Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,162 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guesses at moc? I'm going with +2.5B
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
J.P. 03 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

pretty cruel day in my opinion. Morning started out so well.
That bull trap I just fell for is the icing on the cake.
it's a fake breakout, but it is also not a confirmed break-down either.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
<rim shot>

BTW, your post earlier about the Fed wanting a recession without raising rates due to fear of being unable to service the debt. I believe that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Guesses at moc? I'm going with +2.5B
are you crazy? There will be a short imbalance.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
so we have gone nowhere for a week on SPY.

Let's see what happens from here.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I don't know if I'm crazy but I've mentioned before that I'm not very good at this!
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
short covering is to be expected. The give away that this is BS will be a rally as soon as the day closes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the sell algo turned on and they dripped it down the whole day. Tomorrow is a new day and we have good supports below. don't panic. Yet.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Would love an update from OA on WWR. I know he brought this stock to the board. I haven't bought any in a while like 6 months but it's difficult to see this stock drop 80% in 6 months.

If I had to guess, a lot on this board dropped it and never looked back. Just interested in timelines because all I have seen is good news for the company and yes the stock will pop then fall 20% below the pre pop price.
jimmo
sts7049 said:

i'm taking SPY 443Cs as my lotto for tomorrow
with ya
SoTXAg09
AG
jimmo said:

sts7049 said:

i'm taking SPY 443Cs as my lotto for tomorrow
with ya

Strangled these with 434P. We're going somewhere tomorrow, up or down.
ProgN
BSG,

Hey doc, would you ever work in a State that if you didn't give the state approved advice then you could lose your license?
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm a little *****. I'm in an employed position but dream of my freedom. If that's any sort of answer to your question :-).

In all seriousness tho, I would never recommend any policy or practice i couldn't support or get behind.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm a little *****. I'm in an employed position but dream of my freedom. If that's any sort of answer to your question :-).

In all seriousness tho, I would never recommend any policy or practice i couldn't support or get behind.

I only asked because California is threatening doctors that don't push vaccines and masks for covid with losing their license, for misinformation. I started a thread with the article on F16. I wanted a doctor's opinion.

ETA:
Resistance is futile: Cali Doctors will become Covidians or else | TexAgs
RenoAg
JbKing45 said:

willowratio said:

I asked about this a few pages back and I am learning as I go.

I am now averaged in on WWR at 2.4.

Could I sell 2.5 calls out to 2023 or even to 2024 and take the premium? If the stock hits 2.5 I give up shares but guarantee myself money.

Is this wise, or is there a downside I am missing?

Thanks.

It's probably going to go BK since they don't have any contracts. They don't appear to have a sustainable business model either. I don't care how excited the engineers are with the processing…they don't have any contracts besides a small LOI.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
BaylorSpineGuy
My partner and I went to our admin today to discuss renegotiating call pay. It's become more onerous and taxing. It didn't go well. Here's a video summary of us asking admin for more money.

Fast forward to the part where Horatio Sanz is talking. This was basically us and them.

Saltyag15
AG
This world gets sicker every day
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Fintwit is max bear.
Chef Elko
AG
RenoAg said:

JbKing45 said:

willowratio said:

Could I sell 2.5 calls out to 2023 or even to 2024 and take the premium? If the stock hits 2.5 I give up shares but guarantee myself money.

Thanks.

It's probably going to go BK since they don't have any contracts. They don't appear to have a sustainable business model either. I don't care how excited the engineers are with the processing…they don't have any contracts besides a small LOI.

It's ok, it's like he made an account just to bash WWR haha
BaylorSpineGuy
This is a brief summary leaving about the justifications we have for needing more call pay.

Us: Can we have more money for call?
Admin: No.
Us: Can we have more money for?
Us: Can we have more money?
Us: Can we have more?
Us: Can we have?
Us: Can we?
Admin No.
Us: Can?
Us: C……?

Felt like a really healthy conversation!
Ragoo
AG
RenoAg said:

JbKing45 said:

willowratio said:

Thanks.

no dog in the fight. It is a **** company.
Fairfield_Ag
AG
Fairfield_Ag said:

WWR question for those of you that are more familiar with the company.

I'm reviewing the 2/16/21 presentation (business update) on their website to familiarize myself with their market position. My understanding is that they've developed a now patented "clean" process for purifying graphite. They've validated the technology through a pilot testing program, so they've only done this on a small scale.

There's no reference to the "cost" associated with this patented process, or how it compares to the overall graphite market. Why would Tesla, Duracell, or any other battery maker choose to buy from WWR as opposed to existing suppliers? To me they would HAVE to be competitive price wise, and when I see they have an environmentally sound process by which they refine graphite, that sounds expensive to me.

Different market, but I've supported several biodiesel projects over the years. One in particular (Kior) developed a process to burn wood chips and convert to biodiesel. They were able to prove the process at a pilot scale facility in Pasadena, TX (location I supported), and millions poured in from investors. They built a full scale plant, even when they knew their cost associated with producing a single barrel of biodiesel in this process was several $1,000.00 per barrel. Kior ran out of money and went bankrupt. Their internal costs were too great for an unsellable product.

I guess I'm gun shy on WWR due to that experience with Kior. I'd like to know how competitive their sell prices are for graphite. What gives WWR an advantage over competitors? The fact that they're domestic? The fact that their process is green? To me it's all about the competitive pricing. Good news either way is that demand for graphite is skyrocketing.

Thoughts from those of you more familiar with WWR? Thanks in advance.
I took it on the chin with WWR last year but cut my losses around $3.00 a share. I'm not saying I had it right, but I wish I'd listened to my gut a bit (post above). I bought a lot of WWR after that post. . It's a VERY speculative play. Yes, it could go to $10-20 some day but it could also go out of business in the next few years. My opinion only of course.
Whirligigs
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I only asked because California is threatening doctors that don't push vaccines and masks for covid with losing their license, for misinformation. I started a thread with the article on F16. I wanted a doctor's opinion.

ETA:
Resistance is futile: Cali Doctors will become Covidians or else | TexAgs

It's horrifying and fascinating watching California self-destruct.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This is a brief summary leaving about the justifications we have for needing more call pay.

Us: Can we have more money for call?
Us: Can we have more money for?
Us: Can we have more money?
Us: Can we have more?
Us: Can we have?
Us: Can we?
Admin No.
Us: Can?
Us: C……?

Felt like a really healthy conversation!

"We aren't going to show up unless"
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WTF did y'all do to the market? A guy can't go fishing without the whole world falling apart.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
See that's why the market hates us, because you and Austin both went fishing on trading days and didn't share any pictures!
Dupree
Our problem is we only have six trading monitors and not eight
BaylorSpineGuy
We are close to that. Unfortunately, we are employed so we have to pick our moves decisively. The hand that feeds you and all….
tlepoC
AG
Just shift to a different system in the metro. I can recommend one.
Bob Knights Paper Hands

See that's why the market hates us, because you and Austin both went fishing on trading days and didn't share any pictures!

Fishing pics like this?
https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3106171
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You been fishing with brokeass!?
KT 90
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Fishing pics like this?
https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3106171

Nice pics! Lots of flotation devices to keep folks from drowning. Safety first.
FJ43
Y'all obviously didn't buy enough today.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 5323 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.