Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,982 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still holding. I want to see SPY break below 449 soon. It gets to 450 I'm out
Dan Scott
AG
Out
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Weekly opex. My bias is neutral to down. Probably just a premium killing day.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Big candle here, are you excited? I'm not.
Dan Scott
AG
SPY rejected 21 EMA. And NVDA sucking at life.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Big candle here, are you excited? I'm not.
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

SPY rejected 21 EMA. And NVDA sucking at life.
NVDA put flow
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I shoulda held on to my VIX calls a little longer instead of selling at the open. Oh well. I think we'll get big chop, but nothing would surprise me today.
Engine10
AG
Engine10 said:

Touchless said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

WTI over $92. We will be back in the 100s before summer.
With VLO up against resistance over the last two years, if it keeps going up, I can see them pushing through it and moving pretty quick. This is the 3 year weekly.

Don't forget $VLO has the lead domestically on RD productions, huge margin lever for them especially now with cracks starting to open up. Have a ton of CAPEX focused here too for Port Arthur expansion, and the recent Louisiana expansion just came online last Q. Room to run here IMO.

VLO +5-6% from here and still crankin
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If SAVA is gonna go today, it needs some volume to come in. This looks a lot like 11/03 did to me. zzzz...
Dan Scott
AG
TSLA and NVDA are weak. I don't trust this market
bmoochie
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

If SAVA is gonna go today, it needs some volume to come in. This looks a lot like 11/03 did to me. zzzz...
Trying a few $60c lottos in case they decide to drop some new news to try and follow up the petition being thrown out. Hero or zero!
cptthunder
ROKU broke through the 30 min ORH and retested and now trying to push above again
If it gets a little macro tail wind it could push up fast
Picked up one 0DTE 175C for a lotto @ $0.50
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K account

Buy one XSP 450P for 1.55

Stop 0.8. Goal is to let cash settle.
sts7049
AG
PINS is looking tasty
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

50K account

Not loving the action but giving it room.
Dan Scott
AG
Today has been the epitome of taking singles. Been scalping the crap out of SPY between 449 and 450
cptthunder
Big buy on $BIGC
over 660K shares on the 1 minute

Just shy of $22 million in one click of a button
Max Stonetrail
Sold some AMD 115 puts for next week in retirement not trading account.

Trying to keep my finger off any Buy buttons.
FTAG 2000
AG
Dan Scott said:

Today has been the epitome of taking singles. Been scalping the crap out of SPY between 449 and 450

If you put woodies pivots and Mancini's levels on a chart and buy/sell calls and puts as the price approaches the levels, you can get hits.

AgEng06
AG

50K account

Please explain this one to me, if you don't mind. XSP is a Mini-SPX and by buying the put you are going short SPX. If the put closes ITM today you are paid cash based on the closing price yesterday and the dollars ITM. Is that correct?
Brewmaster
AG
VIX intraday, so far this is holding... (channel up)

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

McInnis 03 said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Pton earnings tomorrow.

This could be an inverted SNAP situation. Gigantic rumored runup today........may be worth a play (if you find value) to the downside.....but small small small small small.
That's balsy with a potential buyout from AMZN or NKE. PTON could **** the bed on earnings and not drop.
LoL, no, it's balsy if you're putting hay down. I'm talking about a $.50 fly or something.

Yo mcfly, did you decide to do this, and can you hold my hand and help me set me up my first fly?
Honestly, if i were to do it I'd pin it somewhere close to what it's at now, so either 30 or 31.

Let's say I think it ends this week close to $30....

I'd buy the $28c for this Friday, sell 2 of the $30c for this Friday, and buy the $32c for Friday and I'd look to pay less than $.30 for each butterfly. This would net a max of $2 by closing at $30.00 on Friday close for 9x or so return....but if it gets anywhere close to 3x-4x between now and then I'd start dumping.

Cometopapa.gif
Ragoo
AG
AG 2000' said:

Dan Scott said:

If you put woodies pivots and Mancini's levels on a chart and buy/sell calls and puts as the price approaches the levels, you can get hits.

are these studies somewhere?
Dan Scott
AG
Market is going to tank today. Too much pressure, eventually it will give. There is no leadership
FTAG 2000
AG
Ragoo said:

AG 2000' said:

Dan Scott said:

are these studies somewhere?
Woodies pivots is in TOS, not sure on other platforms.

I grab Mancini's levels from - https://twitter.com/AdamMancini4. Chart those fresh each day based on his morning premarket thoughts.

Irish 2.0
Dan Scott said:

Market is going to tank today. Too much pressure, eventually it will give. There is no leadership
Doubt it. 352 is my number on the QQQ for a tank
FTAG 2000
AG
Dan Scott said:

Sure feels heavy. So cue the press release that Bullard was off his rocker yesterday.
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Pton earnings tomorrow.

This could be an inverted SNAP situation. Gigantic rumored runup today........may be worth a play (if you find value) to the downside.....but small small small small small.
That's balsy with a potential buyout from AMZN or NKE. PTON could **** the bed on earnings and not drop.
LoL, no, it's balsy if you're putting hay down. I'm talking about a $.50 fly or something.

Yo mcfly, did you decide to do this, and can you hold my hand and help me set me up my first fly?
Honestly, if i were to do it I'd pin it somewhere close to what it's at now, so either 30 or 31.

Let's say I think it ends this week close to $30....

I'd buy the $28c for this Friday, sell 2 of the $30c for this Friday, and buy the $32c for Friday and I'd look to pay less than $.30 for each butterfly. This would net a max of $2 by closing at $30.00 on Friday close for 9x or so return....but if it gets anywhere close to 3x-4x between now and then I'd start dumping.

Cometopapa.gif
Trim and trail. If the market decides to rip faces later you'll wish you had.
FTAG 2000
AG
AG 2000' said:

Dan Scott said:

By the way, if you do this, set trailing stops once you enter. Things move fast and you don't have to baby sit.
McInnis 03
AG
I wont' trust this action until after 10:30a when London is out.

Tested ORL twice on XSP (spy) and each mostly held.....I could see one last shakeout and then a decision.
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

AG 2000' said:

Dan Scott said:

By the way, if you do this, set trailing stops once you enter. Things move fast and you don't have to baby sit.
Do this with futures and your life will never be the same. Options are such a crap shoot with the THETA and Vol pops.

Of course I say this and my life is the same but that's because Mc3 is terrible at this.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BTI - Hit a new 52WH this morning.

07:18 AM EST, 02/11/2022 (MT Newswires) -- British American Tobacco (BTI) reported 2021 adjusted diluted earnings on Friday of 3.29 pounds ($4.46), down from 3.32 pounds a year earlier.
Analysts polled by Capital IQ expected 3.27 pounds.
Revenue slipped by 0.4% year-over-year to 25.68 billion pounds for the quarter ended Dec. 31.
Analysts surveyed by Capital IQ expected 25.63 billion pounds.
The company unveiled a share buyback program of up to 2 billion pounds. It will commence on Feb. 14 and end no later than Dec. 31. (2 billion pounds....that's about 2 to 3% of the shares)
The company expects global tobacco industry volume to be down about 2.5% in 2022 but sees constant-currency revenue growth of 3% to 5% in the year. (Inflation..)

$45.81 / +$1.35

RSI-wise it's a bit overbought. It's been a LTH for me - not selling. It's a $60 stock in my opinion as BTI owns all the forward technology and a global market grip. Stairway up..
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

AG 2000' said:

Dan Scott said:

Do this with futures and your life will never be the same. Options are such a crap shoot with the THETA and Vol pops.

Of course I say this and my life is the same but that's because Mc3 is terrible at this.
Yep. There's probably other ways but it works for me.

/ES on a five minute chart. Woodies + Mancini levels charted.

WHen it comes up to a pivot or Mancini level, but puts. Set trailing stop.

When it comes down to a pivot or Mancini level, buy calls. Set trailing stop.

Exit if the next candle clears and stays above/below the pivot/Mancini line.

Philip J Fry
AG
SAVA needs to close green today. Otherwise, it may go right back down to the low 40s.
First Page Last Page
Page 5018 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.