Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,756 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by El_duderino
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just procured some tickets to see the King next week so it has been a great day!
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I don't think we will get to 4050 this cycle.

I am still in TLT and QQQ. I will seek to exit on a retrace and we have time to do so.

Wild times. I don't have access to a PC, but we have to be below -3.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

I just procured some tickets to see the King next week so it has been a great day!

Elvis is still doing live shows?
BrokeAssAggie
King George!
Jet Black
WWR steady as a rock today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Jet Black said:

All part of the plan. Up and down. Round and round. Like a carousel. You pay your money you get on the ride. Round and round.
TriumphForks
AG
WWR will be the second texags rec I ride to 0. Going down with the ship!! Where my FTCH boys at?!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Seriously? 465, you think? This last retrace got nailed at 450. I'm guessing like 438-440 once this thing finds a bottom.

Once the kids are in front of a movie tonight I'll post some camera phone pics of my ghetto charting and maybe y'all can set me straight
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

Jet Black said:

All part of the plan. Up and down. Round and round. Like a carousel. You pay your money you get on the ride. Round and round.

I bought round 2 of this trade cycle today. Yes I'm nuts. Playing for next group of net free shares. If it goes someday great.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

59 South
AG
I'm as close to a permabull as you can get, and my read is very bearish. Like SPX 3850 by mid May.

Keep in mind I'm pretty much a dumb ass though. And I also just got home from my kids' school pub club for parents and about 6 pints deep.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
BaylorSpineGuy
Semi market related….does anyone think there is actually a COVID outbreak in China right now (Shanghai)? The numbers being reported seem modest. This feels more like economic tomfoolery.
59 South
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Semi market related….does anyone think there is actually a COVID outbreak in China right now (Shanghai)? The numbers being reported seem modest. This feels more like economic tomfoolery.

The consensus from the pub club with some really smart and successful MFers from all around the world was:

1. They're doing it to F with the world
2. The numbers are extremely fudged, and there are many more infections and deaths than are being reported.
3. They're also doing it to flex control and power, par for the course in their current culture.

This is coming from some incredibly smart and successful people who have travelled and done business there.
BaylorSpineGuy
Yeah…..that's how it seems to me. The rest of the world is basically over COVID and now China gets blown up with it while numbers are on retreat seemingly everywhere.

Count me as a skeptic.
McInnis 03
AG
ProgN
Progs are brain dead ideologues. Spending money will increase inflation further. They know drilling our own oil would fix most of the current financial issues for Americans but mother Gaia and taxes come first. Dumb****s.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm not sure he's got the neurons left at this time of day to write that.

That's what we need. Literally getting DESTROYED by inflation, but sure, let's throw some tax credits and subsidies that the Sierra Club happily nods for.
BaylorSpineGuy
Literally writing the same type of response at the same time!

You must be a smart guy. Biggest difference between us is you make money in markets. I'm still dropping trow with no Vaseline :-). At least Ice Cube would be proud.
ProgN
Thanks, but not this week. I was taken to the same woodshed as most were but can't dwell on it. Just drink tonight, enjoy Saturday and then start planning next week after Sunday Mass with a clear head.
BaylorSpineGuy
Am in Houston this weekend for wedding on Sunday. So will be fuzzy headed on Sunday. Tons of alcohol at this wedding hahaha. It's my brother in law's wedding.

Cheers and let's crush next week!
BlueTaze

Interesting to note the USD relative strength in the face of inflation. However bad it is here, it's worse elsewhere. Perhaps that plays out in equities, with US bears getting squeezed off their short positions with international capital inflows from weaker global equity markets.

Maybe it's absurd to apply this currency theme to equities...just feels like it's too early and market is pricing in the Feds tough talk.
planoaggie123
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Moron. Idiot. God help us.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
This makes me very angry to read that. I think that's as far as I can go into my feelings on the subject without risking a ban.
Gabster43213
Plano,

Well said !

FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

I love tradingview...

but I hate so much how you can't see the volume number on the bars at the bottom.
See yellow arrow

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Y'all think we find a new bottom next week?
Philip J Fry
AG
This churns my stomach, but looking at the Nasdaq 5 year, the next obvious level of support I see is 11,090. I plan on taking a hard look at all my mutual fund this weekend and maybe finding a new home for my money.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can someone explain?

https://www.federalreserve.gov/recentpostings.htm

4/21/2022
Advanced Notice of a Meeting under Expedited Procedures

A closed meeting of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System will be held under expedited procedures at 11:30 a.m. on April 25, 2022. Matter(s) considered: Review and determination by the Board of Governors of the advance and discount rates to be charged by the Federal Reserve Banks.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
My solace in the midst of all this inflation is that everybody else is in it just as bad as we are. Actually worse according to dxy. So if inflation is hitting everybody is it hitting nobody?
BaylorSpineGuy
Wow. If they throw a rate hike on Monday after bloviating about a May hike for the last 2 months….this will tank the market. We may be at 4000 or lower by next week if that happens.
Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Y'all think we find a new bottom next week?
I think Mancini's take is bounce off 4250, but after that relief bounce more pain. and I think b'c of how steep a sell off this has been.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Pretty solid descending channel on spy hourly going back to 3/29. I just bought xsp puts

Here's my ghetto channel that we broke out of then pretty much slipped right back to today. I bought spy calls for next friday when we hit 428, and then at close. If we get a good bounce I'll trim some of them as we approach 432.5ish

Charismatic Megafauna
AG

Or we follow the lower s/r on the spy weekly, finish today without fanfare then touch both 428.5ish (not open) and 465 next week

465 next week (more like 463 now) or full recession time?

Here's the support i drew on the weekly... the line connecting those whiskers comes pretty close to dead nuts on the bottom of the March 2020 dip. Coincidence? Those touches are followed by some monster weekly candles. Scares me that this one is a close and not a wick
BaylorSpineGuy
This is great! I've been wrong all along. We're still in a bull market!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

If we want this to be one of the greenest weeks of the year (with loooong wicks) we're going to have to grab $22 by close tomorrow. Ain't happening. I did however buy some "peace in the pretty far east" spreads for Monday. 462/465 for .02 and 457/458 for .05

I also overlaid mar 2009-eoy 2013 (start of Obama presidency) with mar 2020 to present....lot of similarities, including the current dip, which reversed right about here for a pretty solid run to ath on 5/2. I don't think we're getting another ath again soon but got some 5/4 spreads to 472

Here's the most ghetto chart of all. Mar 2020 to now in the back, bigger solid candles. Mar 09 (bottom of financial crash) to aug 11 semi transparent in front. I tried to match up bottom and top, assuming the top is in. So looks like another $20-25 of pain? We can handle that. But... there was no bounce from there, it took 4 months or so of chop to get the bull market back

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This is great! I've been wrong all along. We're still in a bull market!

Lol per my last post I'm not sure our bull market isn't about to take a pretty solid breather
First Page Last Page
Page 5329 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.