Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,049,160 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by Cru
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mornun!

ES traded lower overnight to 4535.50 but back green.
US & EU green with Asia mostly red
VIX is over 22 and peaked about 23.20 premarket
'Feels' like sell the bounce as trades.

FUTU on my short list to watch (via alerts that is). If closes over the 50 could be interesting.

Yeah, I love trading and one of my favorite things to do actually. However, overtrading can be a bad recipe especially in this market sentiment.......

For me...practice exercising patience for the right setup and be quick to cut if the trade breaks.....if not....

Trade wisely!
FJ43
59 South said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Can someone please clarify the correlation between SPX, ES=F, and SPY? I've noticed that 4560 ESF is not exactly 4560 SPX or 456 SPY, etc.

Somebody else may be able to go into more detail, but this is my simple basic understanding:

SPX: Actual S&P 500 traded during normal market hours, sum of all parts of S&P 500 index. The 'actual' market

ES=F: Futures on SPX, traded during normal market hours + a substantial amount of extended hours, think of it like orange juice futures vs orange juice. SPX is the price of orange juice traded right now and ES=F is a contract for orange juice with an agreed price sometime in the future.

SPY: an ETF (an aggregate investment product like a mutual fund except traded live like a stock and also with options unlike mutual funds); it is designed to correlate as closely as possible to SPX, but like any aggregate product it gets a little off balance and requires rebalancing from time to time to 're-correlate' to the object that is is designed to mimic. SPY's objective is to mimic the SPX and trade at a value of approximately 10% of SPX for ease of math and options.

There are tons of ETFs now for all kinds of stuff, and there used to be none. SMH (semi-conductors) or JETS (airlines) for example are tickers designed to correlate to specific sectors.
gougler08
AG
OA knowledge drop + FJ futures post…we are back boys!
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

$SPY 455 is key. Translate that to the S&P and same. If you're in deep it's never a bad move to lighten your load through the fog. We could hold this key support, as we did first test today, But it could easily breakdown and bleed out for some time.

Long holdings I tend to pick a few shares up during each level down. Trades I've already lightened up,

Example is BIGC. I'm surprised to see it under $30. Long term I think it's a big winner, but it makes me wonder just how low we'll spiral before it finds major support levels. Same with most anything. There's no magic bullet to these periods. Is it opportunity or peril? All you can do is watch for a massive volume day with a "V".
Can you go ahead and generate a massive volume "V" for us to get things started?

Asking for a friend.
59 South
AG
We're back baby! Felt the urge for some 'mansplaining' as the missus likes to call it.

FJ43
59 South said:

We're back baby! Felt the urge for some 'mansplaining' as the missus likes to call it.

Nuggets of wisdom bro...keep'em coming!

And for the love of all of us degenerates on this board find us a setup while you're at it for crying out loud.
FJ43
"Just wait for all the panic posts with mad faces and crying emojis throwing in the towel. Then slap that capital in and wait for the magic!"

Priceless....
FJ43

59's reference to 2018.

Look at those % moves.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
For context is red the 200-ema and yellow the 20?
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

For context is red the 200-ema and yellow the 20?
I typically use:

Pink = 5 EMA
Green = 8 EMA
White = 12 EMA
Yellow = 21 EMA
Light Blue = 50 EMA
Orange = 100 EMA
Red = 200 EMA
FJ43
This 458.51 has been a SR level that we need to confirm.

cageybee77
AG
"goodbye Norma Jean"
59 South
AG
FJ43 said:

59 South said:

Nuggets of wisdom bro...keep'em coming!

And for the love of all of us degenerates on this board find us a setup while you're at it for crying out loud.
I'm not seeing any right now. There hasn't been many I have much confidence in the past few weeks. SPY was setup to the downside a couple times last week and the week before. The only upside I've seen so far in January was JD the first week, and it would have been a home run but didn't have the time to trade it or even post it.
McInnis 03
AG
Morgan Stanley $MS on the move upward this AM with solid $2.08 EPS over the $2 estimate, but sales missed $14.5B vs $14.77B
McInnis 03
AG
Let's sniff this out

2/11 looks like 4700c/4800c SPX
2/18 looks like same strikes.......SPX

Irish 2.0
Remember, do not buy this gap up. I would not look to get long anything, even for a scalp, unless we can take out yesterday's opening high. 460 SPY and 376.50 QQQ is what I'll be watching and waiting on
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03
AG
yeah, I found'em after a quick scan.

If dealers are short those 4700's, that's gonna be the resistance for awhile.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Is anyone in here still in SNDL? Trying to figure out what to do with this one. Another small cap who has good news and falls. I know some people are really not fans of this stock understandably. My average is 0.68. It's run up to .95 at least once in the last 2 months and was stable above $1 till about 6 months ago
FJ43
Irish 2.0 said:

Remember, do not buy this gap up. I would not look to get long anything, even for a scalp, unless we can take out yesterday's opening high. 460 SPY and 376.50 QQQ is what I'll be watching and waiting on

I've got an alert set for yesterday opening high. Even if we tap I'll exit some calls and wait for confirmation.
FJ43
Aggiesincebirth said:

Is anyone in here still in SNDL? Trying to figure out what to do with this one. Another small cap who has good news and falls. I know some people are really not fans of this stock understandably. My average is 0.68. It's run up to .95 at least once in the last 2 months and was stable above $1 till about 6 months ago

Have you been selling covered calls against shares?
Dan Scott
AG
DWAC still going
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'll be using this pop to get rid of everything else I don't want to hold long-term. The stuff I should have gotten rid of a couple weeks ago.
azul_rain
Gonna start dollar cost averaging TQQQ, this is how I win
AgShaun00
AG
mancini newsletter is only 22/mo and the detail on the levels makes my head hurt. Good stuff. small snippet

Quote:

• For bulls, if we do defend supports and clear 4620, then next big level up is 4665-4670 and we begin working up the lvls shown in my chart. Impossible to know what price will look like then so I can't say how I'd react there yet, but if price doesn't see a good sell attempt at 4620, my basic instinct now is it would probably try one there (with 4620 then being support etc). Above there is 4700-4705 which I believe is the ultimate gateway to new ATHS at 4835.

GTIAG09
AG
This seems like good news for those of you in Fubo

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220119005129/en/
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Be careful with that one. Higher volatility means higher premiums they pay to leverage, which equals higher decay. Any up moves will crush your investment. Might want to wait for a trend to confirm before getting much in there.
cageybee77
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

I would sell all the shares and buy some good pot with the $. That way you'll get at least some enjoyment out of it.
Irish 2.0
cageybee77 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I would sell all the shares and buy some good pot with the $. That way you'll get at least some enjoyment out of it.
Irish 1.0 approves of this message....assuming you share with him
Max Stonetrail
Irish 2.0 said:

I got sucked into some SPY and AMD longs yesterday by not paying attention to the macros. Should be able to get out on the gap up this morning.

Sometimes I forget to read my own posts.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

cageybee77 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Irish 1.0 approves of this message....assuming you share with him
Now I know why you posted on F16 that you bought $300+ in Girl Scout cookies.
Irish 2.0
That was just initial order. I'm sure some of my friends sex trophies will nail me for another couple hundred before it is all said and done.
cageybee77
AG
the question is: when will there be a marijuana futures index - and will anyone care what it says?

duuuude...check it out. nevermind, pass me the oreos.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

That was just initial order. I'm sure some of my friends sex trophies will nail me for another couple hundred before it is all said and done.
cageybee77
AG
anybody tempted to buy $SOFI?
First Page Last Page
Page 4857 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.