Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,834 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Happygilmore20
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sellthefarm said:

Bought some Mara under 3 I think. Sold some at 40 and again at 50 I think. Been thinking of selling the rest a few times but might hold now. Thoughts? What's a good target?
Nice trade btw before we delve further. How many shares do you have left at a cost basis around $3? You don't have to answer, but your entry price and profit already realized makes me lean towards just holding it forever, unless we're talking 100K shrs or more. I'm not a believer in crypto so if I'm wrong, then it wouldn't be the first time but your buy at $3 seems like a minimal risks so I can't tell you to sell it after this correction in BTC because I'd probably pick the absolute bottom.
Spoony Love
AG
BucketofBalls99 said:

How high do you think BROS will go?

If they build locations like Dollar General, then Infinity!
Touchless
AG
59 South said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

for what it is worth, there were a ton of Peloton people in my hotel in Seattle this week.

The number of bases covered on this thread is MF incredible.

One of you dorks needs to make a spreadsheet.

Pretty sure the thing I like most in this is how you referred to the collective group as dorks.

Where's spreadsheet ag when you need him?
ProgN
You know you're a TexAg Legend when you're summoned to a forum and board you don't frequent. Hail Spreadsheet Ag.
ProgN
Bitcoin a lifeline for sex workers, like ex-nurse who made $1.3 million in 2021

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/05/bitcoin-a-lifeline-for-sex-workers-like-ex-nurse-making-1point3-million.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

I may have to reevaluate my negative opinion about the viability of cryptos.
gougler08
AG
I guess that explains the run up!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Quote:

with terms like "smart contracts" and "ERC-20 tokens" rolling right off her tongue

I'd pay to see that!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Also
Quote:

Allie Eve Knox, 26, from Dallas, TX, with a master's degree in anthropology. In Episode 1 she claimed to have had sex with four people prior to filming. In an interview for ABC News she claimed to have joined the show to make money in order to pay her student loans.

You young single guys are slacking.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Other gems from the article:
"WetSpace,"
"SpankChain," and
"PayPal booted her because of a payment for her used socks that was large enough to get red-flagged"
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So the peloton "cutting production" announcement was probably a "good faith" move toward bezos to tank the price and make sure the deal went through?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Maybe, but only if they truly felt like the company was not likely viable going forward anyway. Otherwise why would Execs want a reduced share price for their buyouts? Unless they are getting paid under the table or based on an agreed share price before the tanking? If so I'd hope for an investigation, but that won't happen. They'll go after another pumper on twitter or reddit or something.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Timing just seems wild. I bet it will make sense if we get to know the details of the transaction. If it was all-stock could that lower tax liability?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Peloton acquisition rumors going on. Up 27%

I called that one, if it happens. Amazon. Makes sense with the Android interface too, and Amazon's history of trying to copy the bike
aggie_fan13
AG
Peloton looks cool honestly, but when I heard you have to pay a subscription I was completely turned off. I can't think of any other exercise equipment that requires and ongoing subscription for you to use it at its full potential
FJ43
azulAg said:

Peloton looks cool honestly, but when I heard you have to pay a subscription I was completely turned off. I can't think of any other exercise equipment that requires and ongoing subscription for you to use it at its full potential

You can use Peleton in Just Ride mode and has some features and no subscription. Bowflex and Nordic Track offer subscriptions for streaming and live community 'classes' or 'personal' training.

The hook is people who need other people to feel community.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

aggie_fan13
AG
I stand corrected
FJ43
azulAg said:

I stand corrected

Imagine riding your Peleton and ordering your groceries, checking weather, traffic, etc while you work out.

That's all Mrs FJ needs. Another pathway to order from Amazon.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

agdaddy04
AG
azulAg said:

There's actually a ton of other devices that almost "force" you into a subscription model. Many rowers do, as well as other stationary bikes.
Touchless
AG
FJ43 said:

azulAg said:

You can use Peleton in Just Ride mode and has some features and no subscription. Bowflex and Nordic Track offer subscriptions for streaming and live community 'classes' or 'personal' training.

Me: Who would pay just to feel like part of an online community??

Also me: raises hand and pays $130/year or whatever it is to be on TexAgs, moreso for this thread as it's a better internal community.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

azulAg said:

I stand corrected

Imagine riding your Peleton and ordering your groceries, checking weather, traffic, etc while you work out.

I'm sure you don't mind her firm legs and buttocks either.

Good trade off bro.
FJ43
Touchless said:

FJ43 said:

azulAg said:

Also me: raises hand and pays $130/year or whatever it is to be on TexAgs, moreso for this thread as it's a better internal community.

Me: Social memberships that cost me $ = No

Me: Social memberships that make me $ = Yes

FJ43
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

azulAg said:

I stand corrected

I'm sure you don't mind her firm legs and buttocks either.

Good trade off bro.

LOL! Nope not at all! Bro my wife is….ummm….very attractive. I for sure married over my head.

She's in the gym at 5am Mon-Fri religiously. She's one of those community people and it's a lot more than the Peleton subscription. Have tried to get her to look into Peleton and can't remember that one that hangs on the wall as an interactive mirror with resistance.

Ragoo
AG
azulAg said:

you don't follow the exercise space then.

Zwift
Rouvy
Trainer road
Strava
ifit - NordicTrack's sub
Echelon

Etc
aggie_fan13
AG
No I use an old rower and free weights. I assumed the bow flex type stuff was just a one and done purchase
khkman22
AG
FJ43 said:

Touchless said:

FJ43 said:

azulAg said:

Have you seen the suggestions in this thread? Are you really making money?
ProgN
khkman22 said:

FJ43 said:

Touchless said:

FJ43 said:

azulAg said:

Have you seen the suggestions in this thread? Are you really making money?
tailgatetimer10
AG
azulAg said:

The live leaderboard, plus the competitive nature of me, nearly triples the effectively of the workout for me. I also love that the subscription is per bike. When family comes over they can use it as well
sellthefarm
AG
Not that much. It's my only crypto exposure so I'll hold forever I guess.

Went back to double check the actual trades and am definitely patting myself on the back.

Bought at 2.89
Sold 10% at 30
Again at 40
Again at 50
Again at 60
Again at 75

So I'm sitting on half of my 2.89 shares.
ProgN
sellthefarm said:

Not that much. It's my only crypto exposure so I'll hold forever I guess.

Went back to double check the actual trades and am definitely patting myself on the back.

Bought at 2.89
Sold 10% at 30
Again at 40
Again at 50
Again at 60
Again at 75

So I'm sitting on half of my 2.89 shares.

You've done extremely well, so I'd just hold and see if it can take out it's high later this year.
BaylorSpineGuy
Username does not check out.
BaylorSpineGuy
Was just looking at MARA. Can sell 20P with Jan '23 expiry for about 7.00-7.50. Effective cost basis between $12-13/share and net some cash. That may be an effective trade.
ProgN
I haven't looked at it but that sounds very interesting. I'll definitely look into it tomorrow. Thanks
ProgN
https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-plans-build-cathode-building-texas-gigafactory-2022-02-03/

Musk is building this behind the monster under construction right now in Austin. This one could span 30 acres.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Was just looking at MARA. Can sell 20P with Jan '23 expiry for about 7.00-7.50. Effective cost basis between $12-13/share and net some cash. That may be an effective trade.

Long wait
Dan Scott
AG
I wonder if all the Joe Rogan censorship talk gives a boost to DWAC. People fed up with Spotify, YouTube, etc. need to stop whoring themselves to those platform and join Truth Social and Rumble
First Page Last Page
Page 4985 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.