Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,106 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by ProgN
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

BREwmaster said:

lobwedgephil said:

If we retest today's lows tomorrow, or this week, we are going much lower.

I'll take the much lower bet. Q's look like ****e, megaphone down, roughly 320 at bottom of it, worse still if it dumps out of the megaphone.

Qs hit right above 50% retrace of yesterday's move and have gone back up. I see the megaphone and all of the reasons to explain further bear, but the bounce off the model T is my reason for short-term bull. No confidence which way it goes, but a RTG day with a power hour crater seems as good a chance as anything.
I likes this thesis! although as I type this the Q's are dropping a turd.
Ags2013
AG
BOUNCE
Maximus_Meridius
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BenRev09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I liked you before you had a reputation.

I got you hired when the background check said you were a molester.
I'll never not read his name as Maximus Meridius molester from now on
True story, Maximus has a very common name. As common as a "Larry Brown" or "Robert Jones" type name.

After his interview we were proceeding with hire when we got a call from HR saying he was unhireable due to a previous molestation offense. I said "There is no EFFING way" and challenged them to re-do it, I even called Maximus and told him and he helped get me some more data that separated him from the Maximus the molester. LOL

Maximus the molester was like 20 years older than Maximum the Non-Molesting Aggie. Our HR team just sucked.
That story's never going to die, I don't think. It's all true, though. The only common grounds between me and Maximus the molester was our names, and somehow that triggered the alert. I'd say I'm surprised you remember it, but honestly how can you forget something like that.

Work crisis (mostly) avoided. The fix was pretty straightforward provided it gets approval in the next hour or so.

Be careful here everyone. My SPY and QQQ alerts are making me think we still go down here...
BrokeAssAggie
$342.59ish is my level to hold on Qs
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Move lower stop to $53.2 (purchase price).

I guess I got stopped out. Tough to trade when not sitting at the computer ball day. I might get back in if QQQ gets back over 344.2 for a few candles.
ProgN
Maximus_Meridius said:

That story's never going to die, I don't think. It's all true, though. The only common grounds between me and Maximus the molester was our names, and somehow that triggered the alert. I'd say I'm surprised you remember it, but honestly how can you forget something like that.

Work crisis (mostly) avoided. The fix was pretty straightforward provided it gets approval in the next hour or so.

Be careful here everyone. My SPY and QQQ alerts are making me think we still go down here...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think the huge volume is due to having massive selling volume in the morning and the massive buying volume in the afternoon. Rarely do those both happen on the same day at that level. I do think it was a meaningful rally. I also think there's a lot of potential negative catalysts out there right now and enough fear that a big move down could still come.

Back in to TQQQ at $53.31. Sell bracket at $60 and $52.30.
Spoony Love
AG
Are we just jockeying for tomorrow's Fed meeting?
McInnis 03
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Yeah, I'm gonna forget the single time in my working history that HR put a full stop on a hire of a 22-23 year old Aggie who was supposedly a child molester.....
Max Stonetrail
As a play on energy which has outperformed and also the Ukraine tensions, I bought OIH 2/4 $210 Calls this morning for $10.50. Just sold for $16. Yes, the high and the low and all 20 showing on the volume is my buy and sell. That is kind of weird to see.

ETA: Just saw the flash of a trade and assumed it was complete. That is not all mine. Only 3 of my contracts sold at $16. Still holding 7. There is other volume mixed in.
59 South
AG
I too have a pretty common name... not as common as say Bob Smith, but there a lots of people with my name. I got the big X at US customs with interview every single time I re-entered the country for about a decade cause some dude with my name was on the domestic terrorist list. Somehow that stopped in the last couple of years thankfully. Yea I know... cool story bro
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Back in to TQQQ at $53.31. Sell bracket at $60 and $52.30.

I got out manually. Didn't like the way it looked. I think I'll stay away from that for a bit.
FTAG 2000
AG
Was busy with the day job and missed the BBBY move. Come back down to an entry level please.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
internals looking ok.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire said:

internals looking ok.

Another lunchtime bounce..
cgh1999
AG
59 South said:

I too have a pretty common name... not as common as say Bob Smith, but there a lots of people with my name. I got the big X at US customs with interview every single time I re-entered the country for about a decade cause some dude with my name was on the domestic terrorist list. Somehow that stopped in the last couple of years thankfully. Yea I know... cool story bro

My name is not very common, but someone with the same name committed securities fraud. When I was trying to get my licenses and then renew them, it was a nightmare.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Spoony Love said:

Are we just jockeying for tomorrow's Fed meeting?

Yeah i think we chop until the script gets leaked
Everybody loves a dirt road
FTAG 2000
AG
I hesitate a bit to bring a small cap to the board in this market, but wanted to mention PIXY.

Looks to have put in a left goal post on 12/27, been forming a cup and handle since. Might have missed the start of the move at the end of last week (handle completion). Just got through a big volume shelf a bit ago at 1.86, where I entered.

It's at 2.5x daily volume already today and up 7%.

McInnis 03
AG

Spoony Love
AG
Maybe we are starting to see a leak from a Fed investor. Where's Nancy Pelosi or Dan Crenshaw?
McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

Maybe we are starting to see a leak from a Fed investor. Where's Nancy Pelosi or Dan Crenshaw?
I still can't help but point to those massive massive OTM SPX verticals on 2/11 and 2/18.

Maybe the guy loses millions..........but I don't think so.

And this QQQ call sweep would tend to lean on the same directional move, only sooner.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Looking at QQQ bouncing today I see lower highs and lower lows. I'm not sure if that's tradable in this market though.
Max Stonetrail
Bob Knights Liver said:

Looking at QQQ bouncing today I see lower highs and lower lows. I'm not sure if that's tradable in this market though.
SPY also, but I wouldn't say it's very convincing or with much conviction.
azul_rain
Is the general consensus later Feb early March when we start trending up again
Bird Poo
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
My guess is later half of year. Historically, in mid term years, the markets struggle the first half until the political landscape gets sorted out….markets hate instability or something?

My guess is this is not gonna be a great year to trade long. Find a few discounts that are trending up. Farmer has been indispensable on this front: BTI, T, and a few others. General Mills actually doing well. Oil can rally some more hopefully.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That was a savage MM dump just now.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I get tuning everything out but the technicals, but this looks like an NFT play (that was discussed in guidance at the time of that right goalpost). It was bid up mainly AH and the large volume was mostly selling it back. Let me know how it goes, but I don't have the stones to follow at this point.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I just drew a pennant on the spy 1min that should complete in about a half hour. I was expecting a falling wedge but my artistry isn't mcinnis level and i couldn't make it happen.
Everybody loves a dirt road
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Spoony Love said:

I still can't help but point to those massive massive OTM SPX verticals on 2/11 and 2/18.

Maybe the guy loses millions..........but I don't think so.

And this QQQ call sweep would tend to lean on the same directional move, only sooner.

I followed that guy with some SPX FEB18 4715/4750 because I could get 25x upside on it. Sometimes I just can help myself.
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I get tuning everything out but the technicals, but this looks like an NFT play (that was discussed in guidance at the time of that right goalpost). It was bid up mainly AH and the large volume was mostly selling it back. Let me know how it goes, but I don't have the stones to follow at this point.
Thanks, and good info that I hadn't seen.

I have a comically tight stop on this one and fully expect to get bounced out of it sometime today, but it keeps showing up on my scans and finally broke through that volume shelf earlier.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
VIX almost down to 32. Qs and SPX are at near the top of the little boxes they've danced in much of the day. I'm not gonna say it's aliens, but it's aliens.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Jinxed it again.
OutlawAG04
SPY seems to be sitting in the 23.6 and 78.6 and bouncing each time (levels at roughly 429.97 and 433.16). We may end the day with inside bar action, but the 23.6 and 78.6 levels are what I'm watching for a potential power hour. This thing keeps getting tighter.
Max Stonetrail
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Max Stonetrail said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I just drew a pennant on the spy 1min that should complete in about a half hour. I was expecting a falling wedge but my artistry isn't mcinnis level and i couldn't make it happen.
I can see that.

But aside from the initial sell off then recovery to 434 around 9:45, what we have here is a whole lotta sideways.
First Page Last Page
Page 4909 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.