Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,335 Views | 231654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ProgN said:

IIRC, he was "El Nino".

Yep
ProgN
Jet Black said:

What are the thoughts on DWAC?
Personally I like DWAC near $50 or below. It has a lot of support there. I posted a couple of days ago that when Trump's media platform goes live that I expect it gap higher for a great trade. The next day the day for the release was published and it jumped, confirming my hypothesis.
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Have a look at options chain on RGR. The Jan '23 67.5 ITM calls are B/A 6.30-8.40. The delta on that is .58 and a theta of -.01. IV is low at 31%.

The chart looks overall favorable. Am I missing something here? Does this look like a good trade or better to hold shares of a good dividend company?
Chart looks bad, below all moving averages, about to break out of an ascending wedge. Trade probably works long term, but chart suggests more downside, so can likely get better price.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't see any utility in meaningfully posting on F16. 95% of ags are going to agree with most conservative positions and you aren't going to change the minds of anyone who doesn't. Just not the best use of your mental cycles IMO.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lobwedgephil said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Have a look at options chain on RGR. The Jan '23 67.5 ITM calls are B/A 6.30-8.40. The delta on that is .58 and a theta of -.01. IV is low at 31%.

The chart looks overall favorable. Am I missing something here? Does this look like a good trade or better to hold shares of a good dividend company?
Chart looks bad, below all moving averages, about to break out of an ascending wedge. Trade probably works long term, but chart suggests more downside, so can likely get better price.

Shares are better (dividend). Just don't sell calls near the ex dividend date.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Buy CLOV, sell Feb 3C. Be happy.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Salesforce and Adobe, very cheap. Both will bounce, but you can buy cheaper next week probably. ADBE January 490 buy write is free money. Worst case you own shares at 485.

If you have heard the term "digital transformation", these two are it.

Y'all probably laughed when I said I bought $HPQ for $37.5. Guess what has gone up this week. This should hit $45.

$SHOP is one I'm going to watch. It's basically stupid oversold. I want to buy at $1100.
sts7049
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I don't see any utility in meaningfully posting on F16. 95% of ags are going to agree with most conservative positions and you aren't going to change the minds of anyone who doesn't. Just not the best use of your mental cycles IMO.
totally agree
Talon2DSO
AG
ProgN said:

IIRC, he was "El Nino".

I believe thats Spanish for "the nino"
59 South
AG
ProgN said:

No inside info, but my gut feeling is that they will be added to the S&P within the next 3 years and we all know what that means. I don't want to catch a falling knife but I also don't want to not own it at a discount if I'm right. Raise a pint of fresh draft Guinness for me mate.
Yes, S&P inclusion would be a major catalyst, and I'd think it would happen sooner than 3 years if it is going to happen. They already have all the boxes checked I believe, and Q4 should be the 6th straight positive earnings. Cheers mate!

To be eligible for S&P 500 index inclusion, a company should be a U.S. company, have a market capitalization of at least $13.1 billion, be highly liquid, and have a public float of at least 10% of its shares outstanding. The company must also be profitable in its most recent quarter's earnings, and the sum of its trailing four consecutive quarters' earnings must be positive.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is a good example from F16. Only on TexAgs would people want to primary Ted Cruz.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3264342/1#discussion
59 South
AG
So if we get a good rout correction in the next few months (20% indices Q4 2018 type stuff), what's the shopping watchlist look like?

I usually just load up more on high long term convictions when they're on sale (for me that would be SQ, ROKU, PLTR, FUBO right now).

Sweet spot $1-5B market cap (these are the ones that can go 10x):
MGNI
OSTK
ENVX

Larger companies (double digit billions market cap):
DOCU
TTD
PINS
MELI

I'm looking for potential big big winners and not the safer with good upside names like AMZN, ADBE, CRM, etc. which would also be great buys if you don't have as much risk tolerance.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Roku has H patterned three times. It's comically oversold.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
For me:

FB
MSFT
NFLX
CRM
ADBE
59 South
AG

This is a good example from F16. Only on TexAgs would people want to primary Ted Cruz.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3264342/1#discussion
We are in a world now where even the slightest moderate and even way further out on the spectrum politicians are gonna get canceled by their own party. Next stop David Duke vs AOC for POTUS!

Ok that's enough politics talk for me for the whole year! Sorry for the clutter.

TLDR - stay off f16, especially you Prog... we need your insight here daily at minimum.
59 South
AG
I think there's a scenario out there where we could get an SPX 20% correction (would be about 3850 if no new ATH before), and growth/smaller tech/small caps hold up relatively well staying flattish through it all.

It would take a rotation from the big steady 'safe' SPX big boy winners over the past year that have made big moves (AAPL, TSLA, NVDA, MSFT, etc.) to high growth lower market caps. Seems plausible just a simple rotation of money from those big boys could create a 'correction' and with inflation, the money likely goes somewhere other than cash.
59 South
AG
I'm also cracking up that there's only been a couple posts with 'stacked' icons on this thread. You tight wads!

WWR to 25 and every damn poster on here should have it including the resident Baylor Bear. I'll personally join The 700 Club or whatever it is called in that case.

There's a Southpark gif that I want to post but would probably get me banned. See, self control boys.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
cageybee77
AG
59 South said:

I'm also cracking up that there's only been a couple posts with 'stacked' icons on this thread. You tight wads!

WWR to 25 and every damn poster on here should have it including the resident Baylor Bear. I'll personally join The 700 Club or whatever it is called in that case.

There's a Southpark gif that I want to post but would probably get me banned. See, self control boys.
lol. there's no money in it.
59 South
AG

6 month waterfall pattern on the monthly!!!
ProgN
59 South said:

TLDR - stay off f16, especially you Prog...

Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

I think there's a scenario out there where we could get an SPX 20% correction (would be about 3850 if no new ATH before), and growth/smaller tech/small caps hold up relatively well staying flattish through it all.

It would take a rotation from the big steady 'safe' SPX big boy winners over the past year that have made big moves (AAPL, TSLA, NVDA, MSFT, etc.) to high growth lower market caps. Seems plausible just a simple rotation of money from those big boys could create a 'correction' and with inflation, the money likely goes somewhere other than cash.
call me skeptical, but why would growth and small tech/ caps hold up well in a 20% correction? IMO, sub 4000 and everything small is going to continue to get hammered. FUBO for example isn't making money yet, I think companies not in the green will be the ones hit hardest.

WWR on the other hand though is very intriguing from a volume standpoint - huge buys the last few days (looks like dark pool, 500k to 1 mil shares). I know they are still a year away from producing anything, but big buyers know something. I would think at least a good run this month with small caps taking off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I harvested my ROKU losses in December and bought back almost my entire position this week. (Kept my Roth shares though.)

I figure I've held this long, it HAS to be nearing bottom right?

I'm also hopeful because the Winter Olympics are around the corner and the 2021 Olympics is when it hit its ATH.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
59 South said:

I was wondering what those were and I just looked it up. Not going to do it now for two reasons: 1) I like watching us win and all of that, but I don't want to have "access" to the players; 2) I want to see what type of financial transparency our friends at TA provide and how much makes it to the players.
ProgN
75% goes to the athletes.

We won't have direct access to the players.
Ragoo
AG

59 South said:

I was wondering what those were and I just looked it up. Not going to do it now for two reasons: 1) I like watching us win and all of that, but I don't want to have "access" to the players; 2) I want to see what type of financial transparency our friends at TA provide and how much makes it to the players.
i am not signing up mainly for #1. I just don't care about player interviews. But there is a page that shows exactly the commitment number. I don't know if that is instantaneous or a projection based on a year of subscriptions though.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I harvested my ROKU losses in December and bought back almost my entire position this week. (Kept my Roth shares though.)

I'm also hopeful because the Winter Olympics are around the corner and the 2021 Olympics is when it hit its ATH.

To be clear on my opinion, I don't think the 2022 low is in. I think it will provide a tradeable bounce. It's lost 20% in three sessions. That's insane for a large cap tech stock with earnings, a functional product, and no real news.
wanderer
I hope you're right about WWR but I'm not seeing the large volume you're talking about. Daily volume hasn't exceeded 1M this past week.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I was trying to politely convey that I don't care what the athletes or really anyone 18-22 have to say.
ProgN
Agreed
gougler08
AG

Brian Earl Spilner said:

To be clear on my opinion, I don't think the 2022 low is in. I think it will provide a tradeable bounce. It's lost 20% in three sessions. That's insane for a large cap tech stock with earnings, a functional product, and no real news.

I had my sold Jan put exercised early at a $230 cost basis but I'm perfectly happy with that position and will just now sell monthly covered calls on it to generate some cash
gougler08
AG
They can also come for my TWLO 260 Feb puts or Jan UPST 120 puts if they feel like it
Brewmaster
AG
wanderer said:

I hope you're right about WWR but I'm not seeing the large volume you're talking about. Daily volume hasn't exceeded 1M this past week.
that's why I think it's dark pool (only shows up in my app). big share blocks moving around, a few sells, but mostly buys between 500k and 1 mil.

for the record, the last time I noticed these was May 27th in the low $4's, then by June it hit 5.70's. No guarantees, but this could mean something.

also about this time last year (Jan 19th actually), WWR ran from 7 to $11.45 by early February. (small cap rotation/ seasonality)
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
My sons (6 and 10) brought me money today and said they wanted to invest It in the stock market. It's a mix of saved up allowance and some Christmas money. I told them a while ago I'd match anything they put into the market. So where would you all put the money? I hope they won't touch it for a very, very long time.
Diggity
AG
Offered without comment

Quote:

There is a famous story, we don't know if it's true, about how in the late summer of 1929, a shoe-shine boy gave Joe Kennedy stock tips, and Kennedy, being a wise old investor, thought, "If shoe shine boys are giving stock tips, then it's time to get out of the market." So the story says Joe Kennedy sold all of his stocks and made a killing, and maybe that's the beginning of the fortune that made JFK president three decades later.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BAC for now.
First Page Last Page
Page 4818 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.