Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,167 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wanderer said:

And if you'd have bought strong companies at that time, when everyone else was selling and fearful, just picture what your financial position would be today. This tweet only validates why I'm buying positions right now.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Let's sniff this out

2/11 looks like 4700c/4800c SPX
2/18 looks like same strikes.......SPX

planoaggie123
AG
Well said. Sometimes for those of us who are long it's hard to see the short term red (often same day lol) but investing in solid companies will almost always give (if not darn near guaranteed) solid returns. I keep sprinkling small amounts during this down…did some in March 2020 but wish I would have done more
BaylorSpineGuy
I've been trying to figure out since I read this this week. Cryptic….
OutlawAG04
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Someone mentioned a megaphone pattern a couple pages back.

Check out the megaphone pattern on MasterCard since September. It's currently close to the top of the megaphone pattern and a good ways from the bottom.

May be a good short for the next 1-2 months. A fair amount of action on the 350P for 2/18.

Brew called it out. I had been watching it all day. My bullish side wanted to say it was going to break so I think I referenced it as well but refused to act on it (insert foot in mouth). Wishful thinking on the bull side.

That said, I echo some of the comments above… I am nibbling on AMZN, NVDA, TTD, DIS, etc. longer term holds.

SPY and QQQ had great volatility this week. I made my daily goal on my active trading account all week strictly trading waves on those two. Could have been more but I am strictly focusing on nibbling profits where I can grab them right now.

For reference, tic struck today as the day he would start buying spy regardless of the price. He nibbled around the 438.50 level from what I can tell.

Regardless, I am short term bullish…. More for a dead cat bounce than anything. Some levels have to be reached next week to start feeling like we are turning a bottom.

For the time being, I will give myself a pat on the back for not chasing falling knives, taking base hits, and increasing cash position along the way.

I probably played SPY and QQQ 50 times on options this week. Didn't care if it was 3% or 20%. 3-4 points OTM at 1/28 or 2/2 strike dates was less volatile to me and an easy way to scalp. Had 3 red plays the whole week. Base hits add up
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Jet Black said:

I thought about this but didn't do it. Why wouldn't you buy something like UVXY around $10 or lower and just hold it. You know some nonsense is gonna kick off and the vix is going to take off.

People do that.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I've been trying to figure out since I read this this week. Cryptic….

I think they're referring to Carl Icahn. The 4700/4800 is only $5
BaylorSpineGuy
I can't post pics (Aggies already with too much NIL money ;-)), but Cem says it's not Icahn.

A couple comments later he says something like $18.8B notional value on the 4700/4800.

Either way, someone must be sleeping with JPow or have the Fed office bugged to be that certain. And I think they were debit spreads so someone is buying premium, not selling it to be right on this one.
BaylorSpineGuy

This is a good listen. Taped sometime early Friday. He mentions the big 4700/4800 spread buyer toward the end….maybe around min 18-20 or so but while thing is worth a listen. He says the buyer spent around $22B and is historically very good and usually places buys before the Fed meeting.
Brewmaster
AG
OutlawAG04 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Someone mentioned a megaphone pattern a couple pages back.

Check out the megaphone pattern on MasterCard since September. It's currently close to the top of the megaphone pattern and a good ways from the bottom.

May be a good short for the next 1-2 months. A fair amount of action on the 350P for 2/18.

Brew called it out. I had been watching it all day. My bullish side wanted to say it was going to break so I think I referenced it as well but refused to act on it (insert foot in mouth). Wishful thinking on the bull side.

That said, I echo some of the comments above… I am nibbling on AMZN, NVDA, TTD, DIS, etc. longer term holds.

SPY and QQQ had great volatility this week. I made my daily goal on my active trading account all week strictly trading waves on those two. Could have been more but I am strictly focusing on nibbling profits where I can grab them right now.

For reference, tic struck today as the day he would start buying spy regardless of the price. He nibbled around the 438.50 level from what I can tell.

Regardless, I am short term bullish…. More for a dead cat bounce than anything. Some levels have to be reached next week to start feeling like we are turning a bottom.

For the time being, I will give myself a pat on the back for not chasing falling knives, taking base hits, and increasing cash position along the way.

I probably played SPY and QQQ 50 times on options this week. Didn't care if it was 3% or 20%. 3-4 points OTM at 1/28 or 2/2 strike dates was less volatile to me and an easy way to scalp. Had 3 red plays the whole week. Base hits add up
love it! there was a day this week where I was 1 for 3 scalping Q's, but it was a big green day b/c the 2 losers were tiny and the win was big (held til next level down and followed the trend).
Brewmaster
AG
still in tact too...

megaphone up, is one of Mancini's favorite setups, so megaphone down is a pretty bearish setup. Maybe we pop to the top of the range Monday at open, 4430 or so, then dump past 200 day. Then maybe the bleeding will be over for a week or so.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Man i like this take, also jives with dan niles' comments that they expect a little relief before moving lower
Everybody loves a dirt road
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Could also be a big buy coupled with a bunch of smaller big sells before and after the big one. We don't truly know the whole details of that trade - we're only seeing what they want us to see. It's also crazy to think that size of volume on single strikes could be filled.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Who were you before? I haven't figured out you and Max Stonesomething after the last round of name changes.
BaylorSpineGuy
Yeah it's hard to fathom. There are probably only a handful of people who can even throw that kind of jack around.

To hedge $20B in a single direction on such a short timeline, he must be pretty certain or even if he gets the direction right for a short time, he can close the trade early with even a modest gain.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
That or he shorted the absolute **** out of the market and bought those as the hedge to lock in profits so he can unwind slowly.
Jet Black
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Jet Black said:

I thought about this but didn't do it. Why wouldn't you buy something like UVXY around $10 or lower and just hold it. You know some nonsense is gonna kick off and the vix is going to take off.

People do that.

Good to know I'm not talking gibberish.
OutlawAG04

There is always bounces up on the way down and bumps down on the way up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Must be JP Morgan then?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just pay for the sub. I broke down and finally did it. Tell yourself you're doing it for this board. Nobody gives a flip about where you went to school.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Two things today:

I'm kicking myself for not watching Shopify yesterday and shorting the hell out of it. That said, it should bounce because this is just ridiculously oversold. Unlike Roku this is a great company with a great product. I'm just poking at you Roku guys. I know what that's like.

The indexes may go down a little bit more first but they must bounce before going lower because nobody will sell at those prices. It is extremely rare to have this many down days in a row and have Red/green/red days. It's a rate increase not WW3.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
IDK, but this is a good company and I like the idea of a counter trend rally.

You can also sell weekly 700P for $4.
Ragoo
AG
It seems to me that consumer services are being hit hard. Rising inflation and less disposable income - add in roll off of child credit and other stimulative programs - expecting reduced future consumer spending. $SHOP is heavy in e-commerce which may see a big hit.

Edit: I think $NFLX earnings were a leading indicator or proof that sentiment became reality.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Two things today:

I'm kicking myself for not watching Shopify yesterday and shorting the hell out of it. That said, it should bounce because this is just ridiculously oversold. Unlike Roku this is a great company with a great product. I'm just poking at you Roku guys. I know what that's like.

The indexes may go down a little bit more first but they must bounce before going lower because nobody will sell at those prices. It is extremely rare to have this many down days in a row and have Red/green/red days. It's a rate increase not WW3.
It appears to me that the market is pricing in a 50 basis point increase next week. A big relief rally wouldn't surprise me when it doesn't happen.
ProgN
https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-embassy-personnel-family-in-ukraine-ordered-begin-evacuating-officials

This isn't good
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
"Formerly NRD09"
You must not have signatures visible?
Everybody loves a dirt road
Bird Poo
AG
I can only purchase ETFs in my self directed 401K. Do you have any suggested ones for me to research? I'm looking forward to loading up if we have a panic sell off.
Spoony Love
AG
This could be a big catalyst for further down territory.

$30k it just may be WW3 soon
Max Stonetrail
Bob Knights Liver said:

Who were you before? I haven't figured out you and Max Stonesomething after the last round of name changes.
Max Stonetrail has always been Max Stonetrail. I haven't been posting here that long. Not an older poster that changed names.
Irish 2.0
Spoony Love said:

That was announced yesterday. The US isn't going to war with a global power over the Ukraine. Biden doesn't have balls and the Russians are just picking up where they left off with Obama. Europe made their bed with Nord Stream 2, time for them to lay in it. Trump warned them but their hate for him blinded them
Dan Scott
AG
If I see reports that congressmen sold stocks this week I will be pissed
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spoony Love said:

The Ukraine stuff is definitely something to watch.
ProgN
PearlJammin said:

I can only purchase ETFs in my self directed 401K. Do you have any suggested ones for me to research? I'm looking forward to loading up if we have a panic sell off.
No, because I don't use ETFs. However, several guys in here can give you excellent guidance on them.
ProgN
Max Stonetrail said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Max Stonetrail has always been Max Stonetrail. I haven't been posting here that long. Not an older poster that changed names.
Did you just refer to yourself in the 3rd person?
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

Spoony Love said:

That was announced yesterday. The US isn't going to war with a global power over the Ukraine. Biden doesn't have balls and the Russians are just picking up where they left off with Obama. Europe made their bed with Nord Stream 2, time for them to lay in it. Trump warned them but their hate for him blinded them
Yup, we're not going to fight Russia but the market ps will crater. **** is really going to hit the fan when China attacks Taiwan after the Olympics. That will destroy the markets.
First Page Last Page
Page 4889 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.