Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,401 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 24 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, those spy $470 calls will probably be poop in the morning
ProgN
BrokeAssAggie said:

Well, those spy $470 calls will probably be poop in the morning
I believe Irish has posted before that if you fret over futures during the night, then you're too exposed. I took trading positions on Friday so I don't have much cash/buying power right now. However, if I did, then I'd scoop of shares on some big stocks for a trade at the open. It wouldn't surprise me if we go R2G tomorrow.
lobwedgephil
Its futures, its ugly now, but could wake up green. The move usually happens 2-3am.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You have to ignore algorithms during low liquidity times.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
How can you tell it's an algo? They're not allowing any positive ticks.
austinAG90
AG
yep
FJ43

Mornun Gents!

Red across the ponds and gapping down early.

SPY IMO watch 456.98 to downside (100EMA) and 465 (50 EMA...ish) to upside.

Market is best for trading at the moment. Few longs for me until confirmed reversals.

Don't let it be personal...its just a transaction...you vs. the other guy (or Mr. Algo).....

Now go win!

Trade wisely!

Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 upon opening his account this morning.

Getting real tired of this selling!! I want green dammit! I'm not overexposed, I just hate trading to the short side!
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I still think we're likely for big chop this week. Maybe an aggressive red day today and then a rtg day tomorrow? However it happens I think we'll wait a week before any massive selloff or run up. Stay nimble and don't let them freak you out.
FJ43

For my fellow SPY degenerate scalpers

I still have those 470C for this week 1/21. Need some help or busted trade.

Will take some juice IMO to break the upper trend line (yellow). Approx 470.19...ish (red SR level). Downside I think 455.21...ish is important.

We are right at the first level downside trend line (yellow). Second level downside trend line about that 455.21...ish.

For me....no guessing...trade levels and/or EMAs on scalping.
FJ43
Irish 2.0 said:

Irish 2.0 upon opening his account this morning.

Getting real tired of this selling!! I want green dammit! I'm not overexposed, I just hate trading to the short side!
I'm with you brother. For whatever mental reason I never feel as 'comfortable' to the downside as I do the upside even though I trade both. Makes no sense as a technical trader.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

I still think we're likely for big chop this week. Maybe an aggressive red day today and then a rtg day tomorrow? However it happens I think we'll wait a week before any massive selloff or run up. Stay nimble and don't let them freak you out.
OPEX week so I suspect today/tomorrow chop followed by premium crush into Friday. We shall see.....
FJ43

BBIG

Not sure what got in its Wheaties but hard to ignore. Wish I would have caught this one earlier but that is the pain of 'inactive' trading.

Over premarket high of $4.74 and think this has room to $6+
IMO best to enter at $4.07 or better $3.95ish. No need to time perfectly.
MT about $7.33
Goal posts

FJ43

Possible lotto size trade....

DISCA
Weekly 32.50C over $31.18.
Needs over 32.28 to go I think.
Could also go out to Feb.

Posted yesterday as a maybe and on my watch list if I can react to alerts or not.

FJ43
Engine10
AG
GS little miss, still crushing it though
Engine10
AG
That's a big #. Whatever they did in Q4, keep that **** up!
Engine10
AG
A $MSFT / $ATVI tie up sounds like it's in the works, bet Microsoft gets a Smokin deal after all of the workplace issues over there. $ATVI jumped $65 to $90
austinAG90
AG
Fears of Fed Hawkishness Accelerate..2 Years Hit 1.05... Nasdaq Slumps 2%

Late last week ,and again over the weekend, the fears of accelerating Fed Hawkishness continues to increase.. The front end of the US Treasury curve has hit new highs as 2 years hit 1.056, 5 years 1.65 and 10 years 1.85... All hit their highs during Asian time and have come marginally since...US equity futures do not like the accelerating rate fears and have slumped with the S+P futures hitting down 65 points, now down 42, and the Nasdaq slumping down over 310 points, now down 225... It is an ugly start to a holiday shortened week.

The Fed and rates.... As we said last night, 2 years , 5 years and 10 years have now met our first level of support and are now through it... With 2 years breaking 1%, (1.056 overnight), the next level objective is 1.31.. For 5 years it is 1.77 and for 10 years 1.92...Overseas rates are getting hit as well, with the Swiss 10 year being the latest to flip to a positive yield this morning... The 10 year Bund is the last of the major 10 year space still in negative territory... It will go as well...

The yield curve is flattening this morning with 5/30 flatter by another 3.5... While 2/10 flatter by 2.3... We expect more pressure on the long end of treasuries until we see a break of equities to corrective levels toward 10%...

What will the Fed do?...There continues to be accelerating fears of Fed Hawkishness... Some are calling for a 50 basis increase in March (Ackman talking his book)...Dimon on Friday talked about as many as 7 this year... And Citi talked about raises in March, May and June... So far no one is talking about a rate rise next week... WE EXPECT THE FED TO SPEED UP TAPERING AT THEIR MEETING NEXT WEEK... ENDING TAPERING BY THE END OF FEBRUARY... No longer March... The Fed is way behind the inflation curve, and they are feeling the political heat that inflation is now enemy number 1... Ahead of employment and Covid... Although Covid continues to make inflation worse by attacking the supply chain.

Supply Chain... Is it getting better?... Some think so, we are not in that camp...President Xi of China gave a speech at the World Economic Forum via video yesterday where he is very concerned about the global supply chains. He said
"We need to resolve various risks and promote the steady recovery of the world economy," Xi said at the World Economic Forum via video link on Monday,
"The global industrial and supply chains have been disrupted," he added. "Commodity prices continue to rise. Energy supply remains tight. These risks compound one another and heighten the uncertainty about the economic recovery."

Meanwhile some of China's larger cities remain in lock-down... Barron's checked in with SpaceKnow, a satellite company that tracks global supply chains by watching infrastructure via scanning ports, thousands of logistic centers and major trucking stops... Daily data gathered from space depict high port congestion, that is not actually improving...so do not be quick to believe the headlines that that supply chain is getting better... It is still a big problem... And yes "big brother is watching".

Lots of fears out there.... Here are some of our views concerning headlines we read over the weekend....

1) Will the Fed raise 50 in March? No
2) Are all meetings live?.. Could the Fed move March, May, and June?... Maybe but we doubt it... We still think 3-4 moves this year... With a combination of QT...
3) How much QT will the Fed do?...50-100 billion a month once they get started seems reasonable... But once 10 years get above 2%... On the way to our 2.33 objective, we are not sure... Depends on equities...
4) Natwest talked about the forward rates in Barron's... Forwards see 10 years going to 1.94 this year and 2.06 next year.. We think rates will accelerate well beyond that...
5)... Why is the dollar index slumping given the high rates of the US and the Fed outlook... Our view is that rates play a minor role in currencies... And the health of the economies are paramount for the dollar... There is a slowdown in the US, part because of supply chains and availability of goods... And part because of the rapid increase in Covid cases... But the economic numbers will bounce back...

This week will be another choppy one with an ugly start on rates and equities. It will remain choppy going into the Fed meeting next week... But while fears are rampant, we have not seen the panic move yet...

Manage your risk...stay liquid for now... With plenty of fresh powder
McInnis 03
AG
Msft buying atvi
FJ43
Irish 2.0
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Msft buying atvi
Ummmmm

Irish 2.0

$68.7B cash...Also known as the change found in the cushions of the Microsoft lobby...
McInnis 03
AG
Scalped NQ short a few times this morning, but I'm actually long ATM off of 15347....longer term it's down but super short term (15min and less) the trend has changed for the moment. LOTS of volume at 13330 too. There are single prints from like 387 to 410....the move there like should be FASTTTTTTTTTTTT
Irish 2.0
The buyout effect on sectors...
Max Stonetrail
Relived I got out of my AMD and SPY swing trades Friday...

I know we mostly focus on today, but it wouldn't surprise me to see low 400's for SPY in the next month. So many headwinds like rates, geopolitics around the Olympics, sabre rattling, and supply chain to the market.
BrokeAssAggie
SPY was bouncing of $460 all last week. This open is going to be interesting
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Microsoft just bought Activison-Blizzard for $68B?!
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Scalped NQ short a few times this morning, but I'm actually long ATM off of 15347....longer term it's down but super short term (15min and less) the trend has changed for the moment. LOTS of volume at 13330 too. There are single prints from like 387 to 410....the move there like should be FASTTTTTTTTTTTT
Visual

Ranger222
AG
I had ATVI on top of my watchlist his week

oh well
McInnis 03
AG
Ughhhhhhhhhh, they're not gonna get into the singles before open are they?

UPDATE: Tagged 15381.75 and then SMACKED down. Going to watch that area.
Engine10
AG
Love this for $PTON - they're clearly out over their skis and have to reign it in, this smells like a "prepare to get bought" evaluation vs. trying to go it alone. No relief yet but if they announce a bunch of cuts they may be able to turn it around.

Wouldn't be surprised by an $AAPL acquisition after the valuation hammer they've taken.

Irish 2.0
PTON needs someone familiar with how a PE runs and needs to do some major cost cutting and book dressing up.

I absolutely hated working for a PE because I despise micro-management. But I'd be remissed to not recognize that the business model does indeed work
BrokeAssAggie
WTI $85, Jan 2014 was the last time we reached that level.
First Page Last Page
Page 4852 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.