Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,116 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
cageybee77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Just like to point out our rally girl is now 2 for 2
2 for 2 for 2
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

get in *****. if NQ clears 14200, we are OFF
yep
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
agdaddy04
AG
On a green day, disappointed SOFI still went red.
SF2004
AG
Am I wrong to still be cautious?

I still think they want 4000 on SPX as the bottom before they start running again.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
pretty good day today. I have no idea what next week brings, but hopefully there is more vol.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
one day does not make a trend. I'm still cash in my trading account.

Next week I expect 4500/4600, then they will push it down again.
Philip J Fry
AG
Jumped back into RRC today. Ready to ride it to 25.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I screwed up AAPL and TSLA today, so I gave back my gains made trading. I had a good week, though. If we really are done with the volatility for awhile I will have set myself up pretty well this week.
FJ43
bmoochie said:

Today was my best scalping day ever thanks to this board. Time for drinks!!

Congrats. Great to read you honing your skills.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Today is a confirmed reversal. I think we will model-T / fib retrace to 4500 next week.

This pattern is a giant bear flag, so while we could reverse from here and negate, you all need to be open minded. Nothing in this chart screams bullish. I think we will revisit most of these levels next week as well.

The bad news I have for you guys is that I have business travel for the next two weeks and will be hard pressed to do much. I set my schedule where I can monitor until 10 AM and from 2:30 - 3:00 each day, but I can't intraday post. I'm going to watch the $COIN trade and see what else I see setting up.

If you made money from anything I did this week, please consider giving to someone less fortunate. Give the drive thru guy $20 or give your waiter a big tip.

FJ43
SF2004 said:

I still think they want 4000 on SPX as the bottom before they start running again.

It's never wrong to be cautious. Trade what's in front of you.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Spoony Love
AG
SF2004 said:

Yo I wasn't cautious today and it cost me 14%. I had too many things happening today and couldn't pay attention as well as I should have. But I cut bait and will live another day. I should have been cautious.

So no, don't worry about being cautious. It likely helped you
azul_rain
I was gone for 1 hour, Wtf happened
SF2004
AG
hedge said:

$30K said go.... and it went.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
hedge said:

We were headed up to 4,700 but then it stopped because you didn't post pics of your cousin's wife.
azul_rain
Sorry Bob
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Don't worry, it's only money.
JCRiley09
AG
So sometime in 2023…. Yippee

<Baldwin endless whiskey dot gif>
BPCAg05
AG
Actually I think the mine is like 2026 or 2028. The processing facility is next year.
wanderer
Wet blanket on our potential reversal
BaylorSpineGuy
The DJIA now looks like it's potentially initiating the right shoulder of a very large H&S. This may correspond to the big March pullback others have mentioned. On a different chart, above SPY 455ish, the pattern is bullish, but let's be cautious that there still may be a large bearish set up hiding out!
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

one day does not make a trend. I'm still cash in my trading account.

Next week I expect 4500/4600, then they will push it down again.

Thanks for your knowledge dropping!

And 4550 here we come...lines up perfectly with seasonality, big week coming, before next drop.

Went 3 for 4 on scalps today, Whoop!
oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ags2013 said:

this would be great, but I don't see it. Everything is selling off and each day roughly the same - ramp a little by mid or late morning, then sell off in the afternoon. Rinse and repeat. Also VIX at 30+.

TSLA seems destined for 700 at this rate and if AAPL goes red tomorrow, run for cover!

Oh ye of little faith! Markets were coiled and lot of large Expiring calls traded Wednesday and Thursday. Had a hunch (a guess really) that most traders wouldn't want to be long on a Friday. I imagine most were shaken on that pullback midday, thinking here we go again.
irish pete ag06
AG
I've never had something whip my ass as much as trading.

I don't know if I'm a masochist or what because I probably should quit based on how it's went for me, but I can't.

Resetting and starting fresh soon. Going to focus on SPY and SPY alone.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

BREwmaster said:

this would be great, but I don't see it. Everything is selling off and each day roughly the same - ramp a little by mid or late morning, then sell off in the afternoon. Rinse and repeat. Also VIX at 30+.

TSLA seems destined for 700 at this rate and if AAPL goes red tomorrow, run for cover!

Oh ye of little faith! Markets were coiled and lot of large Expiring calls traded Wednesday and Thursday. Had a hunch (a guess really) that most traders wouldn't want to be long on a Friday. I imagine most were shaken on that pullback midday, thinking here we go again.
Ha! You called it chief. I'll eat crow or better yet buy you BBQ of your choice here in B/CS. I'd vote for What's Tha Deal!

VIX will only stay elevated for so long. Rippy into next week you think? It would follow seasonality.

I still did well today, but had to flip with the trend. I was all cash at the open, scalped throughout the day and did well, but not as well as if I'd just gone long and set trailing stops! I did scalp puts on that VIX rip / market dip though!

good to see you around in these parts!

Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I don't know if I'm a masochist or what because I probably should quit based on how it's went for me, but I can't.

trade the Q's too, lots of action over the next month (based on seasonality), a lot of money to be made on big moves up and down.

and we have to get your green Pete!
McInnis 03
AG
My money manager is Panda Wu, the fund is based out of the Caymans and he makes decisions based on astrology....what could go wrong?

lobwedgephil
irish pete ag06 said:

Keep at it, but stay very small size for a while. Goal should be small wins, but also small losses. That is one of the hardest things about this, accepting losses and keeping them small.

Agree, this is one of the hardest things you can ever do, But stick with it, keep learning. You are learning this for freedom in your future.
Post removed:
by user
mazag08
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Random tinfoil conspiracy question:

Is it possible for the Fed to purchase equities incognito? How hard would it be for the government to pump money into the system under the guise of someone/something else?

I mean, does anyone really know how many dollars are floating around out there in circulation? Would it be that difficult for these guys to push money into the system that is off of the official balance sheets?

Yes and it's not hard. We aren't there yet. But there will come a crash where the FED uselessly tries to push all their buttons in reaction to the market, going as far as buying equities in some attempt to stop a free fall, making things far worse along the way.
bhanacik
AG
Hi guys, I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now and have dabbled in a couple of options trades last week (both up 55% and 22%).

Couple of questions if one of you could chime in:

1. At what point do you realize the profit (or cut losses)? I've been using a % or price-based exit points and have shifted them a few times

2. How long do you typically hold your options?

3. How many contracts do you typically purchase at a time?

Thanks for all the contributions you all have made to the thread - it's all very interesting and has been a fun learning experience.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lobwedgephil said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Keep at it, but stay very small size for a while. Goal should be small wins, but also small losses. That is one of the hardest things about this, accepting losses and keeping them small.

Agree, this is one of the hardest things you can ever do, But stick with it, keep learning. You are learning this for freedom in your future.

You don't even need a 50% win rate if you're good with loss management.

-20%
+50-100%

Be a sniper vs a gun slinger
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Everyone loses at the beginning.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
1) at your target exit or stop price.

2) it depends on what I bought but in general, I stay in as long as the trade is still valid

3) that depends on portfolio size. 1 contract for one person might be the same as 1000 for another. Safe rule of thumb is 1% of your portfolio per trade.
BrokeAssAggie
This is trading weekly's either ITM or right OTM.

1. At what point do you realize the profit (or cut losses)? I've been using a % or price-based exit points and have shifted them a few times. …….(I trim 50% to 75% of my contracts to make back my initial investment and some small profit. Then set a stop for the free runners)

2. How long do you typically hold your options? (I try to only hold free runners overnight, especially in this current market)

3. How many contracts do you typically purchase at a time? (My rule is no more than 10% of my portfolio)

I'm still learning and adjusting my process. In the past I would hold too long trying to hit a home run. I'm now setting stops just above my entry as soon as the trade is green.
First Page Last Page
Page 4941 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.