Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,134 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Pretty solid descending channel on spy hourly going back to 3/29. I just bought xsp puts

I finally got one! I bought some spy puts for Monday too because if the pattern holds we gapping down.
BlueTaze
FTAG 2000 said:

Elon's doing a TEDTalk right now. Said there is a Plan B for Twitter if they don't accept his offer. Won't expand on that.

Hopefully Musk dumps TWTR shares and teams up with Nunes or starts his own. Would be awesome if TWTR never sees $50 again.
FJ43
Something is going to give. Sandwiched between the 200EMA and the .5 Fib.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Dupree
I just realized the markets are closed tomorrow
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BlueTaze said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Elon's doing a TEDTalk right now. Said there is a Plan B for Twitter if they don't accept his offer. Won't expand on that.

Hopefully Musk dumps TWTR shares and teams up with Nunes or starts his own. Would be awesome if TWTR never sees $50 again.

Hopefully your cadbury eggs all melt into the front seat of your car!!!

(Just playing with you, happy Easter)
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

This reminds of when Vanderbilt held the control of the Harlem railroad (??), and his opponents tried to short it to bankrupt him, but he owned so much, he basically crushed them with their borrowing premium. Vanderbilt was one step ahead!

I think this is chronicled in the Gilded Age show.
great story and comparison! A man with Musk's wealth and smarts knows their move before it even happens. Somebody make some popcorn!
just added the 2nd image, love it!

austinAG90
AG
Dupree said:

I just realized the markets are closed tomorrow

Hope and pray you have real job to go to tomorrow…….that's kinda important…
Dupree
I do but I should be off if the markets are closed
BaylorSpineGuy
When someone said he was playing next level chess, I'm starting to realize Musk's brilliance. Admittedly, I have been slow to come around on him, but he genuinely seems to have the interest of retail at least in mind (I'm sure he is his own first priority capitalism dictates he should be!).

He has given the people plenty of opportunities to capitalize on his moves. He announced if he should sell TSLA stock, and he sold a load. Price went down lol. He gave everyone forewarning. I'm slowly warming to the guy.
Ragoo
AG
Don't think he cares about retail but he does care about protecting the truth. Ultimately he wants the Twitter ceo gone.
austinAG90
AG
Dupree said:

I do but I should be off if the markets are closed

Markets are closed...Which would be directly related to my post count as I've had a few tequilas this evening knowing I don't have anything to do tomorrow in front of screen.....

Best of luck in your trading....Good thread here...

you work for a financial advising firm? I only ask cause my wife works for one and I've left her butt at home for so many Good Fridays I can remember.....once again this is great thread if you pay attention and put in some of your own work and apply to stocks you like....happy holidays...
Dupree
BaylorSpineGuy
AustinAg needs to do three things:
1. Drink more.
2. Tell more stories he promised.
3. Tell me where to put my money (if Carlos Slim is good enough for him….he can help me. I'm no whale. I'm plankton.).
austinAG90
AG
Dupree said:

I laughed.....that's funny...

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I want to post this and just say WTF.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
austinAG90
AG
Not a Fraud....that's very interesting and would like to know more on that....if you can..
austinAG90
AG
If folks on this thread who I respect think I should move this to its own thread just let me know and the dude abides....but let's start here

Who googled Nextwave Telecom and has a basic understanding of the situation ???
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Market's closed. As far as I'm concerned you have earned the right to post whatever your want here, whenever you want. (But especially outside trading hours). Tell us a story!
krosch11
AG
They outbid everyone in order to monopolize the fcc licenses in order to essentially charge carriers to use their licenses so they could "own" the networks without having to build the network. Ended in bankruptcy because they bought so many right ?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
austinAG90 said:

Not a Fraud....that's very interesting and would like to know more on that....if you can..

It's an indicator I got from the Twitter user "don't fade me". It's pretty good at support / resistance levels.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I don't think you should move to a different thread. It's after trading hours, so we might as well have something to read about here. Besides, these poor *******s have to put up with hundreds of my crappy posts. They can handle a few of yours.

I googled and read about Nextwave on wiki. So basically they won a bid for licenses and paid 10% down, then they defaulted on their payments and filed for bankruptcy protection, then the licenses were sold to AT&T for $17 billion, but somehow Nextwave was awarded the licenses back? AT&T then waited for Nextwave to fail and bought the whole company and the licenses for $600 million, roughly 3.5% of the price they were willing to pay for the licenses? If that is correct I have no idea how many of that could happen.
slacker00
AG
I asked about this awhile back and searched it out. I haven't really used it though, just thought the name was interesting.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/ZfmnU2VL/
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
slacker00 said:

I asked about this awhile back and searched it out. I haven't really used it though, just thought the name was interesting.

https://www.tradingview.com/v/ZfmnU2VL/

It's a good visual representation to use with other factors.
aggiedaniel06
AG
If someone is having a hard time this year, it means they are still trying to press the growth trade into rising rates.

The bullish trade in Q1 has been the inflation trade - xle & xlv components. DE, DLTR, fertilizers, etc…
Brewmaster
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

If someone is having a hard time this year, it means they are still trying to press the growth trade into rising rates.

The bullish trade in Q1 has been the inflation trade - xle & xlv components. DE, DLTR, fertilizers, etc…
He lives!

are we heading into a chart that looks like the Nikkei in the forgotten years yet?
aggiedaniel06
AG
Possibly. Stagflation is a real threat in the near future. The Fed still has one monetary policy trick left which is YCC and I can even see the fiscal policy trick of UBI, if inflation doesn't subside.
Swollen Thumb
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Possibly. Stagflation is a real threat in the near future. The Fed still has one monetary policy trick left which is YCC and I can even see the fiscal policy trick of UBI, if inflation doesn't subside.

Your macro views are very much appreciated, particularly during these crazy times.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
aggiedaniel06 said:

Agree on Q1 picks. Who you picking for Q2?
krosch11
AG
Guilty as charged. For whatever reason I'm finding it twice as difficult to trade bearish. Not sure id that's just being new or psychological. Harder for me to pull the trigger on those trades but I'm going to have to learn that sooner than later
BrokeAssAggie
krosch11 said:

Guilty as charged. For whatever reason I'm finding it twice as difficult to trade bearish. Not sure id that's just being new or psychological. Harder for me to pull the trigger on those trades but I'm going to have to learn that sooner than later

Ditto
Seven Costanza
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

How would UBI not exacerbate inflation?
Ragoo
AG
Seven Costanza said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

yeah I don't get this. More disposable income dollars would serve to drive prices even higher. We don't have an income wage issue, we have a production issue.
jimmo
BenRev09
AG
Ragoo said:

Seven Costanza said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

yeah I don't get this. More disposable income dollars would serve to drive prices even higher. We don't have an income wage issue, we have a production issue.
Way out of my depth here but maybe "fiscal policy trick" of UBI is the cost of everything going up doesn't matter if you're given more money to pay for it. Keeping pace with inflation rather than fighting it.

ETA: government could subsidize (increase subsidies?) american production or manufacturing in tandem
Seven Costanza
AG
Ragoo said:

Seven Costanza said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

I think we already have a wage/price spiral happening (people demanding higher wages in response to higher expenses, making costs go up for employers, resulting in higher prices that increases demand for higher wages).

With UBI, I assume that even fewer people would be willing to work, resulting it less production (and higher prices due to lack of supply) and increased difficulty in finding workers, resulting in higher wages and again higher prices. And the more UBI you throw at it, the faster that accelerates.
First Page Last Page
Page 5297 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.