Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,075,834 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
Triple_Bagger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Couple of real workhorses today

CVX $132.09 / +$4.91

XOM $75.08 / +$2.30
I'm in both of these thanks to your recommendations a few months back
texagbeliever
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought VIX $21P for Feb02.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ProgN said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

And immediately back in.
You reliving your youth?

It still works just as well, Prog. If you repeat that every time she may believe it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

think we pull back a little these last 30 minutes.

That's okay though, right? A little consolidation and as long as we don't flushmancinis 4320 level, the bull thesis remains intact. Then with no surprises tomorrow we can pop 4430, 4435 then run for 4535(!?)
Everybody loves a dirt road
Dan Scott
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Started a position in HYLN today @3.99 (thought this was on the board in early 2021)

Lots of insider buying last month above $6. Current p/e of 1.64, which seems really low for a small cap growth stock.

Chart isn't great and it could go lower from here (book value is 3.37 with 2.36 cash value) but I'm comfortable starting a position at this price.

Check them out.
Tell us more. On first look, the insider selling is much bigger than the buying.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
how did I know
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ags2013
AG
Bulls fall asleep these last 20 minutes? Would love to close in the green for two straight days. Doesn't feel like we've done that for awhile.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm not so sure. This is a fundamentally unhealthy market. Has been for a long time but it's been running on fumes for a while. Giants like AMZN, GOOGL, NVDA, and NFLX have already been cut down. Only a handful stand. Small caps have been slain.

Even these rallies are hard to sustain. Just be cautious for longs here. I'm not going long yet. I may miss the bottom but I'm not gonna risk capital with so much uncertainty.
BrokeAssAggie
Charismatic Megafauna said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

think we pull back a little these last 30 minutes.

That's okay though, right? A little consolidation and as long as we don't flushmancinis 4320 level, the bull thesis remains intact. Then with no surprises tomorrow we can pop 4430, 4435 then run for 4535(!?)
I have no idea. I have been scalping SPY and Q calls/puts. Closing them out by the end of trading, if I have a net free runner I will leave it open.
Talon2DSO
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm not so sure. This is a fundamentally unhealthy market. Has been for a long time but it's been running on fumes for a while. Giants like AMZN, GOOGL, NVDA, and NFLX have already been cut down. Only a handful stand. Small caps have been slain.

Even these rallies are hard to sustain. Just be cautious for longs here. I'm not going long yet. I may miss the bottom but I'm not gonna risk capital with so much uncertainty.

I'm just hoping they all give one good green day. Especially NVDA.
SF2004
AG
Looking like they are going to burn retail again overnight.

Then say "OMG FED NOT AS HAWKISH" and face rip before retail gets in again.

**** should be illegal.
Spoony Love
AG
I feel this post in my bones.

Anybody interested in the $444 SPY 1/26? I played it today from the flat trading timeframe and nearly doubled it. Could be a good scalp in the morning for a rip. Sitting at 1.02

Edit: even cheaper now at .73
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
It's truly highway robbery. I was telling my wife last night about the tweet describing retail selling all day yesterday then the last 2 hours of institutional buying and it struck me just how rigged it is
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm not going long yet.

No sht?
Lol
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've been playing/ holding fridays and i feel a lot better about those, as good news tomorrow will surely get manipulated to crush tomorrow's expiring calls
Saltyag15
AG
Anybody play MSFT earnings?
Dan Scott
AG
Looks like MSFT missed
Dan Scott
AG
MSFT trading below yesterday's low
austinAG90
AG
Two Massive Back to Back Equity Reversals. Positive....What That is Signifying

We are having the second upward back to back up-move in two days... Today the Dow has reversed 1000 points, the S+P 125, and the Nasdaq about 400, with markets giving some of that back in the last few minutes... This is in contrast to what the markets did last week, giving back two back to back massive gains and closing deep in negative territory... This indicates to us, first the obvious, that buyers are coming in bottom fishing or with levels of which they want to buy... But even more so we think it indicates that if the Fed is neutral or dovish to the expected Street expectation tomorrow, we think a risk rally could be significant... We will wait and see...

Treasuries... One would have thought that treasuries yields would be lower based on the risk off activity in the morning, but the moves have been disappointing... 10 years hit 1.79 last night, 1.7263 this morning, and going out at 1.78 now...Kudos to our friends at Dinosaur, who put out a trade idea on 10 year futures using RSI, that targets 126-17 over the next few weeks, when they were trading 128-17 earlier today... That level would clearly kick in all the puts written at the 128 and 127 strike prices that expire 2/18... Interesting idea...

Volatility is not going away and look for it to increase into and out of the Fed meeting tomorrow... But we will look for the pivot move, if there is one, about 18 hours after the presser... One of our friends at BB put an old Greenspan quote into our chat, not sure how long ago, we doubt it was recent... But current...

Greenspan: "I'm saying to myself, 'You can't do point when you've done nothing and it comes out of the blue. The markets will go berserk.' I don't know how I made that point, but I finally got enough votes so they agreed to go with me. Markets almost went berserk, in any event"

This describes the rock and hard place that Powell has backed the Fed into... We think he will lean to faster inflation rather than derailing the economy... Talk to you tomorrow

Ragoo
AG
Trailing stops FTW. Rode the QQQ 350c three times today. $0.15, $0.15, $0.90 winners. Of course that means I left the trailing part on the table.
Brewmaster
AG
Saltyag15 said:

Anybody play MSFT earnings?

Sort of, QQQ put spreads. If MSFT tanks, tech will go down with it
Spoony Love
AG
Did it? I see it beat estimates in EPS and revenue. What am I missing?
Dan Scott
AG
Reminder back in November, Satya Nadella sold 419,292 shares at $344.61 for gross proceeds of $144M
McInnis 03
AG
TXN moon
Saltyag15
AG
Spoony Love said:

Did it? I see it beat estimates in EPS and revenue. What am I missing?
That's what I'm seeing too...interesting...every highlight I read was positive.
BrokeAssAggie
planoaggie123
AG
Dan Scott said:

MSFT trading below yesterday's low
Red today....beat estimates now down 3% after hours....wow....
Saltyag15
AG
Eff it, bought MSFT shares to sit on long term. I know there's still a lot of uncertainty out there, but there is zero reason for them to be down, other than following the macros.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Maybe mu will mt tomorrow and make me some money.
Are you guys excited? I'm excited!
Let's just hope jpow doesn't see these earnings and choose the hawkish speech.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Fed ain't gonna raise no rates.
agdaddy04
AG
Thinking this may be a good time to get back into AAPL? Wait for earnings? It's fallen down a bit AH.
Brewmaster
AG
Saltyag15 said:

Eff it, bought MSFT shares to sit on long term. I know there's still a lot of uncertainty out there, but there is zero reason for them to be down, other than following the macros.

Smart move - I think I see some big buying after hours into this blood
Engine10
AG
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics/vaccine-mandate-osha-withdrawn/index.html

Seriously don't think they'll try any vaccine shenanigans again, it was a loser and now this one officially slapped down. Starting to feel the midterm heat?
Saltyag15
AG
Engine10 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics/vaccine-mandate-osha-withdrawn/index.html

Seriously don't think they'll try any vaccine shenanigans again, it was a loser and now this one officially slapped down. Starting to feel the midterm heat?
DAMN RIGHT! 'MERICA!
First Page Last Page
Page 4912 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.