Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,065 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

A nominal amount of stock as a lotto for earnings makes sense under the following conditions:

• You believe in the company and would own the stock anyway
  • Sentiment is worth fading (AMZN was down 7% today before the report)
  • Position size and risk is sufficiently small. In the case of the $50K account it's a 6% position, but the risk really isn't that large. The stock wouldn't go down by 50%, at most it would go down 10%, which is a 0.6% loss. Tolerable IMO

This post can't be starred enough, i keep reading it and going back over that trade. Seems like it was executed flawlessly. Bought a share in the dump into close, sold a couple minutes later for 15% gain. No fear, no fomo. BSG ain't the only surgeon around here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The stock wouldn't go down by 50%, at most it would go down 10%
FB says hi
wanderer
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The last time ROKU rocketed to ATH, is was opening day of the summer olympics last year.

Today is the winter olympics. Fingers crossed.
Not to be a debbie downer, but I'm not sure it's going to ATHs today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

First move on jobs is down.........

Boolish?

Yes, my WAG is red to green today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The last time ROKU rocketed to ATH, is was opening day of the summer olympics last year.

Hot start.
planoaggie123
AG
For a long position....thoughts on FB if it his 220...or do any of you see it going lower?
Brewmaster
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Sounds like we have a few cyclists in the group. I'd love to get together for a fondo. I raced road bikes for a few years, but haven't ridden much since covid hit. I'd like to start riding again and a target event would give me some motivation.
absolutely! and with this brutal weather, look into Zwift. I get my workouts and rides in regardless of weather. A lot of the pros now zwift as well. If not for zwift races, I wouldn't be in the shape I'm in. They are a blast and no wrecks! haha

and I'm in B/CS if you all ever want to ride around here
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wanderer said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not to be a debbie downer, but I'm not sure it's going to ATHs today.
I'd settle for a regression to the YTD high.
McInnis 03
AG
planoaggie123 said:

For a long position....thoughts on FB if it his 220...or do any of you see it going lower?
This would be a wise approach if your timeline is not one that is short IMO. 223 shows to be pretty strong IMO
FTAG 2000
AG
So just two days after the APL job numbers were bad, and the White House said the numbers would be bad but things weren't that bad, they not only come in with a positive number for January but beat it by 300K. They also revise the preceding two months upwards by 600K when those revisions typically come out 4-6 months later.

Sure looks like we've reached the fudging employment numbers stage of the administration's term, just like they did it in Obama days.
gougler08
AG
U was over $110 overnight and now is basically flat on the day...cool cool cool
McInnis 03
AG
TICTOP indicator is showing 2.5+, this is not a short scenario.....that being said, AMZN could be playing havoc with this reading today
SF2004
AG
WTH... look at that 5 min green boner?
Spoony Love
AG
Are we going to form a cock-n-balls chart this morning?
Triple_Bagger
I'm over in Austin. I've had a Zwift account since back when it was free but I sold my Kickr in 2020 when someone offered me what I paid for it (it was a 1st gen with no less than 1,000 hours on it). I need to get a new smart trainer and then I'll hop on Zwift with you.
Irish 2.0
Last Friday on repeat...
Irish 2.0
QQQ takes out 357 on the 60 and this gets ugly for the shorts
McInnis 03
AG
GOOGL trying for r/g. AAPL would be the last one to join the r/g pack, that speaks well for the bulls.
AgDad77
AG
What stationary bike do yall use indoors - i am looking to get something for the office.
Been looking at the newest NordicTrack??

Thanks
LMCane
is there anyplace to track the after hours futures market?

I want to see the chart from last night as the NASDAQ goes from +2.3% to negative at the open today.

I can't find any such tool. it's almost as if after hours doesn't exist once the markets "open" the next day.

why do they even have after hours market when you can still trade it?
LMCane
sts7049 said:

i bought one share just before closing
how's it doing now?
SF2004
AG
Watching $F for an entry after this sell off.

Any suggestions for a number? $15 looks good but I can't see it getting that low before selling subsides.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Now is a great time to snag a used peloton for cheap, if you're into that type of thing. People are dumping them. Most of them have less than 50 rides on them, and then was converted to a clothes hanger.
Irish 2.0
LMCane said:

I want to see the chart from last night as the NASDAQ goes from +2.3% to negative at the open today.

I can't find any such tool. it's almost as if after hours doesn't exist once the markets "open" the next day.

/NQ30min and /NQ5min

LMCane
AG 2000' said:

So just two days after the APL job numbers were bad, and the White House said the numbers would be bad but things weren't that bad, they not only come in with a positive number for January but beat it by 300K. They also revise the preceding two months upwards by 600K when those revisions typically come out 4-6 months later.

Sure looks like we've reached the fudging employment numbers stage of the administration's term, just like they did it in Obama days.
and the unemployment rate WENT UP with nearly an additional million jobs added

during the height of COVID

I thought Covid was the cause of the supply chain problems, high inflation, high gas prices, teachers can't work, lack of jobs created two weeks ago that Jen Psaki told me was caused by covid and the snow?

yet somehow the USA creates a million new jobs. but we need to have vaccine passports, booster vaccines, and masks now.
LMCane
Irish 2.0 said:

LMCane said:

/NQ30min and /NQ5min

very cool! thanks- what does NQ stand for?

I assume that tool you are paying for as like a WeBULL or something? I am not a technical day trader I just watch "Meet Kevin" who is an insane technical analyst.
Spoony Love
AG
SF2004 said:

Watching $F for an entry after this sell off.

Any suggestions for a number? $15 looks good but I can't see it getting that low before selling subsides.
I dumped my $17.50 put this morning for a gain overnight. I then picked up $20.5C for 2/18 on the cheap at that moment. I think anything below $17 would be a good entry but the $17.50 level is right at the 144EMA( a fib level I'm told). Plus I think it will have a hard time breaking that level. If it does, there isn't much support until it gets to around $16.50
Touchless
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

WTI over $92. We will be back in the 100s before summer.
With VLO up against resistance over the last two years, if it keeps going up, I can see them pushing through it and moving pretty quick. This is the 3 year weekly.

Saltyag15
AG
I wouldn't mind owning some Ford either...looking for an entry as well. I'm eyeing that late October gap fill.
LMCane
planoaggie123 said:

I bought 4 shares META as soon as they reported earnings and it was down 26% (around $234)

I don't really care if it is a few dollars above a future low-

it's still a hell of a discount from ATH and even the price of a year ago (which I think made it to $375)

I am a long term buy at the dips and hold for 20 years
McInnis 03
AG
LMCane said:

What service do you use? If you use TOS/TD you can look at /NQ to see the futures charting action.
sts7049
AG
sold on the spike after close at 3200
McInnis 03
AG
NQ is the Nasdaq futures contract.
Triple_Bagger
You can chart futures for free on tradingview.

NQ is Nasdaq futures. ES is S&P500 futures.
LMCane
Touchless said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

WTI over $92. We will be back in the 100s before summer.
With VLO up against resistance over the last two years, if it keeps going up, I can see them pushing through it and moving pretty quick. This is the 3 year weekly.

as someone who believes seriously in FJB- this is terrific.

the leftists did everything they could to destroy fossil fuels.

now let's watch them whine over the next 6 months as they realize the wind farms in Cali aren't going to save them from $5 a gallon gasoline.
First Page Last Page
Page 4979 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.