Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,606 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
G Money
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any one in here use Redler's VTF service? Curious about the experience/value.

I enjoy his 6:30 club on Twitter and really comes off as a sound trader. Try to follow his rules on the 8 and 21 day moving averages to keep me out of trouble.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
G Money said:

I enjoy his 6:30 club on Twitter and really comes off as a sound trader. Try to follow his rules on the 8 and 21 day moving averages to keep me out of trouble.

I have tried it and I am a member of Redler's private feed. I don't know if I will renew but that's only because I don't really use it much. I do like to see what he's trading though. The guy has a knack for finding stuff. I really should use it more.

FJ was a member, he still might be.

The thing with the VTF is you need to be able to watch it or listen to it all day to get value. I can't do that. I trade 8:30 - 9:30, will check in at lunch and get on a reversal if I see it. I also trade power hour.

If you email them, they will let you try it for free.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Scott is a better trader than me, but I am at a point where I want a major trader to work with me individually.

Trouble is that the greats don't do private lessons
G Money
AG
Thanks for the feedback.

I tried Shapiro for a while during the pandemic and got in more trouble than it helped me. He is more of an equity trader and I like the option plays.

I like looking for bullish setups where stock is above the 8 and 21 and contracting back to one of those levels. Not quite as good at playing to the downside.

Looks like you do some of the same when you sell puts at some of those levels.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Curious what you think you could gain from a "better" trader? Without getting into programming/algos do you really think you have much room for improvement that you wouldn't gain anyway if you decided to put 8hrs a day into it?

I'm thinking about the "analysis paralysis" post from several days ago. Nobody can use all the indicators and strategies that are out there, or even always know which one is perfect to apply at a given moment (other than in hindsight). Seems to me you have the knowledge, technical ability, and gut feel (experience) to kick most pro traders' butts, and do, even as a side gig. Here's another question: how often do you feel like you could have planned and executed a trade better, taking into consideration your capital preservation rules and risk tolerance?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's take someone like Linda Raschke. She could wipe the floor with me. They have seen more than I have and have a different perspective.

Same reason I have an executive coach. You can always be better.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ps - I think now is the time to short banks.
BrokeAssAggie
Rippy Monday

BaylorSpineGuy
Fits with inverted H&S on daily chart.
jimmo
G Money said:

I don't, but have been considering his service.
Got an email from them today w/ a buy 1 month/ get 1 month free.
Redler Deal
was thinking of trying the full package for ~300$.. just to see what's up
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Fair enough
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If you can watch it all day - use the VTF. If you can't watch all day, use Redler report.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
clinto
Any thoughts on gdx? The chart looks bullish to me but I don't have much experience trading gold related indexes, do you think we'll see some continuation ?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gold is gonna go. I'm in $BTG.

NEM has already gone
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
How I would play: long over that spike at 40.26, stop loss 38
clinto
Thanks 30k. I've been following this thread for the past year or so, I really appreciate y'all sharing your knowledge
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

market sometimes rallies, predictably at 12:30 central. Let's see if we get that.

How would a dude go about getting stats on something like this? Are there tools or a database with historical minute by minute bid/ask/last that i could download and tinker with? Or would i need to write a scraper to build that dataset?

I feel like there are a couple points in the day when rallies happen more often than not, and it would be neat to see if you could strengthen the correlation by finding that these bumps happen more often if the market has been down/flat/whatever up to that point (or down on the day, flat for the last 30min, etc)
lobwedgephil
Watch price action and volume.

Opening hour you have initial push, initial reversal attempt, direction winner.

10:00am Central, reversal of day trend attempt

10:30 London close, Wall Street lunch

1:00 Another trend continuation or reversal attempt

2:00 Power Hour

2:50 Algo

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Good stuff. The google shows algoseek.com, barchartsmarkettrader.com, and td may have 2 years of minute data available? Or $50 for what i need through stock-data-solutions.com
slacker00
AG
The spread pricing you are quoting is for Monday, that option has not yet expired. My platform says on Friday that option traded in a range of 1.92 - 3.64 after closing on Thursday at 9.72. I'm not sure your point or question.

It is always possible to have an option expire ITM and be a losing trade for you because of how option pricing works. For the trade people were making Friday, they were buying an option that expired the day they bought it. At the time it was a few strikes OTM and going to expire in about 3 hours. It finished well in the money. That exact scenario should almost always be a winner at the endpoint, but they took heat on their trade at several times before the end. It had turned green earlier, but if they had done nothing they were again sitting on a losing trade with 15 minutes to go.
Ccutamu
slacker00 said:

The spread pricing you are quoting is for Monday, that option has not yet expired. My platform says on Friday that option traded in a range of 1.92 - 3.64 after closing on Thursday at 9.72. I'm not sure your point or question.

It is always possible to have an option expire ITM and be a losing trade for you because of how option pricing works. For the trade people were making Friday, they were buying an option that expired the day they bought it. At the time it was a few strikes OTM and going to expire in about 3 hours. It finished well in the money. That exact scenario should almost always be a winner at the endpoint, but they took heat on their trade at several times before the end. It had turned green earlier, but if they had done nothing they were again sitting on a losing trade with 15 minutes to go.

I was just using the Apr 4 spread as an example. Let me rephrase my question using your range above. If I had bought the 453C at 2.50 and held it until the close and the B/A spread was 2.00 and 3.00. Is there any way to know what my call would settle at?
slacker00
AG
Ah yes, I wasn't understanding your question. I'm pretty sure the settlement price (for PM expiring options) is based on the last traded price of the index.

So in your specific case, if your call was ITM at expiration you would take the index close price minus your strike price and have your rough value. So if you had a Friday expiration 453C into close, you'd get 454.59 - 453 = 1.59.

The numbers I had in my prior post were for the 4 Apr option that you mentioned. The 1 APR option traded between .21 and 2.5 on the day. It was at 2.5 at open but spent most of the day trading below 1.5.
Brewmaster
AG
not to derail, but figured I'd offer and ask this here first if any of you know someone or have a college student or similar that fits this:

Looking to hire a part time person that knows CAD well. Well as in very proficient/ fast. This would be a great gig for a student or somebody's relative/ stay at home mom etc. I can only promise 10-15 hours a week, but some weeks might be more, some less. starting pay would be $20/hr, like an internship, but will go up after I get them up to speed on what I do (landscape design, I'm a landscape architect).

I've about given up on trying interns here from A&M's department. They're almost always anything but detail oriented. You can ask for 7 things on a pretty simple project and get 4 of them back. I did have one last year though that was phenomenal, but he has been the exception.
twelfthman01 at gmail - I'll forward to my work email once we start communication.

Now let's make some dough this week! markets about to rippy!
lobwedgephil
May put in a right shoulder first, but the "rippy" is probably coming.
BaylorSpineGuy
So….am trying to add some additional indicators in my charting/TA. Do you all prefer to use RSI or StochRSI or is there value in both?

One of the stocks I am following shows an RSI of 67 but a StochRSI of 4.77. It's trading well above its 21 SMA but about 10 cents below the 8 SMA.

CMRE is the stock. It has emerged from C&H pattern. And it looks like a flag/falling wedge pattern. 17 seems to be a support. A number of long wicks recently below $17 but it has recovered each time.

Would appreciate some advice. Thanks
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I haven't used stockRSI. To me it seems more useful if used as part of a screen for setups to take a closer look at, since it reaches standard values related to recent momentum. However, I'd rather look at RSI if I'm looking closely at a stock. The sensitivity of stochRSI to the timeframe you set is one of the reasons I haven't used it much. If someone wanted to look through RSI data to test the optimum timeframe, it could be a useful tool.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

So….am trying to add some additional indicators in my charting/TA. Do you all prefer to use RSI or StochRSI or is there value in both?

One of the stocks I am following shows an RSI of 67 but a StochRSI of 4.77. It's trading well above its 21 SMA but about 10 cents below the 8 SMA.

CMRE is the stock. It has emerged from C&H pattern. And it looks like a flag/falling wedge pattern. 17 seems to be a support. A number of long wicks recently below $17 but it has recovered each time.

Would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Indicators show what was or is vs what will be. Closest I have found to what will be is Fisher Transformation.

I just use regular RSI but it's not the main thing I look at. I really only look at volume and price.
Philip J Fry
AG
I consider RSI for selling. EMAs for buying.
jimmo
came across this indicator on Drippy's twitter. (he uses it, but is not the creator)
supposedly plots ATR levels.

in theory, above blue line = call/ buy trigger
below the gold line = puts/ sell trigger
the video explaining it was interesting.
video
it's for TOS or Tradingview
here's the link ATR levels if your interested
Carlo4
AG
Thoughts on PCRIX?

It's been, by far, the best index in my available 401k over the last year at 38% return based on commodity contracts.
Ornithopter
AG
BREwmaster said:

not to derail, but figured I'd offer and ask this here first if any of you know someone or have a college student or similar that fits this:

Looking to hire a part time person that knows CAD well. Well as in very proficient/ fast. This would be a great gig for a student or somebody's relative/ stay at home mom etc. I can only promise 10-15 hours a week, but some weeks might be more, some less. starting pay would be $20/hr, like an internship, but will go up after I get them up to speed on what I do (landscape design, I'm a landscape architect).

I've about given up on trying interns here from A&M's department. They're almost always anything but detail oriented. You can ask for 7 things on a pretty simple project and get 4 of them back. I did have one last year though that was phenomenal, but he has been the exception.
twelfthman01 at gmail - I'll forward to my work email once we start communication.

Now let's make some dough this week! markets about to rippy!

I don't think that person you're looking for is going to be available for just $20/hour. You're competing in a marketplace with a reasonably developed gig economy.
Philip J Fry
AG

Can't really tell a difference between this week's top20 and the one I've been showing for the past month.

I did sell KEY for a loss when it dipped below the 120ema support line instead of rebounding. I plan on replacing it with Colgate. Looks like an easy 10%.

Not on the official list is PM. Also looks like it's getting ready to swing.

cgh1999
AG
Twitter shares soar more than 25% after Elon Musk takes 9% stake in social media company.

Outspoken Tesla CEO Elon Musk purchased a giant stake in Twitter that makes him the largest outside shareholder in the social media stock, not long after criticizing the company for failing to uphold the tenets of free speech.

Musk owns 73,486,938 shares of Twitter, which represents a 9.2% passive stake in the company, according to the Securities and Exchange Commission 13G filing released Monday. The stake is worth $2.89 billion, based Twitter's closing price on Friday.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I feel like a dumbass for not grabbing some TWTR shares or calls after Elon send out his tweet about Twitter whether Twitter allows for free speech.
FJ43
Mornun gents!

Green around the horn.

Light trading week for me again. I'd expect chop with FOMC this week.

Be safe and trade wisely!

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 5256 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.