Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,841 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maximus_Meridius said:

It's definitely the best for trading hours, but God I hate charting with it…
This is a just a trade for me. My opinion is this is one not to overthink it. It typically doesn't stay elevated long. Just run span times between low to high and back down and buy puts out a ways to cover the gap.

But I'm a redneck so who knows.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

FJ43 said:

Hope y'all degenerates bought VIX puts as a trade at the top.

I bought $22 and $21 VIX puts expiring tomorrow. It uses tomorrow's opening price, not today's closing price right? I sold 2/3 of the $22's to go net free. I kept 20 $22s and 150 $21s. I'm hoping for a calm, green AH futures night.
I believe it's the morning of expiry and has a defined process or opening (might be predetermined based on pre and open) quote.

I don't buy next day expiry on VIX though. Usually out a min of a few weeks for me. 3-4 weeks out I've found to generally be an easy trade. Calls or puts.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
more pain is required:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/investing/gamestop-meme-stock-anniversary/index.html

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lets short $GME tomorrow for fun.
ProgN
Ok gang PSA:

I posted this last year before the snowpacalypse but I'm going to post it again since we have new members. If you have a heatpump system in your house, switch it to aux/emer heat tomorrow evening. Heatpump condensers turn into a block of ice in sub 30 temps with precipitation. This causes them to constantly go into defrost and refreeze. This puts strain on your compressor and can lead to having to replace it. If the ice becomes too large, it can also damage your fan blade and motor. There's no reason to use a heatpump in those conditions because it's not going to work, but could damage your unit. I have a heatpump on my house fwiw. My dad owned an AC/Htg company for 40 years so I didn't read this on the internet.

Prog
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
For tomorrow:

Well, We can probably be bullish, but remember, we have gone up a lot!

4525 was the ORH and breakout level for today. That's my bull/bear line.

I'm not really excited about new longs here.

GreasenUSA
AG
It's very interesting that both the S&P and Nasdaq sliced right through the 200 SMA on the way down, and it doesn't appear they put up much of a fight at the 200 on the way back up.

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

For tomorrow:

Well, We can probably be bullish, but remember, we have gone up a lot!

4525 was the ORH and breakout level for today. That's my bull/bear line.

I'm not really excited about new longs here.

If it loses the 4520 (your 50 fib)....whoops.

FJ43
CLOV

Speculative but might be tradeable back to 3.92ish. Earnings 2/23 so possible earnings play or run up as well. I might would use as trading shares to lower cost basis.

FJ43
DKNG

Speculative. Earnings 2/18. ATM, +1 or 2 calls might be a play.

MaroonDynasty
HD, UNH, COST, AMZN, TSLA are 5 more that I can see doing a stock split.
ProgN
MaroonDynasty said:

Add LRCX to that list.
austinAG90
AG
ProgN said:

MaroonDynasty said:

Add LRCX to that list.
Let's go with the Pelosi leaps........
BaylorSpineGuy
Prog alluded to a money making opportunity this week. I wasn't following this website a year ago, so I'm not exactly sure how the LNG stocks go during extreme weather patterns.

Which stocks surged last year during the snowpacolypse? I don't think I'm approved to trade commodities futures in my trading account, and the last thing I need is a new way to lose money! Lol any good plays here in light of the coming cold front here in Texas? Is it too late or does the bump happen a couple weeks after the storm?

Any help appreciated. I remember GUSH pumped around the hurricane last year so curious if things will behave similarly.
lobwedgephil
You've probably already missed the move on natural gas stocks.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Prog alluded to a money making opportunity this week. I wasn't following this website a year ago, so I'm not exactly sure how the LNG stocks go during extreme weather patterns.

Which stocks surged last year during the snowpacolypse? I don't think I'm approved to trade commodities futures in my trading account, and the last thing I need is a new way to lose money! Lol any good plays here in light of the coming cold front here in Texas? Is it too late or does the bump happen a couple weeks after the storm?

Any help appreciated. I remember GUSH pumped around the hurricane last year so curious if things will behave similarly.

I think NVDA and TTD are ripe for a run but I didn't post anything weather related except that if you have a heat pump then only use aux/emergency heat beginning tomorrow night because a heat pump in sub 30 degrees is useless and you run the risk of damaging your outside unit.
BaylorSpineGuy
Oh I know. I was being a little facetious but alluding to the weather blowing in this week.
wanderer
There are some modern-day heat pumps that can work efficiently in sub-zero temperatures for a short time, but if that doesn't fit your situation, plan on running your emergency heat for the next few days.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Oh I know. I was being a little facetious but alluding to the weather blowing in this week.

Sorry, having drinks after dinner with my lady so I'm a little slow on the uptake. Carry on.
BaylorSpineGuy
All good. I get it. I was slamming smoked old fashioned's at Eddie V's in FW last night.
emac0002
AG
You could trade natural gas futures but I would use caution with these. A .001 tick on 1 contract is $10.00

I have been trading the June contract since Sunday for two round trips from 4.70 ---> 4.55 ish
Irish 2.0
ProgN said:

MaroonDynasty said:

Add LRCX to that list.

CMG needs to
lobwedgephil
I use ES, but I think the .618 level will be the big level for tomorrow. Make it through there, likely full retracement.
Touchless
AG
This is a stupid question, but can you remind me what ORH stands for? I've seen it referenced more recently.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Touchless said:

This is a stupid question, but can you remind me what ORH stands for? I've seen it referenced more recently.

Opening range high. The high watermark in the initial balance period of the market. Generally the first 30 to 60 minutes when vol is at its highest. Breaks of the ORH and ORL are generally good to trade.
SoTXAg09
AG
Touchless said:

Opening Range High
Dan Scott
AG
MSTR now has 125,051 Bitcoin. At Bitcoin value of $38,500 that's worth $4.8B. Their market cap is now 3.8B. The average purchase price for their Bitcoin is 30,200.

If you believe in Bitcoin, it's buy
Dan Scott
AG
I'm really liking MSTR. They have revenue growth, free cash flow, and Bitcoin. 100 shares of MSTR is a better value than 1 Bitcoin. You can at least sell calls against it.
Dan Scott
AG
Their CEO also give me that crazy genius vibe.
Touchless
Philip J Fry
AG
Can someone with more experience than I take a looks at ELF? Specifically, the hour by hour volume. dimmed that look nktksk to you? Yeah
BrokeAssAggie
Green around the world this morning
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Almost seems too easy. I'll ride it bit with stops.
BrokeAssAggie
I know. I picked up some Q $370 calls right at close yesterday. Going to go net free on those and just see what plays out.
cgh1999
AG
Okay campers, rise, and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cold out there…
First Page Last Page
Page 4959 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.