Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,089 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
200 points!
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I was about to post that tomorrow, 14000 was the bull/bear line on /NQ. Might be moot now.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Just bought a couple hundred MSFT at $275. - there were some crazy buys well above ask there. I saw some print over $286. Very odd, right?
be prepared to take heat.
meaning I bought too early?
yes. I don't think we've bottomed. I think bottom is 4170 now.

Is this HP's take as well?

I'm with you, I think vix will moonshot again soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a few days
Brewmaster
AG
agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Just bought a couple hundred MSFT at $275. - there were some crazy buys well above ask there. I saw some print over $286. Very odd, right?

Just sell cc's at the open tomorrow morning (out a couple months). All good, great dip buy!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

I'm with you, I think vix will moonshot again soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a few days
he said this morning that we don't have a tradeable bottom yet. I won't post his charts here. He thinks volatility will continue as well.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
for the newer traders. AUD/JPY is not a great correlator any longer. EUR/USD is better right now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
for tomorrow:

• The banks already know what the fed is going to say, we (retail) don't. They have people on the inside, just like they do at every american corporation. The industry is corrupt AF if you haven't figured it out already
  • The first move is not always the move
  • Expect morning volatility and then nothing while everyone waits
  • There will be a fury once the initial move happens and then the direction is decided
  • IV is going to be up, premiums will be elevated. It will be difficult to trade because IV will collapse after the fed announcement
  • DO NOT TRADE IN THE 2 HOURS BEFORE THE ANNOUNCEMENT (1pm central)

On S&P:

• 4270 and 4380 have been important levels. One or both will be important tomorrow.
  • The 4340 bull/bear line will also continue to be important. Price is around this right now
  • If you couldn't tell 4400 was resistance today. 4435, 4450, and 4500 will be upper resistance
  • 4270 and 4210 will be support. Below that 4175 and 4150 are your supports. I do not think we will hit either of these tomorrow
  • The 8 EMA and 200 SMA are at 4430 area. That will be fierce resistance and the market will react there if we touch that
  • The 21 is all the way up there at 4560! It would not be unreasonable for us to revert to the falling mean in a rally. The macro trend is still down until we know otherwise.
  • If you are a fibonacci person (I use these a lot), 4353 is the 23.6%, 4440 is 38.2%, 50% or model-T is 4511, 4581 is 61.8%, 4681 is the 78.6%. We hit the 23.6 yesterday and got close to 38.2, we are currently basing right below the 23.6
FJ43
59 South said:

Too busy making sure I don't mess my work project up - thanks 30k for the career advice reiteration...

Just wanted to note something I found interesting this morning. If I'm seeing this correctly, daily volume yesterday on QQQ and IWM was more than any day in March 2020. QQQ was highest daily volume since August 2011. That means something and can't just be chalked up to 'short covering' as a lot of permabear fintwit dorks are rooting for.

Previous daily volumes on these have signaled either medium/long term bottom, or first bottom with successful retest coming within a few weeks. Makes sense with beat up tech and small caps.

SPY kinda similar but not as out of the ordinary. Less volume than 2020, 2018 (2x), 2016, 2015.

Nice post.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

for tomorrow:

• The banks already know what the fed is going to say, we (retail) don't. They have people on the inside, just like they do at every american corporation. The industry is corrupt AF if you haven't figured it out already
  • There will be a fury once the initial move happens and then the direction is decided
  • IV is going to be up, premiums will be elevated. It will be difficult to trade because IV will collapse after the fed announcement

On S&P:

• 4270 and 4380 have been important levels. One or both will be important tomorrow.
  • The 4340 bull/bear line will also continue to be important. Price is around this right now
  • If you couldn't tell 4400 was resistance today. 4435, 4450, and 4500 will be upper resistance
  • 4270 and 4210 will be support. Below that 4175 and 4150 are your supports. I do not think we will hit either of these tomorrow
  • The 8 EMA and 200 SMA are at 4430 area. That will be fierce resistance and the market will react there if we touch that
  • The 21 is all the way up there at 4560! It would not be unreasonable for us to revert to the falling mean in a rally. The macro trend is still down until we know otherwise.
  • If you are a fibonacci person (I use these a lot), 4353 is the 23.6%, 4440 is 38.2%, 50% or model-T is 4511, 4581 is 61.8%, 4681 is the 78.6%. We hit the 23.6 yesterday and got close to 38.2, we are currently basing right below the 23.6

You're on fire with nuggets bro.....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

jimmo
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis just got the free trial of Bookmap enabled on ThinkOrSwim. Gives me access to AAPL, MSFT, and............./ES.
update us when you get it ironed out
heck, I'd never heard of it til today
McInnis 03
AG
jimmo said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis just got the free trial of Bookmap enabled on ThinkOrSwim. Gives me access to AAPL, MSFT, and............./ES.

Can't get it to work, I'm afraid a firewall at work is to blame
jimmo
McInnis 03 said:

jimmo said:

McInnis 03 said:

dang it
always something.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Just as a tidbit, Book maps are great for intraday scalping and getting a gauge for intraday support / resistance. All it tells you is where the wall of liquidity lies.
You do get a few head fakes from algos pulling liquidity last second but in general it is a solid tool.
khkman22
AG
McInnis 03 said:

jimmo said:

McInnis 03 said:

I hear there is someone at your office that may be able to take advantage of the firewall and get it to open up.
frankm01
59 South said:

I too have a pretty common name... not as common as say Bob Smith, but there a lots of people with my name. I got the big X at US customs with interview every single time I re-entered the country for about a decade cause some dude with my name was on the domestic terrorist list. Somehow that stopped in the last couple of years thankfully. Yea I know... cool story bro

And for your trouble, they named a road after you.
MaroonDynasty
https://twitter.com/Pedro_VI_PT/status/1486091004570701824?t=Oe-BDDSIUCAU9CIfotLtag&s=19

LMAO
spud1910
AG

for tomorrow:

On S&P:

Thanks 30K. I appreciate your insight.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Just as a tidbit, Book maps are great for intraday scalping and getting a gauge for intraday support / resistance. All it tells you is where the wall of liquidity lies.
You do get a few head fakes from algos pulling liquidity last second but in general it is a solid tool.
Aggie Daniel,

You've forsaken us. I'm thinking about taking up DOM reading - is there any particular platform you like?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ghetto volume profile.

lobwedgephil
aggiedaniel06 said:

Especially great for futures.

Max Stonetrail

BREwmaster said:

agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

he said this morning that we don't have a tradeable bottom yet. I won't post his charts here. He thinks volatility will continue as well.

So it sounds like you think the market will react negatively tomorrow to whatever Powell says? The rumblings I hear (and I don't know anyone really of consequence outside of here) are he is going to put out new language and it will likely not give any real direction, that's assuming he doesn't announce a rate hike.

Or, is it more regardless of the announcement and the short term reaction, we are headed down the next couple of weeks?
FJ43
What do you do with this?

Brewmaster
AG
watch it or strangle it
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

watch it or strangle it
That's a monthly view of SPY from July 2016

agdaddy04
AG
BREwmaster said:

agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Just sell cc's at the open tomorrow morning (out a couple months). All good, great dip buy!

Was debating if I should just sell on the open and take the $3400 profit…

What strike on a CC are you thinking?
Spoony Love
AG
Man I cannot keep up with this thread in the evenings like I want to. Between show goats and meat birds, I have to consume all of this in the early mornings.

So we bullish until $JPOW? I kid, but honestly I expect a rip in the morning to about $440. Once fed speaks, we see a rip down to test back to $430. I expect the next big drop on Thursday. I don't think we are at a tradable bottom either. I don't know where that is though.

I expect some heavy inflation talk tomorrow to distract from but also support a rate hike.

I'll be ready either way this goes though. Wouldn't it be funny if we just trade sideways? Not funny.
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

Man I cannot keep up with this thread in the evenings like I want to. Between show goats and meat birds, I have to consume all of this in the early mornings.

So we bullish until $JPOW? I kid, but honestly I expect a rip in the morning to about $440. Once fed speaks, we see a rip down to test back to $430. I expect the next big drop on Thursday. I don't think we are at a tradable bottom either. I don't know where that is though.

I expect some heavy inflation talk tomorrow to distract from but also support a rate hike.

I'll be ready either way this goes though. Wouldn't it be funny if we just trade sideways? Not funny.
I'd lean more towards a relief rally tomorrow than what you've outlined. JMO.
Brewmaster
AG
agdaddy04 said:

BREwmaster said:

agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Was debating if I should just sell on the open and take the $3400 profit…

What strike on a CC are you thinking?
yeah if you are up that much pre-market, it'd be hard to pass up $3400. You can always re-enter over the next week or 3 when the dust settles.
McInnis 03
AG

aggiedaniel06 said:

Aggie Daniel,

You've forsaken us. I'm thinking about taking up DOM reading - is there any particular platform you like?

You and me both

Looked at jigsaw. Sierra chart, and bookmap..... The latter seems to have easist access since it has TOS integration
BaylorSpineGuy
Market generally responds well to JPOW. He soothes with his words, yet his poor handling of this situation has exacerbated this inflationary time.

There may be major blood on Thursday. V and MA report earnings on Thursday. MA has had a 1 yr low since last earnings report and rallied some thought now falling back again. It's in a megaphone pattern and it has most recently bounced off the upper trend line. Visa chart also looks weak. May fall to 190 again.

I've bought puts expiring in 10 days on MA. I still think the next move is more down. Two impulsive bounces in the last 2 days couldn't begin to meaningfully recover the lost ground on the SPY. If indeed there was capitulation, institutional money should be driving this market up, yet here we are.

The next 48 hrs will be a wild ride for sure.
lobwedgephil
The setup if there for a face ripping rally off of the Fed, who knows it it will happen. We put in a low, at a meaningful place, where retail were the main sellers, institutions bought it, retraced model T with slight overshoot, was bought back again.

I am not positioning either way, stupid to have trading funds at risk for this sort of event, but the setup to rip up is there.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FJ43 said:

What do you do with this?

I'd draw some bicycle wheels on that mama and buckle up for Engulfuary!
Everybody loves a dirt road
cptthunder
Interesting take with the talk about looking at liquidity
Dan Scott
AG

Like TSLA help carry the markets in October from the hertz announcement I think Elon will carry us again. He'll be on the call tomorrow.
BaylorSpineGuy
I was reading an interesting thread on WSB tonight. Was discussing about the crash on Monday and saying it was basically halted by someone selling a $100B in puts at one instant. The VIX was up around 38 and so triggered selling was basically arrested by that put sell.

Just one guy's theory but interesting. Have to wonder if it was The Fed. One entity, this guy argues, single handedly saved the market.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/sctdk8/market_manipulation_by_some_entity_around_vol/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
First Page Last Page
Page 4914 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.