Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,762 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

A couple really big buys have come in on twtr today, could shape up to be a very high volume day. Wonder whats happening?

There's reports Elon has lined up enough capital to buy it and get around the poison pill stuff.

The $1 whisker at 12:06...wonder if that's dark pool, calls getting exercised, or ???
wanderer
Quite the downward channel today (SPY)
Whirligigs
Wannabud said:

Whirligigs said:

Watching stocks soar can be frustrating if you do the covered call game but it's fantastic when it somewhat oscillates and you print your own dividends each period.
What is this stock "soaring" you speak of? Can't recall seeing that this year....

Good point. I've been just rolling down I feel like.
sts7049
AG
Paradise Ag said:

sts7049 said:

neither of which have anything to do with biden.

Yeah, the rest of our economy is doing great and it's just WWR and FUBO that are independently doing poorly.

If you voted for this fraud then own it instead of acting like the Market is operating in a vacuum that's somehow not effected by the idiotic policies of the current administration.

Out of curiosity, what brilliant forthcoming moves do you predict from your folks in charge that will turn this debacle around? I'll hang up and listen.
i didn't vote for him, but if you want to whine about him then go to f16.

you were complaining about two stocks, so don't turn that into a market statement
sts7049
AG
or, just maybe, FUBO is a s*** stock and you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. no matter who was president
willowratio
AG
Thanks everyone. Can't discount the knowledge and help on this board.
ProgN
Triple_Bagger said:

Dupree said:

So what's with the pullback?
Interest rate rally = equities drop in value

5, 10 and 30yr treasuries are sitting just under 3%. Market dropped around this time last year when rates hit 1.8%.

Market is expecting J Pow to confirm the 50bps rate hike during his speech today and at least one more 50bps rate hike is being priced in. I can see a 50bps rate hike next month but don't expect a 2nd one this year unless the Fed wants to tank the markets.
The fed DGAF about the markets, but they need a recession. They just want to get there without having to raise rates that high, thus they're all bloviating the same doom and gloom.
BaylorSpineGuy
They sure don't care about the markets now. They conveniently banned themselves from trading it just in time for them to spike the rates :-). Smart fellas
ProgN
If they were this concerned, then they'd have raised interest rates earlier and definitely by more than 25 bps last meeting. Debt service is what's scaring them. The continued spending has them in a corner. It's almost time for us to take our medicine, which will be ugly. I look for them to blame republicans after they win the midterms for what we're all about to experience.
austinAG90
AG
BULLARD: FED ISN'T AS FAR BEHIND THE CURVE AS YOU THINK WE ARE

Talk about speaking out of both sides of your mouth

BFW 04/21 16:34 *FED'S BULLARD REPEATS HE FAVORS 3.5% RATE BASED ON TAYLOR RULE
BFW 04/21 16:34 *ST. LOUIS FED'S JAMES BULLARD SPEAKS AT PRINCETON UNIVERSITY
BFW 04/21 16:45 *BULLARD: FED IS BEHIND THE CURVE, WON'T HAVE A HARD LANDING
BFW 04/21 16:46 *BULLARD: SEES U.S. GDP OF ABOUT 3% IN 2022
BFW 04/21 17:03 *BULLARD: INFLATION EXPECTATIONS THREATENING TO BECOME UNMOORED
BFW 04/21 17:14 *BULLARD: 75 BP HIKE HAS BEEN DONE, WORLD DOESN'T COME TO AN END
BFW 04/21 17:16 *BULLARD: FED SHOULD AVOID DISRUPTIONS FROM SURPRISE MKT MOVES
BFW 04/21 17:38 *BULLARD: BOND MARKET NOW IS NOT LOOKING LIKE SAFE PLACE TO BE

*BULLARD: FED ISN'T AS FAR BEHIND THE CURVE AS YOU THINK WE ARE

BaylorSpineGuy
That sounds like the right playbook. Ugh…..I'm tempted to get political on here but don't wanna end up in the Prog and Irish sandbox (time-out).

Suffice to say Republican leaders have not done a good job on fiscal responsibility and have no moral high ground over their Democrat peers, though they should since it's what they bang the pots about all the time.

Off soapbox. Back to losing money on bond trades….
irish pete ag06
AG
Saltyag15 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

What happened to DKNG?
It's taking an epic steamer. It was in the $60s in September. Unreal!
Man there is some big $ to be made with some of these growth stocks...

if you get the right ones and have a long time to wait... of course... that part is hard.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

That sounds like the right playbook. Ugh…..I'm tempted to get political on here but don't wanna end up in the Prog and Irish sandbox (time-out).

Suffice to say Republican leaders have not done a good job on fiscal responsibility and have no moral high ground over their Democrat peers, though they should since it's what they bang the pots about all the time.

Off soapbox. Back to losing money on bond trades….
Rs haven't been much better than the Dims, but we're about to be the Weimar Republic. Spending has to stop. The dollar crashes, it's the endgame.
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

They sure don't care about the markets now. They conveniently banned themselves from trading it just in time for them to spike the rates :-). Smart fellas
Did you see the video I linked for you a few pages back on Gary and Bananas?

Yes, this is a legit question on the stock market forum you bastages.
BrokeAssAggie
think we are about to get a little run up into power hour.
BaylorSpineGuy
I did see it and thank you for sharing. Super complicated but I'm at least getting the idea. I guess what is confusing is if these market makers decide the outcome of the market or the buyers and sellers. What he describes almost makes it seem impossible for their ever to be a crash because some hedge in the other direction limits movement too much in any way.
BrokeAssAggie
If we get a bounce it's going to be within the next 5 min.
JbKing45
willowratio said:

I asked about this a few pages back and I am learning as I go.

I am now averaged in on WWR at 2.4.

Could I sell 2.5 calls out to 2023 or even to 2024 and take the premium? If the stock hits 2.5 I give up shares but guarantee myself money.

Is this wise, or is there a downside I am missing?

Thanks.

It's probably going to go BK since they don't have any contracts. They don't appear to have a sustainable business model either. I don't care how excited the engineers are with the processing…they don't have any contracts besides a small LOI.
cptthunder
Anyone seen news on $MOS? Thats a hefty drop on no news that I have been able to find
Tumble Weed
Fb Amd and Googl are making me look silly.

What should I name this account?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
PSA

On-The-Border Cantina Thins are the pantry stock chip in our home. Yesterday, I picked up a few bags at Walmart and noticed a nice added yellow banner "Fiesta Special". Compared that bag to old bag in the pantry. New bag is 15oz and old bag is 16oz. Same price.

$3.33 / 15oz = $0.222
$3.33 / 16oz = $0.208125
6.66% increase without a change to the retail selling price.

Buyer beware.

(Can't help myself but notice this stuff, I was involved in packaging at one time in my career. The subtle change is a signal to the packaging line personnel filling the bags. The visual change reflects the new bag inventory and helps packing line personnel distinguish from the old bag. The company does not want old bag inventory to accidently show up on the packing line and put 15oz in a 16oz bag - State's Weights and Measures Dept's frown on that.)

BrokeAssAggie
should've bought Tostitos scoops
McInnis 03
AG
cptthunder said:

Anyone seen news on $MOS? Thats a hefty drop on no news that I have been able to find
Thanks for the eyeballs, i'll throw some money at MOS on a day like today.

70/80/90 flies for $1.89
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Santitas are $2only!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
cptthunder said:

Haven't seen anything and I'm sucking air on that purchase from a couple days ago at $77.15. It will come back and go higher.
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

cptthunder said:

My Mr.Jonhsongrass watchlist alerted me
wanderer
Update to that pretty intraday SPY downward spiral channel
Brewmaster
AG
I would bet money we see continuation into tomorrow. gap down.
wanderer
QQQ got a tiny bounce off the same low we had on Monday (~335.75). Continued breakdown though that wouldn't be pretty.
Towns03
AG
cptthunder said:

one factor could be wet conditions. I know anhydrous ammonia sales are sliding because some regions are too wet to apply to the fields.
Brewmaster
AG
I believe it. The wife bought some stuff at Academy a week or so ago. At the register everything was ringing up more than the in store tags. She asked about it... and they said everything in the store is going up roughly 10%. Lovely!
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

cptthunder said:

70/80/90 flies for $1.89
A month out?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BREwmaster said:

I would bet money we see continuation into tomorrow. gap down.

Hope not! We're hanging out/ consolidating right at mancinis 4415 level, i was going to buy calls if we tagged 440 but decided to go ahead and buy some here. Guess we could run down and tag his 4390 level but he seems to like where rsi is at
McInnis 03
AG
cptthunder said:

McInnis 03 said:

cptthunder said:

70/80/90 flies for $1.89
A month out?

Sorry, yes, May monthly
Jet Black
Wwr is a monster pos
First Page Last Page
Page 5321 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.