Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,036 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some guy on this thread a couple weeks ago had a real Barnes feel to him..
irish pete ag06
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

That's beautiful. Impressive that guy found him out on a different website from 6 yrs prior!

Insecure dude for sure.
I am never ceased to be amazed at how true the old quote rings... "Texags knows stuff."
JbKing45
Seven Costanza said:

McInnis 03 said:

Elon could buy WWR with the change in his couch.

Not shares. Buy Wes****er Resources.
It is an interesting question. If this is as valuable as people think it can be, why hasn't someone bought it already? It is currently a company that does absolutely nothing.

Too many ingress/egress issues to the site and low probability that a mine gets approved that close to the lake.
DDSO
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Some guy on this thread a couple weeks ago had a real Barnes feel to him..

LMCane, maybe?
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

That's beautiful. Impressive that guy found him out on a different website from 6 yrs prior!

Insecure dude for sure.
I can't remember the thread title and it may have been deleted but F16 solved the race hoax within an hour and demanded President Young pay F16 the $1,200 reward he put up to find the perpetrators. He never did but he was bludgeoned with it for months afterward. It's an entertaining thread to read.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Remind me not to participate in MLPs going forward.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
ibdm98
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Remind me not to participate in MLPs going forward.

F the tax man (IRS)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Re: MF Barnes. If you're class of 82, you're 62 years old. Pretty old to need internet approval. The last thing I want is people to think I'm rich.
ProgN

Re: MF Barnes. If you're class of 82, you're 62 years old. Pretty old to need internet approval. The last thing I want is people to think I'm rich.
Some of the wealthiest people I've met made their wealth through hard work, humble and never talked about money. Some wore Dickies work clothes and drove an old work truck. Some ignorant people would see them and see a bum not knowing that they could buy their "rich flashy" friends 10 times over. My experience has shown me the braggadocious people couldn't make a pimple on the ass of the quiet humble ones.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
ProgN said:

Some of the wealthiest people I've met made their wealth through hard work, humble and never talked about money. Some wore Dickies work clothes and drove an old work truck. Some ignorant people would see them and see a bum not knowing that they could buy their "rich flashy" friends 10 times over. My experience has shown me the braggadocious people couldn't make a pimple on the ass of the quiet humble ones.
Wealthy enough to own a Rolex, man enough to wear a Timex.
ProgN
Ragoo
AG
I wear a Garmin Fenix 5x
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I have a close banker friend in Charlotte, NC. He knows me well - and he peeks in here from time to time. He rides my butt about style (or lack of) and christened me with that title. I like to eff with him when I can. One day I was in the Flint, MI airport waiting for my plane. I was talking to him on the phone and told him I had just picked up some Far Niente wine and had it in my carry-on (I didn't tell him I won it,..just yet). He's a wine aficionado and he's raving about this stuff and just perplexed how some Texas redneck could know about Far Niente wine. Then he hears me order a hot dog and a coke. He said, "What the hell is wrong with you? A hot dog and a coke and you got freakin' Far Niente wine in your carry-on?" He continued, "Why don't you step up your order to something nice and open that wine up? Goodness, I can't believe you're such a red neck." He was strokin' and I was laughing. ... Couple days later I came clean, told him I won those couple bottles of Far Niente ($500 each), with a $5 raffle ticket. I don't know if the airport meal or the $5 raffle ticket winner was the bigger shock, but it was funny as hell. ... Yeah, I wear a Timex, but it's got a helluva nice wrist band on it.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy
Let's talk about the transport sector. DJT is the Dow transport sector.

It's basically had a near vertical drop over the past 4-6 wks. Is this due to demand destruction from gas prices? There has been a small relief bounce recently but certainly not a robust recovery.

Is this a harbinger of a big pullback in commerce and a coming recession or is this sector rotation? Seems to abrupt and severe/acute to be sector rotation but curious to see what others think.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It normally is, but it hasn't worked the last few times.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

I wear a Garmin Fenix 5x
I don't even own a watch, I just look at the shadows on the ground, lol
ProgN
Futures, although meaningless right now, are indicating a decent negative open. I'll be looking for a red to green day. I don't like it when retail is all rowing the same direction and the sentiment is very negative. Ukraine war hasn't escalated with WMDs and the Fed has already forecast 50 basis rate increases for the foreseeable future. I just don't see a catalyst to sink the markets right now. I'm not calling a bottom, but I'd advise against going short in the big names at this time. This has the feel of a trap to me. I have no data to back this up, it's just a feeling.
lobwedgephil
Who knows how we open, but this action so far just reaction to Asia which is getting crushed on inflation numbers,.
ProgN
ProgN said:

Futures, although meaningless right now, are indicating a decent negative open. I'll be looking for a red to green day. I don't like it when retail is all rowing the same direction and the sentiment is very negative. Ukraine war hasn't escalated with WMDs and the Fed has already forecast 50 basis rate increases for the foreseeable future. I just don't see a catalyst to sink the markets right now. I'm not calling a bottom, but I'd advise against going short in the big names at this time. This has the feel of a trap to me. I have no data to back this up, it's just a feeling.
Within seconds of that post, SPY spiked down.

ProgN
lobwedgephil said:

Who knows how we open, but this action so far just reaction to Asia which is getting crushed on inflation numbers,.
True, but things are in oversold territory and I'm not seeing anything new that would sink it to previous lows, JMO.
McInnis 03
AG
NIO suspending production on supply chain

Down 9% in Hong Kong markets
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ProgN said:

lobwedgephil said:

True, but things are in oversold territory and I'm not seeing anything new that would sink it to previous lows, JMO.

I agree - at least not for this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a scary red Monday and then after everyone loads up on puts we have green or chop Tuesday and Wednesday. OPEX week.

If we drop tonight, I'll wish I'd held on to more VIX calls or bought more TSLA put flies.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Have Rolex, wear Apple Watch.

We can sell puts in Nio.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4460 is the key level to hold. Otherwise 4420, maybe 4385 before a bounce. I think we see low 4400s and mid 4500s this week.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am no expert on Chinese politics but here are three situations I can think of:

1) they're deeply committed to their zero Covid policy and will do anything to save face / prove that the western handling of it wasn't better

2) something more serious is over there that they don't want to disclose. I see this as less plausible but an option

3) highly vulnerable population. Low immunity, crappy sinovax, nobody to work.

They're going to crash their economy.
BaylorSpineGuy
YANG gang time?
insulator_king
AG
When I wore a watch, it was a pocket watch, from my time in the Corps of Cadets.

Now i just look at the computer or cell phone, but really, other than that I don't really care what time it is.
Ag13
AG
Musk no longer joining Twitter board. Hostile takeover coming?

austinAG90
AG
Ditto.
Red Red Wine
AG
Was told second hand that China is playing a crude game. Actually - crude oil.

These lockdowns tank the price of oil and China has a large position dependent on spot crude pricing. So they announce these lockdowns, drop oil prices, buy what they need and oila - Bobs your Uncle and cheaper crude is on the water.

Anyway that's what I was told by someone that is likely to be probably right on this one. . (His background would indicate strongly that he would know, but won't fine it to protect his confidence).
SW AG80
AG
ProgN said:

Did you grow up in west Texas?
cptthunder
ProgN said:
I love this haha…I can't find the song right now but the gist is a old man on a front porch of a small town square rocking back and forth and you would never know that he could buy in cash every flashy truck and boat that drives by but they all just think he's an old farm hand. That's my goal in life and it's taken years but I've finally got my wife on board with the right mind set so know all I have to do when she starts taking with the "jones" or looking over the fence is "front porch" and it grounds her again when it comes to purchases

Edit: I replied to the wrong post…
MaroonDynasty
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Feeling motivated today. On call but trying to clean up the house. My neighbor and I built a 14 ft craps table 2.5 yrs ago and we are getting rid of it today. A nostalgic morning for sure.

This is awesome.
RangerRick9211
AG
I don't want to be a financial martyr. When I was younger I enjoyed the underdog optics. But was a total miser and it hurt our young marriage.

I really learned to not give a **** what people thought and focus on my family's happiness and well-being. Most of the time that comes with a premium. Label me a Jones. I really don't care. We save plenty and are well ahead of pace to FIRE at 40. Time will be my stealth wealth!
First Page Last Page
Page 5279 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.