Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,534 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BourbonAg said:

Quote:

I just picked up 30 bags of mulch.
I feel ya. We ordered 3000 lbs of mulch yesterday and my wife said "we" can put it out. Wild Turkey 101 for me tonight.

This is my second 30 bag purchase l. Going to need about 30 more to do the front beds
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm way behind on updating the 50K account. I think we are about -1K this week. I need to get my income taxes done and that's been taking most of my admin time.

ACB - okay. We are about even on it. We can keep getting premium off it.
DKNG - sold off a lot. But I'm okay to keep. I think it will have its day again
CWH - honestly not horrible. We are within a buck of our base and we will keep hitting for premium.
OXY - good
OSTK - this has sold a lot but it has good premium. Our basis is 43.5.
MARA - oversold and punished. Our basis is 27.5. Should bounce
URA - good. Want $30
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Post removed:
by user
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

Brewmaster
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

damn, you really are broke drinking that swill! lol, j/k.

Been spreading mulch the past week or so, switched to pine bark over here in B/CS. Hardwood just breaks down every year and you have to put down more. Pine bark has been so much better! and I've had less weeds.
BrokeAssAggie
I should try that next year
cgh1999
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Red mulch? Isn't that what swingers use?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Have fun banging Miguel's mom tonight.
austinAG90
AG
I had so much fun writing last night I figured I'd try and do a story a week…..I'm close enough to the finish line and any and all statue of limitations have expired……so I mentioned Worldom Bonds where we were the street axe….

I go to Dallas with a salesman who covered a distressed hedge fund up there. We go to their office and talk credit and they are trying to tell me how Worldom was their find and they had the best model and wanted a controlling position….well I of course didn't tell them that one of our buyers - who also wanted a controlling position was Carlos Slim…. He wanted Worldom along with our other two buyers…so meeting turns into dinner and we are sitting there and this funds head trader (sip jerk as it turned out) tells me he wants to work with us and he would make Worldom bond markets and let us make a 1/16 on each trade…..one of the first things I was ever taught on the trading side was that clients don't make markets….trading desk do….so I listen and say sure we should try that…couple days later news comes out on Worldcom- after Market and we knew it was coming - it was actually positive if you read it correctly but unfortunately our afore mentioned sip trader thought it would bring bonds in….he calls me and says he wants to make the market 22-23 $25mm up and I say I will work it….call him back in 2 minutes and tell him he sold 25mm at 23….he basically said sh*t and said ok make them 21.5-22.5 $25mm up….called him back 2 minutes later and told him he sold another 25mm at 22.5….he was nuts asking what I knew and why were people buying as he thought he would be the buyer… he then goes and tells me he knows how to put a lid on this and says make the market 19-20 $50mm up…I said you sure your good with that and he says yes I'm the f*cling head trader here and do what I tell you to do…hung up and called back in 2 minutes (2 is my favorite number and also used it in on call backs) and said you sold $50mm at $20….he told me done and then to FO...I then sold those bonds to Carlos Slim at $24 for close to a $3mm profit….I put that shop in the penalty box and never did another trade with them…..he later found out why he would never had been able to buy a Worldcom bond from us and asked me about it….reminded him that if he hadn't been such a d*ck I would have let him have some crumbs…..never spoke with him again but did run up against him again on a few future credits….results were surprisingly similar…..

Have a great weekend guys and enjoy the Masters…went in 2014 for Thursday-Sunday and was so special…favorite weekend of the year as it is also my daughters bday on Sunday……if you want to have some fun google Nextwave Spectrum vs FCC……I was so far up that credit and case will be next Friday story… that one I will need to be on my computer not phone…:
AgEng06
AG
I understood about as much of that as I do your morning updates, but I still appreciate you posting both of them.
RangerRick9211
AG
TLDR.

But the dude needs to lose his period key.
austinAG90
AG
Noted……
texsn95
AG
Has SOFI bottomed out?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Don't lose the period. Dude didnt even read your post..."TLDR" was the reply.

If you have been in trading any length of time, you know ... is a staple. Doane, IMO, really put the ... in the public realm.
Ive been around a while. I started when TELEX was dying out. All caps typing meant something entirely different than "shouting" as proclaimed today by social media. ... Don't be swayed in your style.

Nice job! Interesting read. Looking forward to the rest. Have my MCI WorldCom clock proudly keeping time in my garage.
Brewmaster
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

TLDR.

But the dude needs to lose his period key.
your loss then... lazy arse.... It was a great story...

Brewmaster
AG
texsn95 said:

Has SOFI bottomed out?
are interest rates going down? and are they a profitable company? not trying to be sarcastic, but any growth name in this market is on the chopping blocks (especially if they're not raking in cash). I wouldn't hold any of them long except for a short swing. Unfortunately, FUBO is a perfect example too.
BaylorSpineGuy
AustinAg's stories are great! I wasn't aware there was a statute of limitations on a financial trade being disclosed? That's interesting.

This is a great thread with great people. We absolutely have to have a get together. We all come from different walks of life and have different professions now, and I certainly can't speak for all, but it seems the common theme here of people on this thread is that everyone has pretty much had to work super hard to get where they are. Not a lot of silver spoons in mouths here.

That's certainly my case. My dad shared a bed with 2 brothers. 8 people, 1 roof, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath in middle of nowhere West Virginia. He did not go to college early on but taught himself programming and early computer concepts in the early 70s. He later got a college degree going to night school in the 80s. In those years, he worked for the Fed in Dallas. He worked for a number of companies in DFW after that, slowly improving his position but never "getting ahead". He and my mom (who is not formally educated and mostly cleaned houses while me and my brother were growing up) spent all their extra money to send us to a private school not super expensive school but quality education. They have to this date very few investments. My dad was forced to retire when his Parkinson's Dz became more severe about 5 yrs ago. He's now 71.

My story is basically a "head down, ass up" and plow the field kind of story. Just work super hard. Always did well academically and better than avg athletically (not anymore, now I'm fat :-( ). Became obsessed with neurosurgery after I got to work with a Peds Neurosurgeon while in Med school in Houston (he's an Aggie and one of the best dudes I've ever met). We don't talk much now but every time we do, I still feel in awe. It's like one of the gods has shined down and wants to talk to you I hope I have that effect on people some day, if not already!

Anyway….my first investments ever were last year. Bought AAPL in March and sold in Sept before it dropped. Should've bought back in! Bought ABBV at $106 and rode it to $120. It then fell back to $106. I got scared and sold. Tough lesson. Most of this year has been tough lessons (small caps are small for a reason they're ****ty companies usually).

We have to do a golf outing or a get together at some point. I'm in Arlington but would meet anywhere in DFW.

Last story. OA posted something on TWTR this morning and it made me remember something. Money was always tight when I was a resident. I had a few unfortunate and cruel things happen to me in residency and I ended up in detroit (which I loved, btw!). I started in Little Rock. When I moved, we couldn't sell our house and ended up renting it out (for a loss unfortunately). Money became more tight. My wife was taking care of our young daughters and I got a little extra money taking some call at an inner city hospital in detroit. But in my chief year, we had a couple unexpected bills one month, and our account was down to $0.08. Credit cards were fairly loaded and payday was still 9 days away. My wife and I scrounged and ate whatever was in the cabinets and we managed to get by! We went 9 days on $0.08, and then our auto insurance came out 1 min before my paycheck got sent over and I got hit with a $25 overdraft fee hahaha! We laugh now cause I'm blessed and making 10-15x what I made as a resident, but I will never forget what it means to be practically poor and barely get by! After finishing in Detroit, I was blessed to get to do a spine fellowship with Paul Park at University of Michigan he's one of the premier spine surgeons in the world and truly informed the way I take care of spine patients. Others intended to try and sabotage me in Little Rock things felt hopeless. God is GOOD, and what was intended to destroy me led me to one of the best experiences anyone could ever have and now I get to be on panels, publish spine papers, and have opportunity to give talks and moderate at major spine meetings. My oral
Board certification is 4 weeks from today.

Thanks Ags for starting this thread. My Baylor friends on our website don't seem so interested when I tried to generate something over there. Remember…Ags and Bears are generally cut from the same cloth. One is public and one is private. Our on the field battles over the years spilled into angst one toward the other, but y'all are some good dudes.

My story about having no money for 9 days also was reminded when 30K shared his story about cutting his teeth to get out of debt kudos to him for that and cheers to him for sharing his expertise now to grow more young traders. I got out of fellowship with $335K in loans/debt. I'm proud to be down to $60K now (in 2.5 yrs) with all remaining loans 2.75% or better!

I hope this thread goes to 10,000 pages. I intend to be there for it!!
BaylorSpineGuy
Feeling motivated today. On call but trying to clean up the house. My neighbor and I built a 14 ft craps table 2.5 yrs ago and we are getting rid of it today. A nostalgic morning for sure.
BrokeAssAggie
We can get the wives to serve the bourbon
irish pete ag06
AG
Jumped on this thread about 2 years ago wholeheartedly and reading Austin Ag's post reminds me of this scene for me.

Still only at about the 2 minute mark in comprehension.
irish pete ag06
AG
Awesome story dude!
spud1910
AG
Keep them coming AustinAg! I enjoy the morning reports and your stories.
spud1910
AG
Great story BSG! Glad to have you here. Definitely remember the days of professional school and studying for boards.
FJ43
BSG you are appreciated on this board. I'm really glad you're here and few things move my heart more than seeing others succeed. Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats on a great journey and the success.

More to come I have no doubt.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Full disclosure: I was sure BSG was a Houstonag or MF Barnes sock when he first started posting.
BaylorSpineGuy
Bob Knights Liver said:

Full disclosure: I was sure BSG was a Houstonag or MF Barnes sock when he first started posting.

MF Barnes? Is that like MF Jones?

ProgN
Bob Knights Liver said:

You are so not invited to his Christmas parties in the future.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Fintwit very bearish….
BaylorSpineGuy
Last time they got like this on OpEx week, we had first green OpEx in 2 yrs. Repeat this week?
SF2004
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Fintwit very bearish….
Which means we probably rip...

Real price coming out soon!
irish pete ag06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Hardest working man in spinals
khkman22
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

+1 for MF Barnes
SoTXAg09
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

MF Barnes? Is that like MF Jones?

Oh man… mfbarnes is TexAgs famous for being a giant lying phony. Dude went to huge lengths to make himself look smarter and more successful than he actually was. Here's the thread where he was outed for a lot of his lies:
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2610710
It's a great read!
BaylorSpineGuy
That's beautiful. Impressive that guy found him out on a different website from 6 yrs prior!

Insecure dude for sure.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What was the last Barnes sighting?
First Page Last Page
Page 5278 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.