Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,455 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
Whitehouse Road
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You don't necessarily have to trade bearish. I've had one of my better months trading and it's just been stuff like EOG, GOLD, DBA, and MOS. Pretty much just different components of what aggiedaniel said.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
the government has not really directly assisted the tax payer. They've assisted firms like Blackrock who went and bought up all the rental homes.

If Daniel will oblige, I am curious to get his perspective on how UBI solves inflation challenges. Just a guess, but it could take some heat off of wages because in theory, there would be fewer people searching for jobs.

I'm not an economist, just a value investor at heart and a trader. Volcker stopped it in the 80s with extreme interest rates, which in essence created demand destruction. Stagflation is inevitable, I'm afraid.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Me today
Ragoo
AG
Our economy has shifted heavily to services and offshoring production. Works fine when good are able to freely move around the globe. A bobble or two and suddenly we have a shortage in good and a surplus in dollars.

Instead of UBI the government should offer sign up bonus for employees will to work for a year minimum. Such that their total compensation equals the hat UBI would be.

UBI puts money in peoples pockets but doesn't help solve the underproduction part of the equation.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have tried to hit the following themes in the 50K account:

• long energy (DK, OXY, APA) side note: pissed at myself for getting shaken out of APA, but it had two closes below the 21
  • long commodities (MOS, GDXJ, CENX, URA, NEM)
  • short financials (FAZ)
  • Value opportunities (MARA, OSTK, CWH, ACB)
  • Extremes (BABA, ZIM, NIO, AAL)
  • Outsized premium potential (DWAC, TTD, MTTR, RBLX, COIN)
  • Day trades, primarily scalps (XSP, SPY, QQQ, AAPL)

Sectors that I think are going to do well the rest of the year:

• Defense
  • Healthcare
  • Agriculture
  • Other sub sectors of commodities
  • Emerging technology plays

I think the high P/E "growth" tech is screwed for now, but it will have its day again. I'd be careful on anything that's interest rate sensitive. One thing I don't know is what's going to happen to semiconductors. That's my biggest enigma because they literally power the economy now.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
krosch11 said:

Guilty as charged. For whatever reason I'm finding it twice as difficult to trade bearish. Not sure id that's just being new or psychological. Harder for me to pull the trigger on those trades but I'm going to have to learn that sooner than later

I've always been the same way. Recently it clicked that if I stop trying to predict bearish moves as much and just enter after confirmation or if I take gains from puts or shorts faster that I can more consistently make money on the way down. Previously I was very hit and miss, more miss than hit, when trying to trade bear. That may be the way or that might just fit with my personality, since I can be a bit over-aggressive in general.
krosch11
AG
I can absolutely relate to that. I'm trying out 30K's idea of inverting charts on some paper trades to get over my mental block of the down trend . I think it's just practice over time and being strict on the rules of my trades that will do it.

Best advice all on this thread gave me was stick to the plan and go for singles or even a bunt here and there. That has saved me a lot of pain since our dartboard bull market went away. Time will be the teacher for awhile I think but I'll get there.
McInnis 03
AG
Philip J Fry
AG
Looking at the NASDAQ 5Y curve, can someone convince me that we won't at least test the 11000s?

FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Wow, just wow.

Glad I own shares, just need to know where to sign on to the lawsuit against these ****ers.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Wow, just wow.

Glad I own shares, just need to know where to sign on to the lawsuit against these ****ers.

If you buy shares now, is it too late to get in on a potential lawsuit?
FTAG 2000
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

FTAG 2000 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Wow, just wow.

If you buy shares now, is it too late to get in on a potential lawsuit?
Hasn't been filed yet, you got time.

The other thing - I believe that all shareholders would have to vote on this plan. They can't just wake up and slap down more shares or even this poison pill plan without a vote, I think.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
52 Week Low...here we come and there we go. Shorts & Sellers will be active on Monday, IMO. Twitter blocks free speech and Musk's bid, at least they're consistent. Last note, Class Action Lawsuits will be filed 24/7, then Musk can buy TWTR out of bankruptcy.

ETA: I don't recall an after-the-fact poison pill ever working (there are probably some that did work). Without a good faith response and an effort to communicate by the CEO and BoD this usually does not end well. And, I guess Thoma Bravo disappeared maybe...?
krosch11
AG
Well that's one bearish trade I'll finally tack to the win column . Bought puts yesterday on $Twtr.

They're going to get sued the hell out of
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So it reads to me that the board has already approved it, and basically when elon breaks 15% every current shareholder (except elon) then gets the opportunity to buy shares at half price. Is that right? Or is it only select shareholders (probably)?
You're going to Sizzler on Monday!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Twitter is a bunch of babies. Really the only way to put it.

It is a travesty how it underperforms and their management is a joke.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I finished my taxes and don't owe a penalty, yay.

I'm going to punch the next person that tells me to pay my fair share.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3283799/replies/61872347

Start with this idiot.
ProgN
I just got home from taking my son to see Sonic 2. They had an extended trailer for Top Gun 2 that comes out next month. Oh yeah, it looks badass and I'll be definitely seeing it in the theater.
TWTR Leadership & BoD pulled it out of the AT&T Leadership Playbook, chapter called, "How to destroy market cap by without buying assets in less than 48 hours" ... and then rewrote it..
Red Rover
AG
I'm just getting an extension for now. First year I'm not competent to file my own taxes, so using a CPA. On top of small business tax implications, I have to file some state taxes in California. I think mostly because of my Pelosi jokes on Twitter.
Ragoo
AG

Twitter is a bunch of babies. Really the only way to put it.

It is a travesty how it underperforms and their management is a joke.
for the amount of use it has wildly underperformed its peers in big tech.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You'll get a kick out of this

FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Math,...he should try it.

ETA: I clicked into that tweet. They're setting him straight. LOL!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Those CFA cert tests are going to be a *****!
FJ43
Let's not talk about taxes. Wrote my check a month ago. Y'all are giving me flashbacks.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
I got a $29K refund this year. What's my secret, you ask? Buying small caps!

On a side note, have been dealing with horrible trauma these past 10-12 days! I operated the worst thoracic fracture I've seen in 12 yrs last week, and today a young guy came in after a motorcycle crash who has occipitocervical dislocation (AOD), otherwise known as internal decapitation I never liked that term tho. He's getting scheduled for occipitocervical fusion for the morning. Horrible injury.

I've done one or two others in my 3 yrs in practice and the first one I did (almost 2 yrs ago) walked into my office last
Month and is basically normal, so really proud of her outcome.

I'll try to post some pics of the radiographs when I can.
JCRiley09
AG
That's a hell of an interest free loan the govt got from you.
McInnis 03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

You'll get a kick out of this

Saltyag15
AG
Ok...this guy's gotta be trollin'
Diggity
AG
that's a twitter trope that has been firmly driven into the ground over the past year.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ProgN said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3283799/replies/61872347

Start with this idiot.

There is no use arguing with someone like that. His net tax rate is probably 15% and he's complaining about people like me who pay over 30%

I think in the long run, there will ultimately not be LT capital gains or preferential tax treatment for dividends in order to soak the equity holders. The federal spending deficit is unsustainable and unfortunately, they can't squeeze blood from rocks, therefore, they'll continue to kill the golden geese.

Puerto Rico is one of the last tax havens available, by the way. I'm sure they'll close that too.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
CFA, you say. For f's sake.
First Page Last Page
Page 5298 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.