to play PDI for a month of income in June before heading back to T.)

The dividend adjustment on XOM can be challenging.

If XOM hits triple digits before Ex-Eff, I may have to cut bait and skip the dividend.

I like these options!
BrokeAssAggie
Interactive Brokers
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
not my best day, but green.

That's 3 in a row, but not easy.
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Says the guy that has sired his own basketball team.
BrokeAssAggie
that's why i said "almost"
E
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

FB rocket!

So glad I bought a $170p before close as a lotto
ProgN

x
LMCane
been buying FB nearly every day the last few weeks: total of 37 shares before earnings today.
McInnis 03
AG
FB now a bullish PEAD candidate
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So i guess that "accidental" Bloomberg "leak" about a massive miss was the big boys trying to take our lunch money. Somebody oughta go to jail for that. But i know they won't.
gougler08
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

So i guess that "accidental" Bloomberg "leak" about a massive miss was the big boys trying to take our lunch money. Somebody oughta go to jail for that. But i know they won't.
Someone would cheat the system to make money? Color me shocked
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This may be enough to stop the down trend.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
K now let's do aapl
First Page Last Page
Page 5348 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.