Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,729 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Happygilmore20
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

So....what did y'all do with the close?

Long or short?

I'm long SPY. So we will probably gap down in the morning
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Long energy. Mostly cash.
gougler08
AG
Basically all options off for me
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

CIDM you beautiful little beast!
One of the easier trades IMO.
yes sir! bought a bunch, still wish I'd got more.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

So....what did y'all do with the close?

Long or short?
completely flat. At this level, we may just chop now for a day or 2.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Buncha cheap spy spreads to 466 for friday, sold puts on crwd, bought some ostk at 47 when 30k mentioned it after close. Still have my aapl puts :/
lobwedgephil
Cash mostly, tomorrow probably pretty choppy with end of quarter window dressing. May run a bit, but will be establishing short position 4640-4680 for next few weeks.
cptthunder
McInnissss
Did you ever end up trying out the mini crude futures? Seems like this could be a good time to grab a couple contracts as President dumb dumb decides to drain more of our strategic reserves
FJ43
Scalping/Trading account for me:
60% cash, trimmed swing trading shares, net free options for 4/14 (except BAC not net free) and took SPY 460c long on weeklies at 457 reclaim intraday yesterday.

Long account: 30% cash, trimmed trading shares off, selling covered calls and mining premium.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

Cash mostly, tomorrow probably pretty choppy with end of quarter window dressing. May run a bit, but will be establishing short position 4640-4680 for next few weeks.

Think that's a good spot to hedge up and go short. Especially out a ways.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
cptthunder said:

McInnissss
Did you ever end up trying out the mini crude futures? Seems like this could be a good time to grab a couple contracts as President dumb dumb decides to drain more of our strategic reserves

I have traded the very illiquid /QM futures as I like that they're cash swttled, I don't have to worry about taking delivery of tankers of oil if something goes awry lol
FJ43
Wont get to do many trades today. 2 for y'all to evaluate.

RMO
I noticed the chart and volume at 7:55pm EST. Bought at 7:59 a starter position a minute before AH close at 1.59. I'll cut if loses 1.28.

CRM
May go back in the well on CRM 4/14 230c. Holding net free already.

Trade wisely today gents !

clinto
What are y'all's thoughts on OXY and energy stocks in general?
ProgN
Barklays downgraded AMD
Bonfire1996
AG
ProgN said:

Barklays downgraded AMD
So dumb. It's already been hammered.
McInnis 03
AG
ES has been supported by it's 750 EMA (5 min, yes it's a thing) 4 times since last Thursday. (My yellow line)

It just did it again.

BaylorSpineGuy
McInnis 03 said:

ES has been supported by it's 750 EMA (5 min, yes it's a thing) 4 times since last Thursday. (My yellow line)

It just did it again.

Is that sorta like the 350 MA? ;-).
ProgN
Bonfire1996 said:

ProgN said:

Barklays downgraded AMD
So dumb. It's already been hammered.

Agreed
BrokeAssAggie
So we green today..
austinAG90
AG
Oil Release Plan Coupled with Month End... and JPM Reversal Call...Treasuries UP

The big move catalyst overnight was the talk that the Biden administration is going to release 1 million barrels a day of oil for the next few months... We are very skeptical that the infrastructure even exists to do this much and wonder why we are using a "strategic" reserve for political purposes towards inflation.. Whatever your view, oil is lower and treasuries higher... Equities are flattish... Month end reallocations favor bonds versus equities, but we think that will start to reverse after month end. We expect a strong employment number tomorrow, which will give the Fed more room to be aggressive over the next few months... JPM has altered their Fed call according to an "old" partner of mine who just sent the following

"JPM Blames An "Itchy Fed" Seeking To Make A Point For Shift to 50 Bps ..At May and June…"not economic data"

* New Fed Appointees by June" May Return Pace to "Measured "

We do not put much credence in their rationale, but we made an hour presentation to a bank client yesterday where we said about the same thing... 125 basis of raises by the time that the July Fed meeting ends... Then a slow down of rate rises... Not only does it take time for the raises to make it through the economy, we have already seen a major move in mortgages, where the Bank Rate.com mortgage rate has gone from 3.27 to 4.89 from the end of last year to today... Many mortgage borrowers are already looking at 5% rates... This will slow down the affordability of many looking for homes... Our mortgage friends see a 16% drop in qualifying buyers...

Fed George yesterday was very interesting if you value what the Fed is going to do with balance sheet reduction and the curve... We sent the headlines yesterday but read an interesting analysis in the "Financial Post" yesterday... Remember the KC Fed has done the most work on the Fed balance sheet so it MAKES SENSE TO LISTEN TO GEORGE... We quote two paragraphs from the article

She is talking about using the balance sheet to manage the yield curve... She wants it much steeper... Here are a few excerpts from the article

"The balance sheet will need to decline significantly," she said, citing the "distortive effects" the Fed's nearly $9 trillion in holdings are having on financial markets. She said those holdings may have depressed 10-year Treasury yields by as much as 1.5 percentage points. "The interaction of higher policy rates with a large balance sheet will need to be considered," George said. "Raising short-term rates while the balance sheet continues to depress longer-term yields will contribute to a flattening and inversion."

As the Fed plans to hike short-term interest rates, she said, that could make an inversion even more likely UNLESS THE FED ALSO RAISES LONG TERM RATES BY RUNNING DOWN ITS BALANCE SHEET "SIGNIFICANTLY" ."

So here is the Fed saying they will use the reduction of the balance sheet to keep the yield curve steeper... And that 10 years SHOULD BE 150 BASIS HIGHER, because of Fed buying... So there is your 4% 10 year... One has to factor this in...

New issues.. 4 borrowers yesterday in IG to price just under 10 billion..3.2 x oversubscribed.. Concessions 6.2 basis... Week total approaching the projection of 20-25 billion.

Today is month end and quarter end... FADE THE BIGGER MOVES... New month starts tomorrow with a hefty expectation of employment... Do not believe the longevity of the oil release on markets... Ukraine continues to death and destruction... We can't believe the articles that say Putin does not know what is going on... He is preparing to increase his attacks and then go after other countries after Ukraine... Not over by a long shot.
Jet Black
Is the house voting on the weed bill tomorrow? Any upward movement in sndl, acb, cgc before then expected?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Jet Black said:

Is the house voting on the weed bill tomorrow? Any upward movement in sndl, acb, cgc before then expected?

SNDL just acquired the largest liquor retailer in Canada. Sale finally closed last night I believe. Getting some good action this morning. Let's see if it can break $0.80 and hold today. It keeps bumping it and falling. If it holds we should see that $1 pretty quick
Brewmaster
AG
are you trimming CIDM at levels or are just holding til it moon shots? (1.20's last time)
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If SPX holds above 4590-4595 I'll probably get back in to the BAC calls. I may look to go out a week or so this time.
ProgN
Releasing oil reserves to combat rising oil prices instead of removing the constraints on our own oil industry is insane.
cptthunder
ProgN said:

Releasing oil reserves to combat rising oil prices instead of removing the constraints on our own oil industry is insane.
I think most would have a very different idea of the definition of strategic means
Stupid people make my insides feel funny
FTAG 2000
AG
ProgN said:

It's a feature, not a bug, for this administration.
BrokeAssAggie
cptthunder said:

ProgN said:

I think most would have a very different idea of the definition of strategic means
Stupid people make my insides feel funny

Those reserves will need to be replaced so it really does nothing. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wonder which GS and Barclays clients want to buy AMD?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It just did it again.

2nd shot here.......right at open too.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4590 and 4565 are your key support levels on ES. Those are holding back 4400. 4620 is your upper resistance. No conviction between 4590 and 4620
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

4590 and 4565 are your key support levels on ES. Those are holding back 4400. 4620 is your upper resistance. No conviction between 4590 and 4620
Would not be shocked to see a break down to 4565 early and then a runup to catch some shorties offsides, BUT it's the last day of the quarter. Yuck.

EDIT: Just noticed I have a sneaky line at 4580 on my chart.......Minor S/R
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Would not be shocked to see a break down to 4565 early and then a runup to catch some shorties offsides, BUT it's the last day of the quarter. Yuck.

EDIT: Just noticed I have a sneaky line at 4580 on my chart.......Minor S/R
Would playing VIX today be a good one, assuming some volatility for month and quarter end?
jwhitlock3
Agreed. 4595 has been tested so many times I don't see how it holds much longer. I went long at the close when we had the fake breakdown and recovered 4595 but the continuous testing is making me think we see 4565.
Thriller
AG

$BROS held its breakout today.

It has pretty large daily range, but this is either going to go or it's not very soon.
What's your target on this?
First Page Last Page
Page 5246 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.