Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,772 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by I bleed maroon
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Until the 5DMA is reclaimed, gap ups should be faded at technical 60min resistances
Ag CPA
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Ag CPA said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

AAPL spent most of 2021 in the woodshed.
You are thinking of Amazon.
Nope, but AMZN does have an extended stay package. .... Side Note: Read an article about AMZN, most think a split is coming, but a few others feel it will eventually breakout and trade like Berkshire Hathaway and shy away from splits. Article said Bezos learned a lesson from earlier splits and wishes to only have "investors" buy AMZN as those that buy Berkshire - splits arent needed mantra.
I think that AAPL was up around 35% in 2021, not a bad year.
agdaddy04
AG
Yup, I'm glad I sold AAPL as I rode it from $120 to $180 in 2021. However, wish I would've taken profits on AMZN and TTD. that's a big oops.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

McInnis 03 said:

We all bullish now?
no, not at all. we're oversold.
a micro trend reversal. On a macro level there needs to be some significant changes to monetary policy to be bullish. At least a consistent plan. The indecision by the fed is driving the uncertainty.
DavysApprentice
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I hope you guys made some money today.

I tried to be present for you guys today to help - I hope it did. There were good longs above 4460 and good shorts below 4440 and 4000

It is much appreciated for sure. I learn a ton from reading your posts
krosch11
AG
Looks like Vix puts for me on Monday. tight stops.
azul_rain
Man I haven't lost this much money since 2020
SF2004
AG
For some reason $400 SPY feels like the Macro bottom with some bounces along the way.

I am just not sure. SPY sitting at -3 ATR.

Pre-Covid SPY peaked at $360.
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

I just won't believe the selling is over till AAPL and MSFT get taken to the woodshed like AMZN did today.
this is a great point. at least show some capitulation and a nice V

Irish 2.0
I'm not sure we'll see much in terms of AAPL capitulation. It's the market darling. People are running to AAPL as their safety net to keep market participation but with limited downside.
Irish 2.0
Wasn't todays volume like 2.5x normal 30 day average?
azul_rain
Mah we got chicken or whut? MA!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Firmly understand your point. It was just that 1/3/21=$132.05 to 11/11/21=$147.80 was a long long ride and a lot of down in between.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
normally, yes. Markets don't move linearly.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BrokeAssAggie
BREwmaster said:

59 South said:

I just won't believe the selling is over till AAPL and MSFT get taken to the woodshed like AMZN did today.
this is a great point. at least show some capitulation and a nice V

That scene is pretty amazing
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We're having a parabolic move on an index.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is an inverse of the Nasdaq. If you saw this on a chart, you probably wouldn't buy here. There are very high odds of a 200 simple back test.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
What movie is that again?
BrokeAssAggie
Wolf on Wall Street

Jet Black
I thought about this but didn't do it. Why wouldn't you buy something like UVXY around $10 or lower and just hold it. You know some nonsense is gonna kick off and the vix is going to take off.
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Wolf on Wall Street

She is so f'ing hot. I'd mess up my lines on purpose just to keep shooting that scene.
JbKing45
Seven Costanza said:

oldarmy1 said:

BlueTaze said:

WWR CEO and insiders granted vested shares on Tuesday for their performance. From recent news everything looks to be on track operationally, other than the sp bleeding out with rest of smal cap growth sector.

https://twitter.com/InsiderAlerts4U/status/1484540137707118604?t=wGqYnlIDn1vNLRQ_JeZIGA&s=19
I visited with one of the production egineers. He didn't know I was an investor and was almost giddy over the companies technology. Been a hard bear market for small caps and I want to see an explosion move from it Q1.

Do you know how they plan to pay for their plant? From my ignorant business perspective, it seems like a zero revenue company with insufficient cash on hand would need to either further dilute shares or need a massive government subsidy.

I think you're spot on with that. It's interesting position that they are currently in coupled with no real insight into additional contracts.
BlueTaze
If you are small cap heavy and feeling like bailing just know guys like this are buying.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think they'll get both support from local, state, or federal government as well as use that shelf they've already had approved. They do have a substantial amount of cash on hand, but not enough to pay for the plant.
BaylorSpineGuy
Someone mentioned a megaphone pattern a couple pages back.

Check out the megaphone pattern on MasterCard since September. It's currently close to the top of the megaphone pattern and a good ways from the bottom.

May be a good short for the next 1-2 months. A fair amount of action on the 350P for 2/18.

FJ43
This weeks action…Pepper style

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Talon2DSO
AG
FJ43 said:

This weeks action…Pepper style

Not at all wrong. I've been doing that for years. It all goes to **** when it hits the mole.
FJ43
Well….the ol'bicycle broke

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BaylorSpineGuy
Also, looks like the SPX may never keep up with the number of pages on this thread now!
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Also, looks like the SPX may never keep up with the number of pages on this thread now!
5k here we come

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
DJIA Todays Close 34,265.37
DJIA Closing High. 36,799.65 (all time Closing high 1/4/21 1/4/22)
DJIA pullback...........2,534.28 points
DJIA percentage..........6.89% pullback

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/interest-rates/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=yield

Have a great weekend!

ETA: Sorry for any confusion, I had the wrong year and corrected.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The market last week:

The market this week:

agdaddy04
AG
AMZN has pulled back 20 points and many others I'm in have pulled back more than that. Bloody bloody.
SF2004
AG
Boards thoughts on $NVDA?

Hoping the volume shelf at $225 holds but I'm not sure.
wanderer
First Page Last Page
Page 4888 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.