Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,054,734 Views | 231690 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by SW AG80
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't know personally but Shay Bess has a good reputation. He's on all the big research societies and friends with my former fellowship director. I know he's in CO, and I think he's in Denver area. Good luck!
Spoony Love
AG
It certainly looks like consolidation on SPY for the day. Trend lines from the highest to the next run up and so on for the lowest, it indicates this thing has to make a decision around 11am around the $438.1 mark. I'll make a decision after that.
mazag08
AG
Everything is in whipsaw today. Almost impossible to trade in this environment. I'm on the sidelines. Specifically AAPL is really diagonal. I don't like it yet. Still watching though.
Max Stonetrail
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Max Stonetrail said:

I have scalped a couple of small SPY P trades this morning. I did OK, but am having trouble staying ahead of the losses on long shares in my account.

Currentlt in SPY P 2/11 435's at $9.04
anything can happen, I think you will lose on that. trend probably up.
Averaged down to $8.68.
Brewmaster
AG
mazag08 said:

Everything is in whipsaw today. Almost impossible to trade in this environment. I'm on the sidelines. Specifically AAPL is really diagonal. I don't like it yet. Still watching though.
yes this, I took an 8% gain in a Q scalp. it is a 5 to 10% kind of scalp day until markets pick a direction.

VIX coiling tighter and SPY correlating with that...

Touchless
AG
I'll look him up. Thanks!
FTAG 2000
AG
Posty's pivots for SPX.

Just ranging in that bear zone (red shading).

Spoony Love
AG
If volume doesn't pick up would that push this down?
jj9000
AG
SPY

wanderer
It's forming quite the pennant today. Getting tighter.
Talon2DSO
AG
That AMD 160c 1/23 leap looks attractive with AMD down to $105.
Spoony Love
AG
Any moment now
BrokeAssAggie
SF2004
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I think bottom for AMD is close. Looking at a position as well.
Dan Scott
AG
Reminder to check your trade before you submit your order.

This morning I sold calls on 3 of my holdings, and wanted to use proceeds to buy SPY puts earlier today. I sold SPY puts to open instead. I immediately bought them back losing $100 and missed out on the dump earlier today.
ryanhnc10
AG
FUBO is a POS. Heading for 11 straight negative days
FTAG 2000
AG
Heavy selling per TICK.
Spoony Love
AG
Stepping back and looking at the 6-month SPY chart and the 200EMA, It simply is not regaining that level. It should have been the clue with this consolidation then an immediate turn down. Maybe bulls try again today.
Max Stonetrail
Talon2DSO said:

This is going to be a dumb question, but I am assuming the 1/23 leap is just the monthly option showing up in my ToS for expiration on 1/20/2023?
Dan Scott
AG
I might regret this but sold my TSLA stock today. The combo sales growth and Elon's innovation is what got me in. Listening to the call from last night, TSLA doesn't care too much about sales, they are focuses on the tech side. All month it's been drilled in my head high PE stocks won't work so I finally got shook.
Talon2DSO
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

Talon2DSO said:

This is going to be a dumb question, but I am assuming the 1/23 leap is just the monthly option showing up in my ToS for expiration on 1/20/2023?

Thats correct. It's the Jan 2023 option.
FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

Stepping back and looking at the 6-month SPY chart and the 200EMA, It simply is not regaining that level. It should have been the clue with this consolidation then an immediate turn down. Maybe bulls try again today.

Looking at some long term (three year) trend lines and immediate support/resistance.\

Even if we push up on SPY, we'll just be getting back into a downward channel that started at the beginning of the month.

Seems we're headed lower, even if we get a short term bounce.

BrokeAssAggie
NASDAQ red
Dan Scott
AG
In my opinion we go back to Monday's low. We couldn't break 200MA to upside. I don't think Apple earnings will be good. Apple warned about supply chain issues last quarter. I know when I went to Apple store they were missing items. There were items on Amazon I didn't buy because there wasn't same day or next day delivery available so it made me pause and ask if I really need it.
wanderer
wanderer said:

It's forming quite the pennant today. Getting tighter.
In case you missed it, it broke (SPY). Did get in on a 1DTE 337P right as it broke.
cageybee77
AG
Max Stonetrail
Talon2DSO said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Talon2DSO said:

Thats correct. It's the Jan 2023 option.
It may not qualify as a leap, but I bought the 9/16/2022 - $160 option about an hour ago.

Great minds think alike!
sts7049
AG
answer: nope
Agsquatch
AG
decliners overtook advancers we goin red
Max Stonetrail
Max Stonetrail said:

Max Stonetrail said:

I have scalped a couple of small SPY P trades this morning. I did OK, but am having trouble staying ahead of the losses on long shares in my account.

Averaged down to $8.68.
Got out of this at $8.92 a half hour ago or so. Made a little money after averaging down.

Back in 2/11 SPY P 433 @ $9.23.
Spoony Love
AG
I wonder what the overall psyche is for retail investors? Fear and greed index is down in the fear side.
Max Stonetrail
I suppose it depends if they are willing to trade the short side. Before options became wildly popular, you would actually borrow and short the stock. The warning was your losses could go to infinity, which is sort of true. For any option trader, the max loss now on a Put is the same as a Call. So, if you don't mind playing the either side, the fear index or whatever sentiment just tells you which side to be on.
Max Stonetrail
Max Stonetrail said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Averaged down to $8.68.
Got out of this at $8.92 a half hour ago or so. Made a little money after averaging down.

Back in 2/11 SPY P 433 @ $9.23.
And out at $10.17. I should really quit for today.

AMD longs are really dragging my account down. I would think the bulls will come in and gobble it up at these prices, but there may be information I don't have. Overall market sentiment being negative is a huge consideration.
Dan Scott
AG
They've killed NIO. All the way back to October 2020 levels.
sts7049
AG
why are you going long against the trend?
First Page Last Page
Page 4929 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.