Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,041,030 Views | 231649 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by ProgN
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When was the last time WWR was higher than CLOV? That may happen here soon..,without a WWR run.
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

Strangely quiet close for a Friday.
SPY closing down on the last 5 minute candle but a lot of individual stocks i was watching had some big buys...
Very interesting/odd close
62strat
AG
What's with airline stocks?

My 3 top movers today were UAL, LUV and SAVE all 3%+
McInnis 03
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Q's trying like hell to hold $380
There was SOOOOOOOOOOO much action on that 380p today. It was holding the QQQ's up the later part of the day.

Spoony Love
AG
Oddly quiet for sure.

I think we see SPY have a bad week starting Monday afternoon. Bad job numbers, seasonality, interest rate hikes incoming, inflation concerns continuing, plus a very cold and wet weekend for many in the US and it's looking like a gray cloud over the market next week.

VIX is poised to jump over 20 again and that could produce some pain.

But all is not lost at our place, it's bacon smoking weekend despite the rain chances. Exciting.
azul_rain
I can thank F16 for that
McInnis 03
AG
Checking the -3ATR scan on daily right now, adn damn, did DR Horton get beat the heck down this week or WHAT?!

And TREX, good grief.
ProgN
62strat said:

What's with airline stocks?

My 3 top movers today were UAL, LUV and SAVE all 3%+
Omicron is proving out to be weak AF and the CDC dropping quarantine recs is positive. I flew back yesterday and the plane and airport was packed. The major headwinds are if SCOTUS upholds the illegal mandate and then they make make domestic travel require the vaccine. Then airlines will get hit.
azul_rain
Government
wanderer
McInnis 03 said:

Checking the -3ATR scan on daily right now, adn damn, did DR Horton get beat the heck down this week or WHAT?!

And TREX, good grief.
To be fair, TREX has had a rough last 65 million years....

BPCAg05
AG
Not exactly a glowing recommendation for WWR. It's light on details but the dilution to pay for Phase 1 is concerning.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4477603-wes****er-resources-dangerous-for-bears-wwr?utm_campaign=twitter_automated&utm_content=article&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_automated
denied
Filter doesn't like

T
W
A
T

Funny how it just looks for strings of letters instead of looking if there is anything before or after.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

Oddly quiet for sure.

I think we see SPY have a bad week starting Monday afternoon. Bad job numbers, seasonality, interest rate hikes incoming, inflation concerns continuing, plus a very cold and wet weekend for many in the US and it's looking like a gray cloud over the market next week.

VIX is poised to jump over 20 again and that could produce some pain.

But all is not lost at our place, it's bacon smoking weekend despite the rain chances. Exciting.
yep and yep! I noticed a bunch of flow on NVDA 250P's for next week, AMD looks bearish too. I bet the blood isn't over.

and nice! I just smoked pork butts and 2 racks of baby backs today...still rolling along actually, got a couple more hours.
59 South
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

You still holding on to FUBO, 59?

Yes, same as Irish I have sold some covered calls over the past year a time or two. I once sold $60 calls out a couple months for something like $11.

I still think long term it has a good chance to be a big winner. I'm betting on them figuring out the live sports betting integration. It may take 5-10 years, but that's my time frame on it. If it fails long term, it fails. I understand the risk and accept it. I'm a junkie for disruptor companies in the $1-5B market cap range. Biggest upside potential with the lowest risk IMO.

Also should add I'm impressed by the CEO. That is also something I look for. It's actually one of my only long term concerns with ROKU. Tony Wood needs to do more with publicity. Not sure he understands how to play the public company CEO game.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Diggity
AG

screw this poster for reminding me what a dumpster fire CLOV is
BaylorSpineGuy
Donation incoming to The Human Fund.
Jet Black
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Donation incoming to The Human Fund.

Money for people
Spoony Love
AG
This is first go round with the newly finished smokehouse. 36 cubic feet of smoking volume and I'm good to go. I may pull something else out and add to it. I do have some ribs on the sideline.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone know the reason for the semiconductor hit today? Seems to be industry wide.
Brewmaster
AG
Spoony Love said:

This is first go round with the newly finished smokehouse. 36 cubic feet of smoking volume and I'm good to go. I may pull something else out and add to it. I do have some ribs on the sideline.
dayum! I'll just step aside with my measly custom drum style smoker. Made in North Zulch though, by a local welder and of my design! Has .50 cal shells on the handles
Spoony Love
AG
Honestly, this was the easiest and cheapest design. Ended up 3x3x4. Made for easy cutting and design.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What the hell did you guys do to the market while I was out?
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Nasdaq / QQQ is on strong support here (October breakout). We should see a mean reversion. If I had to guess, gap down on Monday and then we go up. We are really oversold and a Green Day is imminent.

Note: be aware the trend has changed.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BaylorSpineGuy
Have a look at options chain on RGR. The Jan '23 67.5 ITM calls are B/A 6.30-8.40. The delta on that is .58 and a theta of -.01. IV is low at 31%.

The chart looks overall favorable. Am I missing something here? Does this look like a good trade or better to hold shares of a good dividend company?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Thank goodness you're back! Things started to turn around with fj visiting but he could only do so much. If the both of you could just check in a few times on Monday....
Everybody loves a dirt road
Jet Black
What are the thoughts on DWAC?
ProgN
59 South said:

It's actually one of my only long term concerns with ROKU. Tony Wood needs to do more with publicity. Not sure he understands how to play the public company CEO game.
I believe you're right about Tony. He's brilliant but doesn't come across as a salesman. The shorts are pounding it and will continue to do so, but that will only create a buying opportunity. I'm in the camp that the market will correct closer to the end of earning season because inflation will become greatest concern. If Russia and Ukraine start a hot conflict, then that will only add gas to the fire. ROKU has major support near the $100 range but I won't wait for that price. If it breaks $150, then I'll begin layering into a large position. No inside info, but my gut feeling is that they will be added to the S&P within the next 3 years and we all know what that means. I don't want to catch a falling knife but I also don't want to not own it at a discount if I'm right. Raise a pint of fresh draft Guiness for me mate.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I'm blaming FJ. He chose a baseball cap and venison cheese sausage over Gus on a Friday during a skittish market. He ****ed it up for everybody. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Jet Black
ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

ProgN said:

Jet Black said:

I'll donate if they give me my agtag back plus all my other badges.
I'll bet that if you PM'd Brandon with that offer that he'd agree to give you back your original account with all your badges. That's another reason why I never activated my Ag Tag, I'm a dick and I'd lose it forever with a perma.

I seriously doubt it. Then everyone would want the same. I was half joking with the original comment, but the whole tag thing, and not having my agtag, rubs me the wrong way, so I probably won't donate.
Just contact Watchole, I bet he'd agree to that offer because they really want to build something with this NIL thing. It wouldn't give you, or anyone else free reign to go off the rails though. He reads this thread sometimes so I wouldn't be surprised if he contacted you and Irish. Irish can't go all Braveheart crazy Stephen though.

I didn't think I went off the rails the first time. No worse than some of the clowns that still have, and have had their agtags for years. It's not a big deal. I doubt they will miss $100 a month or whatever it is.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Have a look at options chain on RGR. The Jan '23 67.5 ITM calls are B/A 6.30-8.40. The delta on that is .58 and a theta of -.01. IV is low at 31%.

The chart looks overall favorable. Am I missing something here? Does this look like a good trade or better to hold shares of a good dividend company?
Chart looks ok, but doesn't make me want to own it. IMO, this is not the administration in power that makes me comfortable to own it. Progressives in DC are crafting legislation making gun manufacturers liable if their guns are used in a mass shooting. I don't think it passes, especially in an election year, but the threat is still there. Also the Biden administration is trying to create an end around of the 2A and classify gun violence as a public health issue and to clamp down on guns through regulations. I don't believe either comes to fruition but it's not worth the risk when you could possibly put that cash position to work in better opportunities just by waiting. TTD sub $75 or NVDA near $250 would be safer with more upside, IMO.
ProgN
I never saw the post that warranted the perma, but I haven't seen any of your posts that was off the rails. Sometimes people have a bad day and a post hits them wrong. Hell, there's a mod on F16 right now that has a hard on for me and I'm convinced loves to ban my ass for the most minor ***** IDC, I just stop posting there for awhile.

Anyway, Brandon is reasonable and it appears he's trying to really build an NIL war chest so he'd probably be receptive to that negotiation. If that's what you'd like to do, now would be the best time reach out.
BaylorSpineGuy
Agree that Dems aren't great for gun companies, but when that legislation gets floated, don't gun sales go up out of fear? I guess if sentiment is more important than fundamentals, then it would be a pass.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Agree that Dems aren't great for gun companies, but when that legislation gets floated, don't gun sales go up out of fear? I guess if sentiment is more important than fundamentals, then it would be a pass.
I don't think it has any remote chance of passing in an election year, especially with polls so negative for the dems. The Christmas season is over and people tend to tighten their spending right now. I don't like the fact RGR missed earnings last qtr either. I just think there are better opportunities with less unknowns. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, I just can't backup your play in good faith.
Ragoo
AG
What was your previous handle?
ProgN
IIRC, he was "El Nino".
First Page Last Page
Page 4817 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.