Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,115 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Futures looking kind of rough. A bit surprised by this move and a bit surprised no supports are holding.

4360s in basically a straight line. Not normal price action.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
ProgN
Bob Knights Liver said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

See that's why the market hates us, because you and Austin both went fishing on trading days and didn't share any pictures!

Fishing pics like this?
https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3106171

Holy ***** It's rare when a thread gets hyped and it delivers. That thread delivered my friend. Just wow!
austinAG90
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

WTF did y'all do to the market? A guy can't go fishing without the whole world falling apart.
No....no you can't....
bones75
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

We are close to that. Unfortunately, we are employed so we have to pick our moves decisively. The hand that feeds you and all….
Check your contract. It is probably Not Your responsibility to be sure your institution is covered every night for spine call. Take the legal minimum- probably says something like "reasonable". Then let them see what it would cost to pay a locums guy.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I would have made a killing on TSLA 4/22 $1100P today. Holy ****, I don't even want to do the math on how much those puts would have made me from 8:45 until 2:00.
BaylorSpineGuy
My contract has no minimum on call coverage. We will see how it shakes out. We are still fairly hopeful.
lobwedgephil
They powered through my major support line, 4371, went long ES anyway. It holds or it gets really ugly.
FJ43
austinAG90 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

WTF did y'all do to the market? A guy can't go fishing without the whole world falling apart.
No....no you can't....
austinAG I'm just waiting for your cliff notes, bottom line, one sentence get the hell out of equites early morning post.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

My contract has no minimum on call coverage. We will see how it shakes out. We are still fairly hopeful.
I'll come up to negotiate on your behalf like Ben Affleck in "good Will Hunting".
ibdm98
AG
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'll come up to negotiate on your behalf like Ben Affleck in "good Will Hunting".

Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Futures looking kind of rough. A bit surprised by this move and a bit surprised no supports are holding.

4360s in basically a straight line. Not normal price action.
if 4360's don't hold, look out below.
lobwedgephil
Plenty of liquidity below, but they could stair step it down like they did all day today.

Brewmaster
AG
well this isn't bullish either...
This guy knows his stuff too

BlueTaze
Novonix broke ground on their synthetic graphite plant last November and Biden's energy secretary was there to give a speech and pump the stock.

WWR broke ground on their plant 2 days ago with a few GOP politicians present.

I think it's time for WWR's new CEO Chad Potter to buy a couple Hunter Biden paintings. Only half joking, as these types of mines/projects almost always have a gov bureaucrat behind the curtain at some level.
lobwedgephil
Yeah, he is good; He wants a price below any gap looks like, doesn't mean he gets it. We go up or down, doesn't matter to me. I am in a long currently, could work, could get stopped out. Will reevaluate tomorrow, no point having a bias, play your levels, cut quick when wrong.
austinAG90
AG
FJ43 said:

austinAG90 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

No....no you can't....
austinAG I'm just waiting for your cliff notes, bottom line, one sentence get the hell out of equites early morning post.

if I could do that I wouldn't be posting.......
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Futures just a little red compared to the free fall yesterday during the trading session, but Europe, Asia, and Australia are pretty red.
BaylorSpineGuy
Surprised this wasn't discussed….but wasn't yesterday an RDR? The only thing it may not have had was 2 consecutive green days (I think there was a red candle on Wednesday but it did still close above Tues highs (so equivocal). That would argue for more red today. If anything, yesterday at least qualifies as a bearish engulfing candle suggesting more down pressure today.

Anyone think plunge protection gets activated today? This does have that Jan 24 kinda feel to it.
FJ43
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

austinAG90
AG
Bear Flattening.Short End New Highs as Powell Endorses Front Loading. Nomura 75

Overnight saw new record high yields from 2 years to 7 years... 2 years hit 2.77, 5 years and 7 years hit 3.04, but 10 years did not break their previous high of 2.98 and long bonds did not come close to 3.03... Powell was seen endorsing front loading of rates.. While he did not specifically mention 50 for May, the market took it that way... And NOMURA ONE UPPED THE MARKET BY CALLING FOR 200 BASIS BY END OF JULY... 50 IN MAY, AND 75 EACH IN BOTH JUNE AND JULY.. That got the short end's attention... But since we got to the office, rates are starting to reverse about 5 to 7 better... 10 years are now unchanged while both 5 and 7 are back below 3%... We expect another choppy day as we go into the weekend... SHORT COVERING OF THE MASSIVE SHORT POSITIONS RECENTLY SET IN THE FUTURES MARKET WOULD NOT SUPRISE US.

Equities did a huge about face yesterday reversing over 100 S+P points after the Powell front end loading endorsement.... It was not pretty.... Overnight S+P's bottomed at 8.50 PM at 4362 and have now moved up 25 to 4386, still down about 4...We still think this market will be choppy... And while the absolute levels of rates should not be an issue, the way we get there could be a problem...25% of total S&P Gamma expire today concentrated around 4400 S&P

Credit spreads widened in both IG and HY... HY took out recent highs while IG maintained under 80 for now.. That did not stop 3 borrowers from coming to market to issue a little over 12 billion... Order-books were 3 x oversubscribed bringing the total for the week to 70% higher than expected at 51.65 billion from the 25-30 expected... New issue concessions were solid at only 3.2 basis... Corporate market new issuance is navigating the choppy treasury markets and soaring Fed speak.

Both Powell and Bullard were out yesterday endorsing higher rates... Bullard seems to be getting what he wants, front loading...WIRP is pricing in 3 50 hikes through July... As we said above, Nomura has the last two hikes at 75 each... 3% seems now in the cards for most of the actives.

Rates...NEW SUPPORT LEVELS...giving ourselves some room...after 2 years breaking 2.62, we are now moving support up to 2.97... 5 years after a 3.04 overnight high, is now 3.10... 10 years after a 2.97 high overnight is 3.01.. And long bonds at 3.125...
BrokeAssAggie
Red to green to red today is my guess
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

Red to green to red today is my guess

I think an inside day is likely. Red to green to hit model T on yesterday's QQQ and SPX, then back down for SPX to close at the 200 and QQQ to close at the 5 day seems right.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WWR is up in the premarket today. I'm in a salting wounds kind of day.
McInnis 03
AG
It is OPEX Friday, do not get chewed up. Just shut your stuff off and walk away if you're unsure. Probably what I'll do besides close up some things that expire today.

You're dumb. Shut it down.
BaylorSpineGuy
HCA got rocked this morning. There's still a big gap below.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA: I'm hoping to play either 4/29 $1000C or $1020P. I'll wait for the first 10-15 minutes to confirm before choosing a side. I'll also be really quick to take profits in case of a reversal like we got after yesterday's green candles at the open.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm pretty sure OpEx was last week?
cptthunder
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm pretty sure OpEx was last week?
I was wondering if someone was going to tell them...Unless there i something else out there Im not aware of.
Doc you might have to check the McInnis crew to make sure he/they didnt get a concussion on that last ski trip
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Folks - I'm on a biz trip so can't really do anything.

Two things:

1) lots of put premium. Are they really gonna pay it?
2) there are tons of single prints above us. Those will get filled soon.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold my TSLA 980/990/1000 fly for $1.20 just now. No confidence, but I'll spend that on beer and bbq this weekend.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

TSLA: I'm hoping to play either 4/29 $1000C or $1020P. I'll wait for the first 10-15 minutes to confirm before choosing a side. I'll also be really quick to take profits in case of a reversal like we got after yesterday's green candles at the open.

If I do go short, I'm looking at the 1010P now. I'll give it a few more minutes, worried about the early bear trap.
BrokeAssAggie
Qs got a nice way down to next resistance.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I just bought 4 $1010P. Stop is 1009.7. I'll take profits if we hit the 50-day. Or I might go before then if I get spooked on a reversal.
BrokeAssAggie
Vix broke $24
First Page Last Page
Page 5324 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.