Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,105 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well I didn't have a stop loss on SAVA.... now what.
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA looking to close the gap
BaylorSpineGuy
Bought more TLT options yesterday to run it back. That was a $ hitty move.
cageybee77
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well I didn't have a stop loss on SAVA.... now what.
fwiw, RSI looks promising. but.....
austinAG90
AG
Front End of Treasuries Continues to Get Crushed as Third 50 Hike Built In

We said 15-20 basis point moves seems to be the new normal... Now the market is building in a third 50 basis point rise in July... All of the front end are at new high yields... It looks like 5 years and 7 years are about to go to 3% handles...long end is about 5 basis points away from their spike in yields in Tokyo two nights ago... So much for the short covering rally yesterday... Just a set up for another big move... And it is not just the US.. 2 year European rates are up 15 in Germany, 17 in the UK and 14 in France... So much for the affordability of mortgages
ProgN
CNN+ is shutting down, effective April 30, sources say (cnbc.com)
Paradise Ag
AG

Don't look now but both WWR and FUBO just set new annual lows.

This would (theoretically) bother me if I (theoretically) owned a bunch of each.

FJB.
ProgN
austinAG90 said:

Front End of Treasuries Continues to Get Crushed as Third 50 Hike Built In

We said 15-20 basis point moves seems to be the new normal... Now the market is building in a third 50 basis point rise in July... All of the front end are at new high yields... It looks like 5 years and 7 years are about to go to 3% handles...long end is about 5 basis points away from their spike in yields in Tokyo two nights ago... So much for the short covering rally yesterday... Just a set up for another big move... And it is not just the US.. 2 year European rates are up 15 in Germany, 17 in the UK and 14 in France... So much for the affordability of mortgages

The housing sector drives so many other industries. Layoffs will definitely start within the next 6 months. I bet corporations are already evaluating who and how many they will be laying off.
Dupree
So what's with the pullback?
ryanhnc10
AG
Paradise Ag said:

Don't look now but both WWR and FUBO just set new annual lows.

This would (theoretically) bother me if I (theoretically) owned a bunch of each.

FJB.

Add DraftKings as well
PetroAg11
sts7049
AG
neither of which have anything to do with biden.
Saltyag15
AG
Maaaannn am I glad I got out of that one before it got really ugly.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
ProgN said:

CNN+ is shutting down, effective April 30, sources say (cnbc.com)
AT&T let CNN+ roll out just days before the WBD deal with Discovery. (CNN+ would have been under the WBD umbrella after the deal) It was a $300 million rollout and will not last 30 days. For AT&T leadership, it showed poor professionalism, lack of respect for new owners WBD (old Discovery) and truly - financial incompetence. If I was David Zaslav/CEO/WBD, I'd have been furious. ..... On the otherhand, maybe Zaslav wanted it to roll out because he knew it would fail and people terminations would be much easier. How anyone could think people would actually pay for a stream from the same outfit that can't draw viewers to their free content is insanity.
McInnis 03
AG
The FB pull makes me think some big houses are not going to be able to risk taking a second NFLX like punch so they're playing the safe side.
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03
AG
Throwing in on an AMZN fly for tomorrow, 3050/3075/3100 - $2.38 ----lowwwwwwwwww probability.
PetroAg11
Fed Speakers:
Bullard @ 11:30 am (central)
Powell @ 12:00 pm (central)
Paradise Ag
AG
sts7049 said:

neither of which have anything to do with biden.

Yeah, the rest of our economy is doing great and it's just WWR and FUBO that are independently doing poorly.

If you voted for this fraud then own it instead of acting like the Market is operating in a vacuum that's somehow not effected by the idiotic policies of the current administration.

Out of curiosity, what brilliant forthcoming moves do you predict from your folks in charge that will turn this debacle around? I'll hang up and listen.
FTAG 2000
AG
What happened to DKNG?
Saltyag15
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

What happened to DKNG?
It's taking an epic steamer. It was in the $60s in September. Unreal!
FTAG 2000
AG
Just got the proxy vote for SAVA with votes for 1) more shares to be issued and 2) more executive compensation courtesy the new shares.

Yeah, big fat no from me.
willowratio
AG
I asked about this a few pages back and I am learning as I go.

I am now averaged in on WWR at 2.4.

Could I sell 2.5 calls out to 2023 or even to 2024 and take the premium? If the stock hits 2.5 I give up shares but guarantee myself money.

Is this wise, or is there a downside I am missing?

Thanks.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I like to say that selling covered calls is guaranteed money, a stock (especially wwr) going up is not guaranteed
wanderer
Sounds like you've got the concept down. The downside is that right now the premium that you'd receive from selling calls is pretty lackluster.
Triple_Bagger
Dupree said:

So what's with the pullback?
Interest rate rally = equities drop in value

5, 10 and 30yr treasuries are sitting just under 3%. Market dropped around this time last year when rates hit 1.8%.

Market is expecting J Pow to confirm the 50bps rate hike during his speech today and at least one more 50bps rate hike is being priced in. I can see a 50bps rate hike next month but don't expect a 2nd one this year unless the Fed wants to tank the markets.
willowratio
AG
At this point it in doing this right I could take the premium and if it goes up guarantee myself to break even plus a little.

Just trying to make sure I'm not missing something.
Wannabud
AG
you lock in potential profits assuming your strike is higher than what you paid for it. The only downside is if the stock starts to out run you and you have to pay up to buy back the calls or just take your profit and not worry what could have been. you can always roll your calls forward to stay ahead of it, but you may have to pay or capture less premium to make that happen.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
A couple really big buys have come in on twtr today, could shape up to be a very high volume day. Wonder whats happening?
FTAG 2000
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

A couple really big buys have come in on twtr today, could shape up to be a very high volume day. Wonder whats happening?

There's reports Elon has lined up enough capital to buy it and get around the poison pill stuff.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Yeah you guarantee you get your money back, the risk is missing out on the upside on a stock we all bought for its "massive potential"
This is where knowing yourself comes in. High risk tolerance, massive fomo, and you just hold your shares (or sell them and just buy calls going forward)
I think smart money sells calls on spikes and doesn't regret it if they miss the big run
There's always hybrid options, to sell calls on part of your shares, or sell near the money calls and buy otm calls with the proceeds
Whirligigs
Watching stocks soar can be frustrating if you do the covered call game but it's fantastic when it somewhat oscillates and you print your own dividends each period.
Dupree
**** this ****
FTAG 2000
AG
All those macro charts are just gross.

Thanks, Brandon.
Wannabud
AG
Whirligigs said:

Watching stocks soar can be frustrating if you do the covered call game but it's fantastic when it somewhat oscillates and you print your own dividends each period.
What is this stock "soaring" you speak of? Can't recall seeing that this year....
First Page Last Page
Page 5320 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.