Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,185 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by ProgN
azul_rain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ouch
Ag CPA
AG
What is everyone's cash levels right now (I'm probably around 20% after today). I rode out these inflation/interest rate scares the past year but this one feels different; at this point I would rather just sit on the sidelines to an extent versus trying to keep up with any rotation going on and thanks to my job I am already exposed to energy more than I would like.
Irish 2.0
ProgN said:

LMCane said:

How come every billionaire and professional money manager claims that the surest way to real wealth is simply tracking the sectors and the overall indices?

and Not through day trading?

seems by the time you guys realize what is going to happen- the algos and the professionals have already traded on it.
I momentum trade and outperform every mutual fund every year. Take that for what it's worth.
I think the days of limit downs are done w/o a major catalyst to cause it (war). I think we'll get a morning flush below the 365 on the QQQ and then have some sort of green day. How good, I have zero idea.
Agsquatch
AG
i made 16% on my account, clawing back.

if i wouldn't have been such a paper-handed little nancy boy i would have made an obscene amount of money on the ford puts i blew up my account with last week.

gotta keep focusing on fundamentals. Homeruns are fun and great, but fundamentals win games.
Agsquatch
AG
100% right now, but i also trade like a cave man.
Irish 2.0
Ag CPA said:

What is everyone's cash levels right now (I'm probably around 20% after today). I rode out these inflation/interest rate scares the past year but this one feels different; at this point I would rather just sit on the sidelines to an extent versus trying to keep up with any rotation going on and thanks to my job I am already exposed to energy more than I would like.
Not putting on much in terms of longs until the QQQ reclaims the 50DMA. There are some exceptions to the rule for me like TTD, but that is because I really like it and don't care about my cost of owning it since it is long term. NVDA is going to be hard to stay away from to grab as a long soon. I need to revisit that one on my charts
Spoony Love
AG
I use 150EMA as a close to 144 fib number. Since we shouldn't be trading in those areas very often, I consider it close enough.

Coincidentally, its just above $448, while the 150 sits just below. I'm not trying to nail the right price, just the right direction.
TexasAg2017
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

If you bought puts this morning, you crushed it.

Imagine getting stopped out and then checking before close.
Spoony Love
AG
I sold my $458 SPY put for a double (in at 1.35, out at 2.80). Turns out it would have been a homerun had I held it as it closed at 6.02. But whatever, it helped today.
FJ43
Touchless said:

FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Talon2DSO said:

FJ43 said:

Scalp chart

Does this imply the peak has been hit and its headed back down?
Not yet. Watch 458.02 then 458.51...both ish

3 Min chart...but I watch 5, 10 and peek at hourly scalping and use 3 or less to exit if I am active.

Just a follow up....I didn't get to play this being in meetings but a follow up for those defining their scalping intraday.

How I would have traded this anyway.....

The left arrow is entry long.
The top right arrow is exit long and possible entry short. Could also wait to break of 457.03.
2nd lower right arrow is exit short.

Why would the top right arrow not be about 30 minutes prior on the first pull back?
I wait for it to lose the 12EMA and was hanging above support. I used to just exit at the target SR...which is a better scalping practice IMO. To your point that would have been a perfect exit with greater return.

It was after a few fake moves that I left a lot on the table and decided not to try and be perfect with timing.
FJ43
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Take your time here fj. Don't set the hook too hard, light on the drag...
Now that was my laugh of the day! You are spot on!
wanderer
Ag CPA said:

My cash % keeps rising. Unfortunately it's not because my cash amount is rising it's just that my account value is dropping.
Max Stonetrail
BrokeAssAggie said:

If you bought puts this morning, you crushed it.
I did and I did.

SPY 458 Puts bought at $5.95 exited $8.33. That was a pre-determined price to get out. They ended up at $9.34. I was in a meeting when the bottom fell out and it executed. I'll take the 45% and move on down the road.

Of course, a lot of that was offset by some AMD calls I'm stupidly holding from yesterday. Should have taken the small loss on the open. Instead I have a bag full of boulders left.
Dan Scott
AG
SPY RSI closed at 34.8

January 18, RSI 38, closed at 456.49, next day gap open 457.97
November 30 RSI 37, closed at 450.50, next day no gap. Open 450.60 close at 457.40
October 3, RSI 36, closed at 428.64, next day gap up 430.24 close at 433
September 29, RSI 34, closed at 429.14, next day gap open 430.98 close at 434
September 28 RSI 39, closed at 434.45, next day gap open 435.09
September 27 RSI 37. closed 433.72, next day gap open 435.02
September 20, RSI 32 closed 433.63, next day gap open 436.14
September 19, RSI RSI 32, closed 434.04, next day gap open 436.67
October 29, 2020, RSI 37, closed 326.54, next day gap open 330.20
October 27, 2020 RSI 35, closed 326.66, next day no gap open, closed at 329.98

September 22, 2020 is when it didn't work but next day was green followed by a huge green day and a 10% bounce over next few weeks.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Ag CPA said:

6.5% cash
McInnis 03
AG
Dan Scott said:

SPY RSI closed at 34.8

November 30 RSI 37, closed at 450.50, next day no gap. Open 450.60 close at 457.40

September 22, 2020 is when it didn't work but next day was green followed by a huge green day and a 10% bounce over next few weeks.
Nice little writeup there. Makes me have some hope for the Friday SPY 460c's I bought at close. They don't matter in the grand scheme, but who doesn't like a happy ending?
McInnis 03
AG
HEY YOU! PHRASING!
gougler08
AG
Well looks like I'll be taking positions in PYPL, UPST and DKNG...I like them longer term but will probably make my account look like poo poo in the short term
FTAG 2000
AG
Ag CPA said:

I'm at 80% cash right now.
Spoony Love
AG
So it seems fair to say we could reclaim the 100EMA at $456-ish tomorrow? I could see that happening.

Anybody have a heat map of where the options were being purchased today for SPY? someone posted a tweet with that but i can't find it now.
Ag CPA
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Ag CPA said:

NVDA is going to be hard to stay away from to grab as a long soon. I need to revisit that one on my charts
I tried to catch that falling knife last week (along with Paypal) and cut bait after a few days; was probably part of my epiphany that I needed to step back for awhile.
Mr President Elect
AG
Pffft. Who needs cash up here.

Talon2DSO
AG
Ag CPA said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Ag CPA said:

NVDA is going to be hard to stay away from to grab as a long soon. I need to revisit that one on my charts
I tried to catch that falling knife last week (along with Paypal) and cut bait after a few days; was probably part of my epiphany that I needed to step back for awhile.

I've limited my NVDA exposure to weekly puts. I sell as soon as they are green and then I move on to the next week.
BaylorSpineGuy
I held those puts cause I got busy today and glad I did. I made 20% and cut one, leaving one runner. Expiration is next Friday.

I personally believe we will be in the 440s before then, so the option should pay well. Have a bunch of surgery in next week or so, so will be limited in how active I can be.

I'm close to 65% cash in my trading account. Barely touching my brokerage account right now. Trying to liquidate crypto if it recovers at all.
Dan Scott
AG
HOOD is looking cheap to me. Before they went public, their private market valuation was 11.7B. Market cap today at stock price $13.90 is 11.9B. It's close to bottom
62strat
AG
I'm no cash lol. Just pumped in $15k over the last month.. not working out so well, but it'll come back. Hopefully don't need a large sum of cash for a little bit.
Luckily I got an 8% raise this month with another 8% coming in June, so I may just save it over the next 6 months.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dan Scott said:

SPY RSI closed at 34.8

Nice little writeup there. Makes me have some hope for the Friday SPY 460c's I bought at close. They don't matter in the grand scheme, but who doesn't like a happy ending?

I bought SPY verticals at close, kind of similar play. cheap-ish, out of the money, but could pay nicely.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Today I successfully sold 1 SAVA Jan2024 $100 call and bought 1 SAVA Jan2024$95 call for even. I created a free $5 spread. Just 1 went through, but I f'ing did it. Free money from heaven. That can make me feel better about all of my blood red investment accounts.
Brewmaster
AG
we also had big buys right at the close just like yesterday, they closed it at 456 the day before and we hit 459ish this morning. I think we get at least a small gap up and pop at the open.

thanks for posting this!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ag CPA said:

I am roughly 40% in cash right now in total. The only time I've ever been anywhere near this cash heavy was Jan-Mar2020
BrokeAssAggie
Market is like our current weather in central Texas. In the 80s today, mid 20s tommrow.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Agreed. I'd bet an enchilada plate dinner that we're green tomorrow due to OPEX shenanigans. And I don't talk about Mexican food lightly. Maybe even start red and flip to green by the end of the day.
Irish 2.0
Bob Knights Liver said:

Agreed. I'd bet an enchilada plate dinner that we're green tomorrow due to OPEX shenanigans. And I don't talk about Mexican food lightly. Maybe even start red and flip to green by the end of the day.

It's Wednesday which means El Tiempo fajita special tonight!!
Ags2013
AG
My percentage in cash is getting higher naturally as my stocks go down.
FJ43
Ags2013 said:

My percentage in cash is getting higher naturally as my stocks go down.
Tied for my laugh of the day!
First Page Last Page
Page 4863 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.