Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,071,921 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my lottos were 172.5s for .24. those might turn really juicy tomorrow
BrokeAssAggie
I got $175 for .10 cents. Really small
BaylorSpineGuy
So….:recession canceled?
Ags2013
AG
SoTXAg09
AG
ProgN said:

Max Stonetrail said:

LMCane said:

ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Don't try bottom picking in this market

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.

I'm 51 and not ever going to get into the day trading puts and options and call game.

I buy and hold.

and this January has been fantastic for me. Every day I am adding to my decliners- some at one year lows now. so tempted on Tesla but I already have 10 shares and instead I'm going with ETF heavy on TSLA such as IYW.

been adding to my NVIDIA, Enphase, Intel, ARKG, ARKW, T, Disney, Emerson, and a crap ton of ETF sector funds for market and sector (mostly tech) but even a bit in the SPY and IWM for Russell
For a lot of us, this is a trading account. My retirement and money that I "need" is not on this roulette wheel, although some of my posts mix them in.

I am curious about your TSLA comment and being in IYW. I looked at their holdings and see what I am guessing are warrants issued through Blackrock that make up 0.09% of the ETF, at least on that report. Maybe they are marking it incredibly low to market (which I am not sure if that kind of sandbagging is even legal but it is Blackrock)? But it certainly doesn't look TSLA heavy.

In doing this, I looked at several indices and tech ETFs. They are ALL mostly comprised of FAANG + MSFT + TSLA (except IYW). You would have more exposure to TSLA on the QQQs.

Not singling you out but so many people here should focus on positions and not **** with options. Learn to pick your stocks and entry/exit prices then you'll fire your advisor when you're ready because you'll grow your retirement more than any of them could. JMO.

If I piss anyone off, then you should know by now that IDGAF. Everyone in here should learn to control their futures because no one in here is a f'ing moron.

I quit. Insert hand raise.gif here
Dan Scott
AG
Futures giving up gains just like last night and at about the same time
BaylorSpineGuy
Whispers of Russian invasion and the "sacking of Kiev".

Maybe that'll spook markets? Hope MasterCard has a strong Russian/Ukrainian revenue stream. Really need that stock to go to ****. My $1800 worth of puts is hedged on it. Now down to $400. Love options….
MaroonDynasty
Hearing a lot of $HD 1st qtr sales plans are negative (West Coast). Of course they also did some CEO reshuffling today.
azul_rain
Just got back from ban camp, how did everybody do today
agdaddy04
AG
Well hell I didn't think AAPL would rip that quick. Especially not giving guidance??
Brewmaster
AG
Ags2013 said:

this would be great, but I don't see it. Everything is selling off and each day roughly the same - ramp a little by mid or late morning, then sell off in the afternoon. Rinse and repeat. Also VIX at 30+.

TSLA seems destined for 700 at this rate and if AAPL goes red tomorrow, run for cover!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Maybe refusing to give guidance was the best option? Perhaps Elon could go back in time and do that instead?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Counterpoint: when everyone knows what's going to happen, it never happens.

BaylorSpineGuy
AAPL is almost the last giant still standing. Good bump AH. If it can't sustain this bump, SPY will wander towards 400 or maybe lower. Will bring everyone else down with it.

It's wild to see these early rips in futures followed by massive selloff then buying at 2 am all week. Good trading early during market hours, then sell off by end of day. Looks like bear flag to me. The longer we go without recapturing the 200DMA, the more bearish I will remain.
Brewmaster
AG
this kind of sums up what I was thinking (his reply to original tweet)

Bob Knights Paper Hands
What was the date on those huge 4600/4700 spreads? Feb 18! regular? If we open down tomorrow those might be had for really cheap as a lotto. Already at a midpoint below $9 versus the $21 they were back at the 1/24 open.

Edit - I'm not saying I'm interested in playing that, more just intrigued in watching it because it was such a huge one-time order.
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

What was the date on those huge 4600/4700 spreads? Feb 18! regular? If we open down tomorrow those might be had for really cheap as a lotto. Already at a midpoint below $9 versus the $21 they were back at the 1/24 open.

Edit - I'm not saying I'm interested in playing that, more just intrigued in watching it because it was such a huge one-time order.
I've done the 4610/4650 a couple of times this week now.

Buy late in the day, sell in the next morning.
ProgN
hedge said:

Just got back from ban camp, how did everybody do today

Only a 24 hr sabbatical? Those are rookie numbers.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think they took it easy on him since he's Latinex.
Talon2DSO
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I think they took it easy on him since he's Latinex.

What's a latinex?
BaylorSpineGuy
A non-binary Hispanic? ;-))
Irish 2.0
Maybe due for a decent bounce soon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AgEng06
AG
You're not Mexican?!
lobwedgephil
Saw some of y'all looking at way OTM leaps in AMD, etc. Just be very careful buying anything long dated in this environment, you will get killed by Vega even if you are correct.

When we are in an elevated Vix environment like this, the big money sells puts, or buys calls deep in the money. They don't start buying OTM calls until the vix is much lower.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

A non-binary Hispanic? ;-))
LOL, who says doctors don't have a sense of humor?
Max Stonetrail
lobwedgephil said:

Saw some of y'all looking at way OTM leaps in AMD, etc. Just be very careful buying anything long dated in this environment, you will get killed by Vega even if you are correct.

When we are in an elevated Vix environment like this, the big money sells puts, or buys calls deep in the money. They don't start buying OTM calls until the vix is much lower.

This is good advice. I sold a lot of puts this week. Some are expiring, some I will be assigned at prices I am good with.

Regarding AMD, I think the stock will be higher than my strike price when we get there, and it would more than cover the premium. The Delta is 0.19 and I also took into consideration the stock price itself was down $8 (7%). Not necessarily trying to defend the purchase, although it probably sounds like it. It was pretty cheap and kind of a lotto and a little bit of an experiment.

I make far stupider trades on a daily basis in my fun account.
lobwedgephil
Hope it works, probably does. Sorry, wasn't wanting to be negative on your trade, was just trying to use an example for overall caution in a vix elevated environment that a lot of people have never seen.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just a hunch, tomorrow may be an up day. The afternoon decline has been more shallow than previous days and that 4340 level is holding. We will see what the magic hands do at 2am.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spy max pain is 445. I would laugh my ass off if we got there.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
Morning, anyone else up?
gougler08
AG
Sick kid so I'm here at least for a bit
ProgN
Sorry man,

I was about to ***** about having to be working but it's better than my boy being sick.
gougler08
AG
ProgN said:

Sorry man,

I was about to ***** about having to be working but it's better than my boy being sick.

Well at this point I'm just going to knock out some work, oh well…maybe I can sneak out early this afternoon

Maybe we can actually hold our green futures for a Friday but signs point to doubtful
First Page Last Page
Page 4934 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.