Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,812 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Chef Elko
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Th euphoria mentioned by 30k.

Plus, the fear and greed index has moved closer to neutral lately as compared to the fear it showed just last week.
jj9000
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

FOLKS

I AM SEEING EUPHORIA. URGING CAUTION. MANAGE SOME RISK.

yes we can gap up tomorrow. Don't give it all back. Take some gains, go net free, whatever.
There's the Pre-Covid 30K that we all know and love!!

Deep down there's a bear in there.
BourbonAg
AG

50K account. BABA 110P at 1.75. Stop 1
Do you leave your stops on overnight (GTC)?
McInnis 03
AG

FOLKS

yes we can gap up tomorrow. Don't give it all back. Take some gains, go net free, whatever.
My RSI2 and RSI2cummulative on daily SPY is WAY over 90 on both (Tremendously over bought), for a few days now, and QQQ is similar.

A cooloff is in order, but until it happens it ain't happened.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
jj9000 said:

FOLKS

My end of year target for SPY is 300
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
jj9000
AG

jj9000 said:

FOLKS

Pre-Covid 30K = Post-Covid 30K = Confirmed

gougler08
AG
I didn't have the balls to leave any TSLA calls overnight...I got in late so took modest gains before the close
Spoony Love
AG
Look, I hate people and mostly tolerate my own family, but I don't hate them this much.

Do you really think there is that much more pain to go? I was targeting more around 375 at the low. I think the Fed will at least manage to a flat result from here as best they can.

It's an honest question by the way. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts as well.
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

Look, I hate people and mostly tolerate my own family, but I don't hate them this much.

Do you really think there is that much more pain to go? I was targeting more around 375 at the low. I think the Fed will at least manage to a flat result from here as best they can.
What level I have no idea. But I think they do all they can through mid-term elections.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

Seems appropriate given the last few posts.

BaylorSpineGuy
I sold my SPY calls. I was starting to get the FOMO from everyone here today. Couldn't play along as I was in clinic, but then I bought those SPY calls and by the time I got back from my last patient, it had already reversed off that last kick for the day.

So I cut bait for like a $10 loss.

Agree that things feel overbought and trying to avoid the FOMO feeling.

300 SPY, eh? When do you think the big move down is? Tom Lee says stocks tend to trade flat to down during the first half of mid-term election years. Historically, the biggest drops have taken place in October (typically last half of October). March-May tends to be a good rally time.

How do u think it plays out? You're an expert and work high-up at a major corporation (if I remember correctly). You all tend to have good insight about market sentiment and market movement.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
300 probably isn't realistic. Sub 400 is. Lets see what happens in the next 2-3 weeks. that will tell the tale.

Monthly lows have been around the 24th of each month, so plenty of time this week. I'll post why I think a pullback is warranted shortly after I clear some meetings.
FJ43

This is the zone I posted a while back I will be watching. Much to see IMO TA wise.

irish pete ag06
AG

300 probably isn't realistic. Sub 400 is. Lets see what happens in the next 2-3 weeks. that will tell the tale.

Monthly lows have been around the 24th of each month, so plenty of time this week. I'll post why I think a pullback is warranted shortly after I clear some meetings.

Been a long time, fellas…

but I've got model T off the Covid low to the all time high at 346.
FJ43
This is why I went lotto puts for tomorrow.

FTAG 2000
AG
I went back and charted the last three years of SPY, and had 350ish and then 325ish as deep support. We lose 400 and it's a quick tumble.

I do think the feds will do all they can to keep the market up because if we crater there's nothing that is going to save the Dems in November.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

This is why I went lotto puts for tomorrow.

I'm in a small position out a week on SPY puts. JPow speaks tomorrow too. Yeah, boy are we overbought here.

there was a huge SPY May 460P bet today, 10 mil. (and yes in the money).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
In between meetings. We went from -2 to +2 in 2 weeks. that's a big move. I think a mean reversion, which also happens to be a breakout back test is needed before a greater move up.

Just my two cents.

McInnis 03
AG

BaylorSpineGuy
McInnis 03 said:

What does this mean? Talk to me in simple terms. Is this a reference to the Carl Icahn trade from a couple months ago where he bet like $2B on deep OTM calls when market was at like 4200?
bhanacik
AG
I was looking at OA's recent $BAC April call pick where he outlined some indicators he looks for and trying to find another example and came across $PEP. It is showing the same bottom pivot into an ascending triangle, increasing RSI and a 6-day breakout.

I was looking at the $172.50 calls on 4/14 - any thoughts on what I'm seeing?

McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

McInnis 03 said:

What does this mean? Talk to me in simple terms. Is this a reference to the Carl Icahn trade from a couple months ago where he bet like $2B on deep OTM calls when market was at like 4200?
You can google the "JPM Protective Collar" to get the gist, but it's hard to find a better explanation than this

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1444085220173623296.html

then go look at the SPX 3/31 expriy, look at the 3810p OI and the 4510p OI. Finally take a gander at the 4920c OI. This is the JPM collar and it affects how things end on 3/31, at least that's the thesis.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We do need to consolidate after the run the last 6-7 trading days. We could simply go sideways for a week or so and then continue upward. We have stopped tanking on bad news, so we might get that seasonal run. Yesterday holding after J Pow and then today a big green price movement day makes me pretty bullish for the next month or two. I still do think we are running on borrowed time and we'll have a bear cycle soon enough.
ibdm98
AG

jj9000 said:

FOLKS

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Is the end of the ukraine conflict still good for a 10% jump? Or is it priced in now?
Jet Black
Anyone still in MULN?
Thriller
AG
Talking out loud. Respond if you want, but mainly this is diarrhea of the keyboard, trying to learn and put my thoughts on "paper".

I'm trying to figure out when/where to take profits. I had a few positions in a 50K account at around 2K each. I bought these prior to jumping into the conversation and can't really tell you why I bought them except for the fact that i "felt" they had been hit too hard in recent months. "That's not a great reason to buy, but I do feel like it's a good reason to start research.

However, now that I have them, I'm trying to follow some of the recent guidance and lock in some profits, set some stops, and then reevaluate when/where to get invested again.

What I'm trying to avoid is selling for the same reasons I nought - gut feeling. I have the following (all long, no options yet).

TSLA: Bought at $790. I sold a fractional share at $911 (15% gain), leaving 2 shares. I sold another today at 25%, leaving 1. I'm tempted to put a stop in (where???) and just let it ride. Should I sell this last piece or let it ride?

NVDA: Bought 9 shares at $221. Sold 4 at $265 (~20%). Current stop is at B/E.

Similar sized positions in AMZN, AAPL, MSFT, DIS, FDX, APA, and LOW. Those aren't up enough to to sell (or are they - all less than 10%). Stops are set at 80% of entry price.

Companies on my radar from a macro perspecctive: CSX (or another railroad), KR, and possibly a bank (BAC maybe)

I also followed 30K into a couple of smaller plays for less than 1%.
FJ43
Jet Black said:

Anyone still in MULN?

I sold on this run up. But 3.69 then 4.88 look like SRs. . Chart looks good still IMO.
Jet Black
FJ43 said:

Jet Black said:

Anyone still in MULN?

I sold on this run up. But 3.69 then 4.88 look like SRs. . Chart looks good still IMO.

Thanks. Appreciate it.
FTAG 2000
AG
All the memes look to be running - GME, AMC, KOSS, PLTR, BBBY.

Maybe we can get an MVIS run too.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BourbonAg said:

50K account. BABA 110P at 1.75. Stop 1
Do you leave your stops on overnight (GTC)?
yes. We are either going to get stopped early or this is going to be a banger.
FJ43
bhanacik said:

I was looking at OA's recent $BAC April call pick where he outlined some indicators he looks for and trying to find another example and came across $PEP. It is showing the same bottom pivot into an ascending triangle, increasing RSI and a 6-day breakout.

I was looking at the $172.50 calls on 4/14 - any thoughts on what I'm seeing?

Rough take for you.

The yellow lines are SRs I drew in by hand on an iPad kinda quick. Then the light blue is a fib I added after and you can see how close they align.

The blue vertical and blue horizontal intersection with the small yellow circle would be ITM at 4/14 on your call selection.

Between here and there there is a lot of resistance levels to get through yet. Most importantly your just shy of Model T or the 50 fib. Typically the play was from the low to that point.

Model T then about 168 will be sporty in my opinion. Could still continue or could run sideways a bit to build after this move. If I was guessing it will consolidate between 165 and 162 before a move towards 168.

Edit: Grabbed RSI for you also. The turn looks good and has room before running too hot.

FJ43

Anyone ever tried these Fib based trend tensions? I removed the normal Fib off of PEP and did the 3 points. Low to high to low.

Interesting that 50% mark is about that 168 mark. It's pinging now at the 38%.

FJ43

On my short list.

AMD April 125C

wanderer
All weed plays up pretty big AH. Was something announced?
First Page Last Page
Page 5209 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.