Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,020 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Rates spiking on lackluster jobs report........interesting. Feels like a fade the move play to me for today.

(I'm usually wrong).
They're gonna trend day this thing aren't they?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Red to green bishes, lfg!

Edit: maybe not
Everybody loves a dirt road
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

(Sorry to clutter the thread with long tweets, but if I think they're useful I figure at least 1 person can get something out of this)

Another couple from last night that I found interesting. This correlation study value as a hint to what could happen also got my interest.

On TOS you can add a "study" to your daily chart and input the proper volatility comparator.....(Ie: VXN, or VVIX, etc). This dude is using a 7 day length, I looked at at 10 day, 7 day, 5 day, and 3 day length. 3 day had too much noise, no value. 10 day I think was a little too flat to get warned. I may sit on a 5 day, or close to it as a warning indicator.

TOS -

I found the correlation study, added it with length of 7 and VIX as the symbol to chart against. Threw this on a chart I keep up of SPX.

That what you are saying?

Also, what time frame for chart overall? Keep it to the same length as the VIX (e.g., a 7 day chart)?
McInnis 03
AG
Daily chart. I don't see any value on other time frames
McInnis 03
AG
ROKU puke.
ProgN
Quote:

Roku Announces Scott Rosenberg to Step Down as SVP and GM of Platform Business
9:05 am ET January 7, 2022 (BusinessWire) Print
Roku, Inc. (NASDAQ: ROKU) announced today that Scott Rosenberg, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Platform Business, plans to step down sometime in the spring of 2022. Rosenberg joined Roku in 2012 as Vice President, Advertising, and Business Development. In 2017 he was named SVP and GM of Roku's Platform Business, overseeing both advertising and content and services. Rosenberg played an important role in the company's IPO, and leading and growing the successful Platform Business.

Rosenberg will continue to lead his teams until his departure. He is committed to ensuring a smooth transition and assisting with the recruitment process, which is underway.

"While Scott remains deeply invested in the company's success, he's ready for his next professional challenge and believes this is the right timeframe for him to make a change. I respect and fully support his decision," said Anthony Wood, Roku Founder and Chief Executive Officer. "I look forward to working with Scott to ensure a smooth transition, while maintaining our relentless focus on building the best TV streaming platform."

Said Rosenberg: "Working at Roku these last nine years has been the most rewarding time of my career, without a close second. Deciding to leave was difficult, but made possible by my belief in the incredible bench strength of the Platform team and the company as a whole."
McInnis 03
AG
195c lotto it is
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

195c lotto it is

Irish 2.0
I just went long ELAN at 27. This feels very undervalued to me given what I know in the industry and all the buying I saw in ZTS yesterday.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Deplorable
Wish me luck gents, I'm loading up on ROKU and CLOV.
McInnis 03
AG
DKNG on a mini tear.
Talon2DSO
AG
ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

195c lotto it is

I just yolo'd AMZN 3275p just now.
Ags2013
AG
Green IWM candle
FTAG 2000
AG
Someone called VALE yesterday, it just cleared the 14.1 volume shelf it was working to get through.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
T Update

The $25.88 to $25.94 gap was filled. (Hell yeah!) Currently $26.18 / +$0.59

Wells Fargo upgraded T to a buy this morning.

Bank of America upgraded Discovery (I track the A series shares DISCA) Currently $28.65 / +$2.93 - Up 11.4%

Discovery to combine with Warner Bros to create NewCo approximately mid year.

I don't own DISCA, I track it's spread to T. It's all over the place now.

T - we're on our way to $27.

ProgN
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/1/7/more-killed-as-kazakh-leader-says-order-restored-live-updates

Quote:

Kazakhstan's president has ordered security forces to "shoot to kill without warning" as unrest continues in the tightly controlled Central Asian state.

In a televised address on Friday, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev warned demonstrators would be "destroyed" as part of a forceful "counterterrorist" operation.
Quote:

At the request of Tokayev, Russia has sent "peacekeeping forces". They arrived on Thursday, amid warnings from the West to Moscow to respect Kazakhstan's sovereignty.
be mindful of this heading into the weekend
cptthunder
AG 2000' said:

Someone called VALE yesterday, it just cleared the 14.1 volume shelf it was working to get through.
Go baby GO
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

DKNG on a mini tear.
2x+. go go go
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
T - CORRECTION update

Wells Fargo upgraded T from Underweight to Equal Weight and moved Price Target from $26 to $27.

They did not upgrade to "Buy" as I stated in earlier post.

Sorry, got bad info earlier.

Ags2013
AG
OG UNF said:

Hope you have a stop set on CLOV
cageybee77
AG
made some $ on OSTK this am. thanks for the heads-up!
McInnis 03
AG
$KR Kroger at all time highs here.
Irish 2.0
OG UNF said:

You bought CLOV on a downgrade day. Ballsy...
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$KR Kroger at all time highs here.
IMMA HAVE TO GO BUY SOME TOILET PAPER
McInnis 03
AG
One panda's opinion.

I'll toy with this plan by using ITM SPY calls and puts for next Friday on these levels on ES.

Triple_Bagger
Berkshire Hathaway on a tear since December (up 15%). I bought as a safety play going into the taper/interest rate hike. Didn't expect it to pop like this.
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

One panda's opinion.

I'll toy with this plan by using ITM SPY calls and puts for next Friday on these levels on ES.

Where do you find all these guys haha
McInnis 03
AG
I've cut more than I've kept.
Brewmaster
AG
still in F... $28 target! probably consolidating here it looks like

Triple_Bagger
All of the high dividend plays you mentioned a few months back have been doing great. I put 40% of my account in these (T, VZ, CVX, XOM, MO). All up 10-20%.
FJ43
Just my 2 cents …. Be patient.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I've cut more than I've kept.
Panda may get cut.
wanderer
-1% here, -2% or -3% there. This slow drawdown on the portfolio is worse than big gap downs (which have also happened)
cptthunder
wanderer said:

-1% here, -2% or -3% there. This slow drawdown on the portfolio is worse than big gap downs (which have also happened)
careful what you ask for
SPY testing the 50 EMA as a type
Triple_Bagger
Calls on triple leveraged short ETFs (SQQQ & SPXU) might be the play this quarter. I bought ITM calls on SQQQ yesterday which are up 30% today. QQQ will get hit harder by higher interest rates, so I'm sticking with SQQQ for now.
First Page Last Page
Page 4814 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.