Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,585 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
MRB10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What suggests that big tech is about to get crushed? Asking because I have 290 shares at a $80 cost basis that I'm thinking about liquidating.
Irish 2.0
Historically tech gets beat up with higher interest rates
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Brewmaster
AG
NTXAg10 said:

What suggests that big tech is about to get crushed? Asking because I have 290 shares at a $80 cost basis that I'm thinking about liquidating.
and couple high interest rates coming, with seasonality. Seasonally tech takes a beating first 2 to 3 months of the year (google QQQ or nasdaq 100 seasonality chart). You can also throw in massive inflation for good measure, lol.
David_Puddy
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Email those Atlas d-bags

Man I hate that I ever found that place.

If you look at Zack Morris's Instagram & Twitter, they're doing something right to be able to afford all of those cars, watches, bottle service, etc
Irish 2.0
Yeah. Front running their followers
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
FJ43
David_Puddy said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Email those Atlas d-bags

If you look at Zack Morris's Instagram & Twitter, they're doing something right to be able to afford all of those cars, watches, bottle service, etc

Wouldn't believe everything you see either to add to Irish's comment. But pumping buys into their positions they have down to an art form.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

David_Puddy
AG
Hey, I get it but unless they have other rich friends, the cars they're driving around in aren't cheap
cptthunder
David_Puddy said:

Hey, I get it but unless they have other rich friends, the cars they're driving around in aren't cheap

Surprisingly cheap to rent some wild cars if you are around the right large metro areas….just saying
irish pete ag06
AG
David_Puddy said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Email those Atlas d-bags

Zack is a great trader don't get me wrong. What they do a ton of is pre-load and sell into the pump. It's too obvious.
lobwedgephil
David_Puddy said:

Just imagine you enter into a position on a stock you think has a good chance of going up, you buy at support, and then push the trade out to your 250,000 followers. Probably a small amount take it, but could create buying pressure, Atlas can sell any pop.
jj9000
AG
lobwedgephil said:

David_Puddy said:

Just imagine you enter into a position on a stock you think has a good chance of going up, you buy at support, and then push the trade out to your 250,000 followers. Probably a small amount take it, but could create buying pressure, Atlas can sell any pop.

With the amount of knowledge inside this thread, I'm not sure why we haven't started a small subscription business. Organizing is key, but not insurmountable. We have a lot of really big Aggie brains contributing here. Why don't we attempt to monetize the collective effort? You don't have to reply on this thread. Send over a PM for discussion.
austinAG90
AG
Treasuries remain at their lows in the short end, with 10 years still hovering above 1.70... The long bond came back under support... But we are going into this mornings non farm payroll number near the high yield of the week... 10 years had briefly gone to 1.75 yesterday... Goldman raised their expectations of year end 2 years from 1.15 to 1.35... Close to the 1.31 we were predicting... Meanwhile BB says " the Bloomberg Treasury Index is headed for the steepest opening week decline for any year since at least 1973"...FYI, 10 years in 1973 were about 7%...

New issue corporates remain well bid... And we saw another good day of issuance Thursday bringing the week to either 59 (Citi) or 71 (ITC)...

Fed continues to push to higher rates... Both Bullard and Daly weighed in yesterday...Bullard continues to push the KC Fed report detailing balance sheet reduction... Daly speaks again today along with Bostic...Daly's topic is on Monetary Policy.

Reports making the rounds is that inflation is subsiding... We do not see it... Although real rates, meaning tips, seems to be coming down... But European CPI out this morning exceeded the expectation of year over year reaching 5%... And yesterday Euro aggregate showed PPI of 23.7%... This is with 10 year Bunds still negative... There is a lot of wood to chop before inflation and rates are in sync ... Should be an interesting first quarter...equities steady for now...
McInnis 03
AG
I like to use the futures as my roadmap of how to play the SPY, QQQ, and IWM's of the world....here are a few observations from Bootsie on things to look for potentially today.

McInnis 03
AG
(Sorry to clutter the thread with long tweets, but if I think they're useful I figure at least 1 person can get something out of this)

Another couple from last night that I found interesting. This correlation study value as a hint to what could happen also got my interest.

On TOS you can add a "study" to your daily chart and input the proper volatility comparator.....(Ie: VXN, or VVIX, etc). This dude is using a 7 day length, I looked at at 10 day, 7 day, 5 day, and 3 day length. 3 day had too much noise, no value. 10 day I think was a little too flat to get warned. I may sit on a 5 day, or close to it as a warning indicator.

ProgN

Howdy gang, I'm back from vacation.

TTD upgraded today to a buy from hold $105 TP. I still think it prints below $75 during January but this upgrade confirms the reason I'll be adding more to my holdings when it does.
ProgN
Hiring falters in December as payrolls rise only 199,000

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/07/hiring-falters-in-december-as-payrolls-rise-only-199000.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Talon2DSO
AG
ProgN said:

Hiring falters in December as payrolls rise only 199,000

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/07/hiring-falters-in-december-as-payrolls-rise-only-199000.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Look out below!
McInnis 03
AG
Rates spiking on lackluster jobs report........interesting. Feels like a fade the move play to me for today.

(I'm usually wrong).
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Irish 2.0
Think the jobs numbers just told the fed not so fast on raising rates...
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Every jobs report basically has said the same thing.......which is why I can't help but be curious about this pre-market reaction......just feels like a fake dump to me. Can't hide from the price tho, everything looks "sellish". I hate this lol
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Surprise surprise!
Spoony Love
AG
What is he trying to say with the SPY VIX correlation
Deplorable
Irish 2.0 said:

. Problem is they've been flat out lying about inflation and are now boxed in because of political pressure. If they don't raise rates at this point, they won't be able to maintain that inflation is under control or transitory.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

(Sorry to clutter the thread with long tweets, but if I think they're useful I figure at least 1 person can get something out of this)

Another couple from last night that I found interesting. This correlation study value as a hint to what could happen also got my interest.

On TOS you can add a "study" to your daily chart and input the proper volatility comparator.....(Ie: VXN, or VVIX, etc). This dude is using a 7 day length, I looked at at 10 day, 7 day, 5 day, and 3 day length. 3 day had too much noise, no value. 10 day I think was a little too flat to get warned. I may sit on a 5 day, or close to it as a warning indicator.

We've shown that correlation or at least a VIX vs SPY, Qs, etc on this thread. As you know I use VIX as the secondary chart to SPY scalping.

VIX correlation really works IMO especially when combined with where we are in relation to SR levels.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

On a daily, with him using that 7 day correlation, he's looking at times where the SPY/VVIX correlation is >0, and the higher, the more cautious you should be. He's pointing out several times in the past where the correlation is a high .XX positive number, look at the selloffs that have occurred. Basically the way I see it is use this as one way of monitoring when things are overheated and ready to pop a safety valve. Combine it with a few other tools (RSI(2)) maybe?) and you may have an actual leading indicator of when to cash up.

B&I Key:
Ragoo
AG
Hope QQQ touches 380 again for a double bottom
McInnis 03
AG
Oh I know it's been preached, but for me I need to see visuals, and the positive number graphing visual for me is really helpful.
Irish 2.0
OG UNF said:

Irish 2.0 said:

. Problem is they've been flat out lying about inflation and are now boxed in because of political pressure. If they don't raise rates at this point, they won't be able to maintain that inflation is under control or transitory.
The inflation needs to be controlled by the spending more than the interest rates.
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

VIX rise typically has a downward impact to SPY/ES. Pressure to downside. VIX falling moves bullish. Anything above 20 starts to be moving into down pressure territory.

azul_rain
Well ****
Irish 2.0
Deplorable
Irish 2.0 said:

OG UNF said:

Irish 2.0 said:

The inflation needs to be controlled by the spending more than the interest rates.

I hear you. But it'll be a cold day in hell when this admin starts controlling spending.
Spoony Love
AG
Thanks, making sure that's what I'm reading. So VIX coming in pre-market slightly above 20 (if it stays there) would provide downward pressure?
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

Thanks, making sure that's what I'm reading. So VIX coming in pre-market slightly above 20 (if it stays there) would provide downward pressure?

Typically. For me when VIX is in the 16-17 range I feel 'safer' in my trades. Above 20 and potential for greater volatility.

Probably a bad analogy using safer as a term and nothing is immune to market gut punches like we had the other day. I pay close attention to VIX when scalping indexes. My eyes lean short to next lower levels we get are rising. The opposite when we are falling.

Spoony Love
AG
I know there is correlation between the two and I think I just need some more time to feel more comfortable making "safer" trades. But I get what you mean by safe. Thanks for the quick lesson.
First Page Last Page
Page 4813 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.