Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,137 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
-800 on ticks.
Spoony Love
AG
I have SPY gap at 455.90? Partial fill ok?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
-1000 ticks
Thriller
AG
This is taking out my profit protection stops on several positions today. Thanks for the advice on those.
BrokeAssAggie
it's rally ass time or boobs
Ragoo
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

assman
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I just bought back the crm apr14 cc i had sold (small profit), sold crwd 220 puts for next fri for $5
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold my shirt term calls when SPx got below 4590. We might run back up, but I was worried about it filling that gap below. This really felt like a rolling over day to me, but let's keep letting the prices tell us instead of predicting market direction.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Ragoo said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

assman
Have a contact who's last name is spelled Assmann. I never asked him, but I would have gotten some mileage out of that setup.
BaylorSpineGuy
Random Driver: "the Assman in town?"

Kramer: "Yeah, you know it!"

59 South
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Ragoo said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

assman
Have a contact who's last name is spelled Assmann. I never asked him, but I would have gotten some mileage out of that setup.

Lots to digest here but a few thoughts…
- too bad I'm traveling and it's late and I'm on my mo-bile or I'd just reply with an appropriate gif
- I'm actually glad I have an average and top 20 common American surname instead of Assmann cause I'd probably have 3-5 monthly child support payments at the moment and I'd probably have married one of those money sucking *****s instead of my sugar mama wife…
- for the reasons above I'd probably be broke if I had that name and would have never been on this thread
BrokeAssAggie
quite the close here...
Spoony Love
AG
Now run it AH
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I made a little bit at the close buying the tick extreme. High risk to do that, by the way
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I made a little bit at the close buying the tick extreme. High risk to do that, by the way
sorry, I know it's been asked before, when does XSP settle? 15 after? looks like it will make a difference today! grabbed 1 call before the run at the close, buying into the blood
Fairfield_Ag
AG
Energy Transfer is really running...Thank you sweet baby Jesus.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

sorry, I know it's been asked before, when does XSP settle? 15 after? looks like it will make a difference today! grabbed 1 call before the run at the close, buying into the blood
3:00 PM on expiration day.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I missed the opportunity to sell more OSTK puts today.
Brewmaster
AG

good to know, had a 460C
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K account:

buying 100 shares of BROS at $62.

Stop loss $59.5
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$BROS held its breakout today.

It has pretty large daily range, but this is either going to go or it's not very soon.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Thinking about selling puts in $RH....

Thundergon
Bob Knights Liver said:

Madmarttigan said:

WWR strangely suppressed every time significant volume kicks up.

If I wanted to accumulate large quantities of a low volume stock, I would buy hard for a 30 minute period in the morning and then sell half those shares back over the remainder of the day. That way I could move the share price back down and do it again.

I'm not saying that's what this is - it could be pumpers or failed squeeze attempts with no volume to follow through.

TOS shows there are 41.1 million shares now, that's up from around 35 million end of last year. Seen where they have an ATM agreement to secure funding, but not sure why they would be selling near 52-week lows. It's been getting stuffed everytime it tries to rally so that might could be why. Volume today was huge, so either some whale is loading up using the strategy you've outlined, or they're just diluting from what I understand how that works. Think the reaction tomorrow to the defense bill discussion will be important.
CheladaAg
AG
Thundergon said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Madmarttigan said:

WWR strangely suppressed every time significant volume kicks up.

If I wanted to accumulate large quantities of a low volume stock, I would buy hard for a 30 minute period in the morning and then sell half those shares back over the remainder of the day. That way I could move the share price back down and do it again.

I'm not saying that's what this is - it could be pumpers or failed squeeze attempts with no volume to follow through.

TOS shows there are 41.1 million shares now, that's up from around 35 million end of last year. Seen where they have an ATM agreement to secure funding, but not sure why they would be selling near 52-week lows. It's been getting stuffed everytime it tries to rally so that might could be why. Volume today was huge, so either some whale is loading up using the strategy you've outlined, or they're just diluting from what I understand how that works. Think the reaction tomorrow to the defense bill discussion will be important.

Maybe it's OA selling CC's then selling his shares, then buying back at the dip after buying back his CC's.
jwhitlock3
My /ES stopped updating right at 4 today, anyone know why? I've tried /ES and /ESM22 (June contracts). SPY is working so I know TOS is going like it should.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Market closes from 5-6 eastern for maintenance. Will restart in 3 minutes.
jwhitlock3

Market closes from 5-6 eastern for maintenance. Will restart in 3 minutes.

TIL, thanks

Was this just a quarter end thing?
slacker00
AG
It closes the same time every weekday except on Friday it does not re-open. Instead it opens at 6 eastern on Sunday.
jwhitlock3
Futures? They're open 24/5 and reopen on Sunday at 5 CST like you said, this is the first time I've ever noticed them stop trading from 4 to 5pm on a weekday.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

CIDM you beautiful little beast!
One of the easier trades IMO.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

slacker00
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Futures? They're open 24/5 and reopen on Sunday at 5 CST like you said, this is the first time I've ever noticed them stop trading from 4 to 5pm on a weekday.
Only open 23 hours. This is an everyday thing, you somehow didn't notice.

https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/equities/sp/e-mini-sandp500.contractSpecs.html
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm out of those BAC calls. Stop was at the 10-sma. They were short term anyway. I lost $18 including fees.
I'm still holding.....bouncing fibs. Risky? Maybe. But just a trade.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

jwhitlock3
slacker00 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Only open 23 hours. This is an everyday thing, you somehow didn't notice.

https://www.cmegroup.com/markets/equities/sp/e-mini-sandp500.contractSpecs.html

I can't believe I've missed this, I had absolutely no idea and I'm floored by it, thanks for holding my hand through that!

I keep my charts on a 47" TV above my desk, so they're always up there. How I never noticed this before is beyond me.
FJ43
So....what did y'all do with the close?

Long or short?

First Page Last Page
Page 5245 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.