Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,054,766 Views | 231690 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by SW AG80
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dan Scott said:

They've killed NIO. All the way back to October 2020 levels.
You can say that for a lot of tickers, not just theirs.
Max Stonetrail
sts7049 said:

why are you going long against the trend?
I assume you mean for AMD?

I think this is one of the strongest companies out there. They have consistently beat all expectations for years. If there is a company that can buck the trend, it's AMD.

Now, I am trading SPY P like crazy. The overall trend is lower.
Jet Black
FUBO under $9.00. Thoughts?
BrokeAssAggie
$342 is a big level for Qs
Irish 2.0
Don't try bottom picking in this market
FTAG 2000
AG
SAVA getting some volume on 5/20 100Cs.
Jet Black
Irish 2.0 said:

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
ProgN
Jet Black said:

I'd be patient with everything except puts. This is setting up for capitulation Friday IMO.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Max Stonetrail said:

sts7049 said:

I think this is one of the strongest companies out there. They have consistently beat all expectations for years. If there is a company that can buck the trend, it's AMD.

My thoughts: AMD is the industry leader in a vital industry. They have a P/E under 40 and really low debt for their industry. I think they are positioned well for the coming inflation / contraction. I'm not saying I'm buying more shares today, but if I'm trying to identify companies to invest in after the dust settles this checks a lot of boxes for me.
ProgN
Jet Black said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I'm just wondering how much lower it can it actually go.
If you don't use margin or call options but buy the stock outright, then I'm confident you'll be very happy by May.
Max Stonetrail
Jet Black said:

For a long term investment, streaming is getting to be a tough, expensive business. NFLX and DIS are the dominant players. FUBO has no profit.

For a short term, I would defer to the more technical chart watchers here. I have bought many a cheap stock that looked like a value, and had them get cheaper. If market sentiment continues to be negative, cheap stocks with no profits will suffer greatly on big money and institutional flight to quality.
Wannabud
AG
Jet Black said:

You like playing the Pass Line or the Don't Pass? Either way, it's going to 7 out when you don't need it.

I'm long, but have been aggressively selling covered calls against my position. I'd wait until earnings and see what this market does. So what if you miss out on getting in at $9 if you believe in the long-term thesis. There will be plenty more good entry points if the company performs.
BrokeAssAggie
Hold on to your puts
Philip J Fry
AG
Here's my hot take. Market doesn't reverse until cpoax gives up all the trump/Covid gains.
Max Stonetrail
Bob Knights Liver said:

Max Stonetrail said:

sts7049 said:

My thoughts: AMD is the industry leader in a vital industry. They have a P/E under 40 and really low debt for their industry. I think they are positioned well for the coming inflation / contraction. I'm not saying I'm buying more shares today, but if I'm trying to identify companies to invest in after the dust settles this checks a lot of boxes for me.
Yes, I agree. And will reiterate I am an AMD permabull, so everyone take that into consideration when reading my takes.

It appears I will be picking up 300 shares tomorrow at $105.45 based on selling $110 puts earlier this week for $4.55. That is going to be my purchase before earnings next week.

ETA - this is in my IRA account, not trading.
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Hold on to your puts
Agreed, this market is setting up for the flush everyone fears but the one we need tomorrow. I sold some NVDA 240c that expires tomorrow at the open for $3.70 and thought I made out like a bandit buying them back at .59 but I never expected them to expire worthless.
FTAG 2000
AG
So we seem to be setting up for a flush.

What do we think of longer VIX calls?

March 40/55 VIX spread is 1.35 right now, as an example.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Dix weak. Needs more blue pill QE.
ProgN
AG 2000' said:

It'd probably pay but if that flush happens then movement will be fast and violent so be sure that you're able to monitor it and don't make assumptions of what will happens and start mentally spending the profits.
FTAG 2000
AG
ProgN said:

AG 2000' said:

It'd probably pay but if that flush happens then movement will be fast and violent so be sure that you're able to monitor it and don't make assumptions of what will happens and start mentally spending the profits.
Thank you.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Lastly regarding using DIX or dark pool trades as a leading indicator - the biggest of positions are traded as swaps. So it's all fugazi.
ProgN
aggiedaniel06 said:

Lastly regarding using DIX or dark pool trades as a leading indicator - the biggest of positions are traded as swaps. So it's all fugazi.
Nice to have you more actively posting again.
FTAG 2000
AG
Speaking of, how do you find DIX to chart? TOS doesn't find it. Tried with a dollar sign in front of it too.
ProgN
AG 2000' said:

Speaking of, how do you find DIX to chart? TOS doesn't find it. Tried with a dollar sign in front of it
He does have access to proprietary things but I fell for the DIX blue pill post. lol
mazag08
AG
AG 2000' said:

Speaking of, how do you find DIX to chart? TOS doesn't find it. Tried with a dollar sign in front of it too.
I'm done charting when it's time to draw DIX.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROKU volume
FTAG 2000
AG
mazag08 said:

AG 2000' said:

Yep, tends to get one in trouble.
McInnis 03
ProgN
mazag08 said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03
AG
ProgN said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

He comes out of the cave when **** hits the fan. I nominate we change his name to Batman.
McInnis 03
AG
SECONDED
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

ProgN said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

He comes out of the cave when **** hits the fan. I nominate we change his name to Batman.
Someone here can create the Daniel bat signal like someone did the OA bat signal awhile back.
GreasenUSA
AG
This market probably won't support it for long, but we're coming up on a 2 year trend spot for TSLA around 830. Could at least see a short bounce following this 30% drop since the beginning of the month.

McInnis 03
AG
Challenge accepted. Gimme 5
Touchless
AG
Question on trailing stops. I have one runner left on a call for tomorrow and want to do a trailing stop. Do y'all do a trailing stop or trailing stop limit? Also, what do you use as the Link and Order? Market/Ask/Bid/Last? If I do a regular stop limit, I tend to use Last as the trigger.

First Page Last Page
Page 4930 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.