Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,959 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
bhanacik
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Noted, thanks guys!
Brewmaster
AG
sorry this was for bhanacik

I'm sure 30k and others with more experience will chime in, but my semi newb thoughts:

I like to trade levels and if I'm trading weeklies, I usually just scalp those or don't hold for long (never overnight). You can get destroyed by the premium burn or one of these gap downs on the market.

But there was so much volatility last week, I scalped instead (watching VIX). I bought calls at what looked like a VIX top and puts at what was a VIX bottom.

I will 2nd what 30k said above on being a sniper. Yesterday I had multiple 10% gainers, a 10% loss and a 0dte at the end of the day that was a nice winner. I had another day where I was 1 for 3, but the 1 was a big winner (easily outweighed the losers).
BrokeAssAggie
I will also add..I set a bid at my major pivots and wait for the bid to come to me instead of buying at the ask or mid.
BrokeAssAggie
Beautiful day today. Making smothered pork chops in a mushroom and onion gravy for dinner
bhanacik
AG
Thanks again for the tips guys!

Im not a big pork guy but those chops look really good; enjoy!
BrokeAssAggie
Boom!
Ragoo
AG
Dinner at 4pm gramps?
BrokeAssAggie
5:30…I have 5 kids under the age of 11. We like to have them all in bed by 8:30/9 so mommy and daddy have time to "hang out"
Ragoo
AG
We have 5 year old twins. Kids eat and go to bed 7:30. We usually eat 9-9:30.
BrokeAssAggie
We like to eat as a family
BaylorSpineGuy
Username checks out.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Dinner at 4pm gramps?
Dan Scott
AG
WWR has $67M market cap with $119M cash at end of Q3. By now the cash is probably $110M as they haven't started construction.

If you're an an activist, you can essentially buy up all these shares and vote to liquidate the company and get an easy return.
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo said:

Dinner at 4pm gramps?

Anything after 530p is a late night snack.

#FeedMe
gougler08
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

5:30…I have 5 kids under the age of 11. We like to have them all in bed by 8:30/9 so mommy and daddy have time to "hang out"

Man I'm tired most nights with only 3 kids, not sure I'd ever be able to "hang out" if I had 5 kids
Dan Scott
AG
WWR. Don't know if this was posted but CFO bought 7,000 shares on 12/31 around $2.18. He was granted another 7K last week so now he owns 42K shares. CEO owns 83K shares. These guys aren't rich.

I'm encouraged seeing the CFO bought 7K shares even if it's worth only about $15K. He didn't have to knowing he was going be granted 7K shares in a few weeks. My biggest fear is dilution as they need $100M to build their plant but the CFO doesn't seem concerned
ProgN
I'll be splitting all this tomorrow. Getting old sucks, my back is killing me.
gougler08
AG
Rent a log splitter
Whitehouse Road
AG
gougler08 said:

Rent a log splitter

Doesn't give you the satisfaction of swinging a good axe. But I'm a masochist when it comes to yard work.
KT 90
AG
Quote:

I have 5 kids under the age of 11

Soooo, Suburban or minivan? I just have three, but that was enough to fill up our nights and weekends.

KT 90
AG
ProgN said:

I'll be splitting all this tomorrow. Getting old sucks, my back is killing me.

T&P to you if your back already hurts and you are planning on splitting all that tomorrow by yourself.

BrokeAssAggie
Burb
BrokeAssAggie
I got a big ass STHlL that like to eat
khkman22
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

I think you've done enough hanging out.
BrokeAssAggie
There's no such thing. We are going to hang out well into our 90s, God willing
cageybee77
AG
ugh - I gotta go run15 miles as soon as I finish my coffee this morning. I am not looking forward to it. Probably easier than splitting all that wood though.
gougler08
AG
I'm about to go support my wife in the Sugar Land half marathon, which is not my top choice for 5am on a Sunday
cageybee77
AG
gougler08 said:

I'm about to go support my wife in the Sugar Land half marathon, which is not my top choice for 5am on a Sunday
I wish y'all good luck!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Good luck!
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BrokeAssAggie
gougler08 said:

Nice. I used to run marathons before kids and it's always nice to see your family in the crowd, even if it's only for 30 seconds.
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

gougler08 said:

Nice. I used to run marathons before kids and it's always nice to see your family in the crowd, even if it's only for 30 seconds.

SF2004
AG
I ran out to the garage to get a beer once... really makes you think.
BrokeAssAggie
Haha, nice
gougler08
AG
Kids were surprisingly good but I'm sure this afternoon will be hell, but all worth it to keep the wife happy
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Question for you guys. I'm serious about seeing what I can do with this $50K account I funded.

Would you be more interested in speculative plays or higher probability hits?

Star this post for spec
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 4942 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.