Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,093 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
preliminarily looks like a dump into close. 451.65 is pivot for last 40 mins.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Question about options trading? If you are carrying longer dated options on a company and they announce a dividend or ex div, the price of the stock usually moves up the dividend amt the day before ex div right? It moves down following the dividend typically.

Does carrying an option in the direction of the move benefit the option holder? For example, if a company declares a one time special div, won't that raise the price of the stock before the ex div and therefore the price of the option?

Would appreciate any clarification. Thanks
in a vacuum, yes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

preliminarily looks like a dump into close. 451.65 is pivot for last 40 mins.
I am thinking about BOQ flows. Not taking any unless we get over that number.
jwhitlock3
What is BOQ flows?
jwhitlock3
Edit: double post
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
okay----possible we're gonna go here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
beginning of quarter
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
tricky. can't tell yet.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this just feels like it's going to go up. Just a hunch.
Brewmaster
AG
sub 450 coming feels like to me, but what do i know, lol
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
don't buy until confirmation.
jwhitlock3

don't buy until confirmation.

I need this as my desktop background along with "size appropriately" and my account would be so much better off.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this may be a nothing burger, but if we're gonna see flows, they're gonna happen now.
Brewmaster
AG
is this one of those days where they run it at 2:59? i hate those!
ProgN
"Just when the 2022 recruiting cycle was coming to a close, five-star defensive lineman Lebbeus Overton announced his plans to reclassify and sign in the 2022 class.

On Friday, at halftime of the GEICO National High School basketball tournament on ESPN2, Overton announced his choice, choosing Texas A&M over fellow finalists Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Oregon.

The Milton (GA) standout was a strong contender for the nation's top overall prospect in the 2023 class, and even in the class of 2022, he is a five-star and regarded as one of the top defenders in the country.

At 6-foot-4.5, 265-pounds, Overton brings a unique blend of size, power, agility and skill. He has been a relentless playmaker in the trenches regardless of his alignment, and he has experience in everything from a two-point stance to a four and lining up both inside and outside on the defensive front.

Overton's decision comes on the heels of his official visit to Texas A&M. He also took official visits to Oregon and Georgia. He had official visits scheduled to Oklahoma and Ohio State in April but has canceled the trips.

Texas A&M has been a strong contender throughout the recruiting process. The family has strong ties to Texas A&M and College Station, and Overton has had a relationship with Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher since the sixth grade when he attended a camp at Florida State.

Texas A&M defensive line coaches Terry Price and Elijah Robinson have led Texas A&M's recruiting efforts, and with his commitment, Overton becomes the 30th member of Texas A&M's 2022 No.1 ranked recruiting class."
BrokeAssAggie

this may be a nothing burger, but if we're gonna see flows, they're gonna happen now.

Here we go!!
McInnis 03
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
that 4530 call I took is gonna pay. Stop set for $12.

That's a 6 bagger.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Went ahead and sold at 17. Good way to end the day.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
if you made money from anything I did today:

FAZ
SPX
XSP

Please give some money to someone less fortunate than you.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Xsp calls ftw
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Did you work in foodservice 30k?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Yes. I came from nothing.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
15 bagger on my 453 xsp calls!!!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Fkn rad man. Seems like you believe strongly in "giving back" and i feel very fortunate to be on the receiving side of that here
Brewmaster
AG

15 bagger on my 453 xsp calls!!!
damn son! nice! I should listen when 30k calls it out, 30k is THE MAN.
made a little money at the close, but not my week

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've got some 452s in another account. Lemme see what those did
Edit: nevermind that was just the wonky spread messing with me. 322% on 453s 150% on the 452s
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Fkn rad man. Seems like you believe strongly in "giving back" and i feel very fortunate to be on the receiving side of that here
real talk for a minute.

I have worked hard and overcome hurdles to get where I am. Not as difficult as some, more difficult than others. I think everyone has. I would not have "gotten to the top" if it were not for people that cared and helped me along the way. Most of those people didn't have to, they did it because they are good people. I am incredibly blessed, fortunate, and I've gotten damn lucky on occasion. I have the luxury of being able to buy almost anything I want. I don't have the stress about paying for bills, having access to medical treatment, or dealing with the emergencies life throws at us. I saw on here that someone had a $20K AC bill. That will decimate most people. I like to help people who really need it and bring a small bit of joy into a life that is probably harder than mine.

You can't take it to the grave with you.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
hard conditions to trade. I had a positive week, but yesterday sucked.
Jet Black
Based on nothing but I feel like NIO is going explode one of these days.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Yes. I came from nothing.
Would you be open to sharing your story and financial path?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Real talk part 2 and I want you all to take this to heart:

Every one of you can be a successful trader or investor if you suffer the losses (seriously) and put the time in to perfect the craft. There is no one way to trade. What all great traders do is:

• Manage risk
  • Don't FOMO
  • Take shots when the setup is right, even if it doesn't work out
  • Learn from your mistakes
  • Continuously reinvent yourself
  • Know when not to trade

I am dead serious about the suffering losses part. It is part of the journey and I would argue the real journey is when you come back from soul crushing defeat. I've had losses so big I couldn't look at the market for 3 months. I'm sure there are some traders that didn't go through this. I'm not one of them. My greatest growth came after.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
at a high level: grew up in a house where I wasn't encouraged to do anything with my life, didn't really get much help post high school, went to college to get out of my home town (seriously), made major financial mistakes and got into debt, worked my way out of it and committed to learning how to manage my own money. Sheer hard work and sacrifice. That's it.

By sacrifice I am talking living dirt cheap, driving a crap used car, no cable, no vacations, nothing until I got out of debt. My big break was selling a software deal that had life changing commissions.
AgEng06
AG
30K dropping some serious nuggets today (and throughout this thread in general). Thank you sir for being so willing to help others.
First Page Last Page
Page 5254 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.